• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 1m
Garth Snow tells Newsday that Jack Capuano "will be back next season." Story to come. #Isles

Isles gunnin' for McDavid.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 1m
Garth Snow tells Newsday that Jack Capuano "will be back next season." Story to come. #Isles

Isles gunnin' for McDavid.

phOGh8n.gif

I'm sure Snow will be back too, and Wang won't sell the team, and things will continue to be grim.

Merguson

Banned
Chris Johnston @reporterchris
Dave Nonis: "We have to get better at all areas, scouting in particular. We’re not going to become a contender through free agency."

We're not going to become a contender through free agency.

Now he says it.

yyzjohn

Banned
LOL love how everyone is trying to peddle off their team's issues to other teams. Will be funny to see where some of these guys end up, revolving doors of coaching/gm. Watch Carlyle go somewhere and win his division.

Stop it! No accents for that word! È isn't even a letter!

Shouldn't there be an accent like he is saying, except that the accent should be facing the other way like so: é ?

Granted, my experience with foreign languages is limited to german and french and even then not that great, but I figured Dalé would be proper rather than Dalè.

Stop it! No accents for that word! È isn't even a letter!

Shouldn't there be an accent like he is saying, except that the accent should be facing the other way like so: é ?

Granted, my experience with foreign languages is limited to german and french and even then not that great, but I figured Dalé would be proper rather than Dalè.

Look Mr. 3-0-5, Mr. Worldwide, Mr. Take a picture of a Kodak says it so don't stop the paaaaaaarrrrrrttaaayyy. Yeah.

Seriously it's not supposed to be accented but popularly is when written for English speakers or with English as Reggaeton lyrics. The accent should be facing the other way but it's the first option on my phone lol.

DALĘ

LOL love how everyone is trying to peddle off their team's issues to other teams. Will be funny to see where some of these guys end up, revolving doors of coaching/gm. Watch Carlyle go somewhere and win his division.

Dreger keeps saying that he'll land somewhere quickly, but I have a hard time seeing that. I don't think he's seen in the same category as Trotz, Ruff or AV - good coaches who did well in difficult situations. Yes, he's won a Cup, but his most recent 'accomplishments' with two different teams are pretty ominous: bad records, terrible stats, alienation of players, overusing plugs.

Socreges

Banned

Nope. Just "Dale"

Look Mr. 3-0-5, Mr. Worldwide, Mr. Take a picture of a Kodak says it so don't stop the paaaaaaarrrrrrttaaayyy. Yeah.

Seriously it's not supposed to be accented but popularly is when written for English speakers or with English as Reggaeton lyrics. The accent should be facing the other way but it's the first option on my phone lol.

DALĘ
If there's going to be an accent to help English speakers (why??), then it should be the Á!

Re: Shanahan press conference. Who is this apparently important guy in the MLSE organization that just said "I'm not a hockey guy"?

Nope. Just "Dale"

If there's going to be an accent to help English speakers (why??), then it should be the Á!

No long vowel sounds. DALÁ would be (Dal-ah). Keep in mind dalé isn't "proper" Spanish and in the context used which is (mostly Cuban) slang in Reggaeton it's more a phrase than a singular word.

Shanahan said some positive things about analytics. And he's been remarkably composed and articulate in the face of some pretty tough questions.

This is getting weird. Someone employed by the Leafs org who isn't an obscurantist oaf?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Shanahan is saying all the right things, it should be an entertaining summer for the Leafs.

Delryk

Shanahan said some positive things about analytics. And he's been remarkably composed and articulate in the face of some pretty tough questions.

This is getting weird. Someone employed by the Leafs org who isn't an obscurantist oaf?

Almost too good to be true. He obviously knows his stuff.. im just hoping Leafs fan will give him more than a year or two before if things dont happen quickly..

Socreges

Banned
No long vowel sounds. DALÁ would be (Dal-ah). Keep in mind dalé isn't "proper" Spanish and in the context used which is (mostly Cuban) slang in Reggaeton it's more a phrase than a singular word.
No I mean the Á as in DÁLE since that's where the pronunciation emphasis is. But of course in Spanish you don't need an accent if the emphasis is on the second to last syllable.

And yes Dale is used all the time in reggaeton but it's common slang in many countries and never has an accent (nor in reggaeton). If you want to include an accent to assist English speakers, I have no idea why it would go on the É and not the Á. *shrug*

Top Bottom