• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Brad Richards isn't even that bad. His cap hit was fucking awful.

The term was really the worse part. If we had him on that hit for only 3 more years instead of 6, I think he'd remain a Ranger.

If you can sign Richards to a reasonable contract (which should be possible given the money he's making from his sugar daddy in NYC now) on, say, a 3-4 year term, you're likely getting a hell of a deal.

He's not the player he once was, but he's still got a lot of value both on and off the ice.

Marvie_3

Banned
Winter Classic is Chicago V Washington according to McKenize. Weird match up, and why are both teams getting another Classic already? I thought the point of these things was to drive up interest in the league, maybe you should put in new teams.

Nashville and Phoenix it is! Good luck with that.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Nashville and Phoenix it is! Good luck with that.
Derp. Colorado, St. Louis, Columbus, Islanders, Minnesota, etc all deserve to be in the WC before we retread teams.

Well duh but we they aren't necessarily better than Richards.
He's going to be Vinny 2.0, going to be signed and then the team will look to move him next season or the season after.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Hawks/Caps winter classic? Sweet. Finally get to see them on HBO

They wanted the Red Wings again but they would have had to move Hard Knocks to CBS to get any ratings.

*rimshot*

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
With the buyout the Rangers now have only 5 players on the current roster signed beyond next season.

Rick Nash, Ryan McDonagh, Dan Girardi, Kevin Klein, and Henrik Lundqvist

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
go eat some eggs and stop killing your body

Don't tell me those egg council creeps got to you too!

ib22pbxqsyocyk.gif

Calamari41

41 > 38
Yknow with the shit that gets passed as cereal these days, you're not wrong

A bowl full of literal cookies. Part of a balanced breakfast.

This is the first google image search that hasn't backfired on me in at least three years. Sidenote: I found out about honey nut cheerios with protein boost this week...that is definitely happening.

Oh my god, I was joking... I was joking... why is this a thing?

zroid

Banned
This is the first google image search that hasn't backfired on me in at least three years. Sidenote: I found out about honey nut cheerios with protein boost this week...that is definitely happening.

WHAT?

this has to be a photoshop right, lol

sidenote: I tried Special K with Protein a few weeks ago because I had a coupon. It was disgusting!

Calamari41

41 > 38
I'm playing it now and I'm loving it. It's way harder than the second one I feel

It's brutal comparatively. No difficulty settings, and no checkpoints means you can finally make it to the end of a five minute obscenely hard level, make a simple mistake, and have to start all over.

Roflobear

It's brutal comparatively. No difficulty settings, and no checkpoints means you can finally make it to the end of a five minute obscenely hard level, make a simple mistake, and have to start all over.

Yup. I loved getting all the gold in Runner2 but some levels in this just don't seem worth it lol. Also the retro levels are insanely hard

Marvie_3

Banned
Derp. Colorado, St. Louis, Columbus, Islanders, Minnesota, etc all deserve to be in the WC before we retread teams.
LOL Good luck getting anyone besides diehards to watch those teams.

I'm not disagreeing with you that the WC needs new teams, but you aren't going to drive interest with an Islanders/Blues game. If you're trying to draw casual fans in, you need the big teams that people have heard of. It's the same reason Sony/MS E3s are full of shooty mcpewpew games instead of some of the great indie games.

"Jason Spezza, and Ottawa's 2nd and 3rd this year for Sharp + a conditional pick next year if Spezza is extended."

Lol eklund pls.

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

FOOTE

LOL Good luck getting anyone besides diehards to watch those teams.

I'm not disagreeing with you that the WC needs new teams, but you aren't going to drive interest with an Islanders/Blues game. If you're trying to draw casual fans in, you need the big teams that people have heard of. It's the same reason Sony/MS E3s are full of shooty mcpewpew games instead of some of the great indie games.

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Maybe not Blues vs Islanders, but Blues/A vs would be cool.

Socreges

Banned
Portugal needs to beat the US on Sunday.

And I just realized our California Road trip overlaps with the World Cup final. Meaning we'll be taking it in with some rural yokels along the I5

Top Bottom