• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
A bowl full of literal cookies. Part of a balanced breakfast.

There are fruit loops that have like gusher crap in the middle now too. What the fuck.

I'm so glad I don't teach elementary school.

"Well, kids, here's 50 grams of sugar crammed into one meal. Don't be too loud in class and have fun trying to stay awake after lunch!"

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Nothing signed yet, but Willie Desjardins will be in VAN this weekend. Assuming all goes as expected, he'll be introduced as coach next wk.

Semi-official confirmation. Panthers affiliate is in San Antonio so I caught plenty of their games, guys always ran a very good team. I think he'll work out well there.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
First pre season game against the Bruins, and then a home and away with the Avs. I'm okay with this.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Semi-official confirmation. Panthers affiliate is in San Antonio so I caught plenty of their games, guys always ran a very good team. I think he'll work out well there.

My friend who knows the Aquilinis said they said it'd be John Stevens. Now I'm confused.

Smiley90

Fucking French, kick our player in the eye and won't even get a yellow.

Already injury substitute in the 8th minute.

Fml.

RC

Banned
Fucking French, kick our player in the eye and won't even get a yellow.

Already injury substitute in the 8th minute.

Fml.

Go France, go equality! Strike down those tolberone eating racist bastards.

I know nothing about soccer.

Don't know much about Desjardins either.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The Penguins did not get their guy.

“The guy I had is going to go in a different direction,” general manager Jim Rutherford said Friday afternoon.
So yeah, Desjardins is definitely going to Vancouver.

Curufinwe

Screen-Shot-2014-06-20-at-11.59.18-AM.png

Smiley90

LOL now the guy that kicked our player in the face scored on us, fml.

Fakeedit: WELP

LOL Good luck getting anyone besides diehards to watch those teams.

I'm not disagreeing with you that the WC needs new teams, but you aren't going to drive interest with an Islanders/Blues game. If you're trying to draw casual fans in, you need the big teams that people have heard of. It's the same reason Sony/MS E3s are full of shooty mcpewpew games instead of some of the great indie games.

There's not a single Blues fan here that would deny the weight of the Hawks Bandwagon, but look at the size of the Cardinals Bandwagon. A Winter Classic played at Busch Stadium and marketed as such has a lot of potential.

At the very least, if the NHL is just going to cycle the same handful of teams through the WC, they could at least try to keep it to one rather than both. Or you know, an actual god damned rivalry.

Hawks vs. Caps? A meaningless out-of-conference game.

who_gives_a_shit.gif

Heretic

Yeah, the world cup is a lifesaver. I'm excited for the game vs Portugal on Sunday. I'll be at Ye Olde Ship in Santa Ana starting at 8AM to drink my day away and enjoy all the games that day :)

That's right around the corner where I work. I'll be at buffalo wild wings in Cerritos!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
At the very least, if the NHL is just going to cycle the same handful of teams through the WC, they could at least try to keep it to one rather than both. Or you know, an actual god damned rivalry.

Hawks vs. Caps? A meaningless out-of-conference game.
This is the funniest part, what idiot thought Hawks-Caps would be a good match up? And It's not like the Capitals have a fan base that eclipse those of other teams that haven't been in the WC yet.

We (hopefully) got Willie! Seems like the best guy available. Nice to get someone another team wanted too.

Now we just need that 1st overall...

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
They finally took Richards off the PP!

I'm playing it now and I'm loving it. It's way harder than the second one I feel

It is way harder, but I feel the difficulty is perfect, other than 2-3 places where it spikes.

Have fun with the triple beat patterns

Yup. I loved getting all the gold in Runner2 but some levels in this just don't seem worth it lol. Also the retro levels are insanely hard

I think I got 100% gold in Runner 2, didn't even come close on the first game.

Smiley90

Yeah if we could show up for more than just the last 10 minutes of a game, that'd be great.

At least the goal differencial isn't as abysmal anymore. Now we can potentially just tie Honduras and still advance... We'll see.

Does it count the number of knees?

With Apple's engineering it probably counts it in a revolutionary way. And the power of the elbows to the head for concussions. More of a Stoll feature.

I'm not getting the watch, don't need something to tell me I'm out of shape. I know I am, that's why I'm drinking a beer.

Smiley90

I hope Honduras-Ecuador ties. That means whatever happens we "just" have to tie Honduras in our last game to advance.

I guess in a perfect world we beat Honduras high and Ecuador won today high and beat France high, but that ain't happening.

Top Bottom