• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

He did a great job with the Women's Olympic team this year.

That's like saying the guy coaching the Harlem Globetrotters did a good job in that series against the Generals.

Jon, I'm only being realistic. They'll tell themselves the slide was Reimer's fault, pay Bolland 5m and keep Carlyle on.

yyzjohn

Banned
That's like saying the guy coaching the Harlem Globetrotters did a good job in that series against the Generals.

Jon, I'm only being realistic. They'll tell themselves the slide was Reimer's fault, pay Bolland 5m and keep Carlyle on.

Can't see it. Shanahan will put a muzzle on Nonis and his stupid contracts. I doubt Bolland returns, Leafs already have their own perpetually injured forward that makes $5M+

With regards to Reimer I won't lose any sleep over it. He's been involved in the 3 straight years of choke jobs by the Leafs team. He only seems to play well when pressure is low and there's nobody pushing him.

Fei

Man, the Islanders are just a bad team. Sabres are winning with Connor Knapp (our 5th string goaltender!) in goal. I don't think Tavares coming back next year will change that. Give us that 2015 pick!

Man, the Islanders are just a bad team. Sabres are winning with Connor Knapp (our 5th string goaltender!) in goal. I don't think Tavares coming back next year will change that. Give us that 2015 pick!

6th string*

Makarov is ahead of him, but already played Friday and Saturday in games that mattered in Rochester.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
If Buffalo can manage to get McDavid next year, they'll be a ridiculous team in 3-4 years.

Samyy

If Buffalo can manage to get McDavid next year, they'll be a ridiculous team in 3-4 years.

Do they have a goalie? That'll be a difficult piece to find.
But yea, they'll be real good. Their top 4 D look ridiculous and they have some pieces like Girgensons already upfront. Hodgson should look better playing on the 2nd line when McDavid takes over.

Fei

I wonder if they name Girgensons captain next year. I don't love the idea of giving someone that young the C, but he's shown more leadership as a rookie than anyone else on this team.

Quick

Banned
My weekend:

ibuhSNCCj1s7XT.gif

calder

Not going to lie, I was VERY impressed with the Canucks tank job the past two weeks. No fucking around, Markstrom starting and every regular overtly not giving a shit, we simply couldn't match that.

I think the team as a whole was galvanized into true sucking by the Smelly banning. His sacrifice really brought them together as a whole unit dedicated to mailing it in, Smelly must be smiling up in banhammer heaven. :(

Hackett was pretty heralded, but he really didn't impress much in his time up. Seems goalie development is kind of random, though.

Yeah he seems hit or miss and there was some bad talk about his mental state in Rochester this season. Plus his injury looked the worst of the bunch, could be a career ruining moment if he doesn't come back strong next year.

He's also an RFA and his injury probably doesn't help him in the discussion in the Sabres organization about which goalies they want going forward.

Socreges

Banned
Not going to lie, I was VERY impressed with the Canucks tank job the past two weeks. No fucking around, Markstrom starting and every regular overtly not giving a shit, we simply couldn't match that.
Bow down, bitches. No one tanks like a Pacific Northwest tank.

hahaha, Ted Nolan not pulling punches.

"What do you think when you see Jamie McBain going coast to coast to score like that?"
"Where was it the whole time?"

Look at Reimer's numbers when Bernier was out and he was the #1 with the season on his shoulders.

Mirtle's point is only that Reimer gets the shit shoveled on him when it's clear that the entire team was dreadful in that stretch. Well, Reimer and Phaneuf.

Samyy, you and I both know that the Nonis will select Hadyn Fleury and the media guys will lather his plums for WEEKS after it. Then Carlyle will tweet his 2 year contract extension.

Samyy

Mirtle's point is only that Reimer gets the shit shoveled on him when it's clear that the entire team was dreadful in that stretch. Well, Reimer and Phaneuf.

Samyy, you and I both know that the Nonis will select Hadyn Fleury and the media guys will lather his plums for WEEKS after it. Then Carlyle will tweet his 2 year contract extension.

Well the last defensive defenceman we picked worked out real well.... lol
Not but seriously we need some high-end talent in the system already :(
If Ehlers/Nylander/Virtanen are passed over I'll be a bit sad.

Fluery is a great prospect but man you can get these guys in later rounds. I feel like with defencemen, there are great ones through out the draft. Especially these non-flashy defensive types.

But yea, the current managements philosophy leads me to believe they won't even touch Nylander or Ehlers, small and skilled bleh, needs more grit and heart. They might even pass on Virtanen, Lupul-esque but better defensively.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Burrows is going to the World Championships, are we really that starved for talent right now?

Top Bottom