• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Not sure about the validity, but somebody on Mlive says Pierre McGuire reported that Detroit is checking to see if Joe Thornton will waive his NTC. No thank you.

except drop in hockey where i live involves fucking NHL players

its not fun playing against shea weber, its straight up bullshit.

You can take them, you just have to believe!!!

Not sure about the validity, but somebody on Mlive says Pierre McGuire reported that Detroit is checking to see if Joe Thornton will waive his NTC. No thank you.

Screw it why not, might as well trade all of our prospects.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Detroit trying to go the Pittsburgh route of jacking all the old captains? Take Gionta while you're at it.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
You can take them, you just have to believe!!!

Screw it why not, might as well trade all of our prospects.

That's what I worry about. My guess is Tatar ends up leaving and I'll be furious. At least Holland has previously said Mantha is untouchable, but who knows what would happen if Holland forgets to take his meds one morning.

"Okay..."

850826265.gif

Giggzy

I stopped watching hockey after my Ducks decided not to show up for game 7. I'm glad the world cup is going on or else I'd have nothing to watch on tv.

USA! USA! USA!

Yeah, the world cup is a lifesaver. I'm excited for the game vs Portugal on Sunday. I'll be at Ye Olde Ship in Santa Ana starting at 8AM to drink my day away and enjoy all the games that day :)

This was the full quote from today:

LeBrun: Joe Thornton has yet to tell the San Jose Sharks he wants to be moved somewhere. Right now, Thornton wants to stay in San Jose. Could that change by the end of the summer? I suppose it could before the end of the summer. In the meantime, teams who are intrigued are calling San Jose. Amongst those teams are the Detroit Red Wings. Thornton is from St. Thomas, not too far from Detroit but, again, none of that talk means anything until Thornton decides to tell the Sharks he does not want to be a part of the rebuilding plan, and that has not happened at this point

Merguson

Banned
Nick Kypreos @RealKyper
Sounds like Bylsma price scared off Florida #Panthers. Look for them to go in another direction. More #NHL on HC @ Noon with @DougMaclean

I thought the Panthers were going to be a spender this year? How much was this guy asking?

I thought the Panthers were going to be a spender this year? How much was this guy asking?
Our beat writer was refuting that, said Bylsma was willing to take cut from his Pens paycheck (2.33) so money wasn't an issue.

@FriedgeHNIC: Further to @RealKyper tweet, all the speculation is Gerard Gallant in FLA, probably on Monday.

Much happier with Gallant. All the stuff I'm reading on him sounds like the right fit. Player's coach, good communicator and great with youth. After Dineen it what the team needs.

Just touched down back in the US for the first time in a month and the first thing I read is Richards has been bought out. Business. But he did some good things here and the team had a modicum of success. The nature of the new CBA.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
It's a funny thing, because as much as we shit on Brad Richards, we've had our most successful seasons since the '90s since we signed him. An appearance in the Eastern Conference Final, a rough second round exit against the eventual Eastern Conference Champions (in a season where Richards was hot garbage), and an appearance in the Stanley Cup Final.

So in retrospect, it's hard to say the price tag didn't pay off in the short term.

His contract had to go, though. Good riddance. Time to give Stastny $8m or some ridiculous shit!

Cake Boss

Banned
I would seriously take Richards as a number 2 centerto replace Giggles for the right money and take some pressure off #1 Center Kyle Turris and Zibbydoo.

It's a funny thing, because as much as we shit on Brad Richards, we've had our most successful seasons since the '90s since we signed him. An appearance in the Eastern Conference Final, a rough second round exit against the eventual Eastern Conference Champions (in a season where Richards was hot garbage), and an appearance in the Stanley Cup Final.

So in retrospect, it's hard to say the price tag didn't pay off in the short term.

His contract had to go, though. Good riddance. Time to give Stastny $8m or some ridiculous shit!

I heard Cleary always wanted to be a Ranger.

Fei

Brad Richards' contract was awful, but I don't buy in to the notion he's not good. Even just looking at his Rangers career, he averaged 22 goals and 60 points a season at ages 31-34.

Lousy contract, good player.

Top Bottom