• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Nah he has his BFF Dave Cameron as the next coach.

Samyy

You know what I don't like Leiweke, dude thinsk we're all fucking retarded.
This was going to always happen? Yea fucking right pal, thats exactly why you let Nonis make a shit ton of significant moves before this all went down.

Spin spin spin spin spin.

Looks like we're loosing Ales Hemsky as well...just fucking great, this summer is going to be painful as fuck.

I don't mind losing Hemsky too much(who knows what will happen though, he might stay).

The guy's made of glass. Drop Michalek and keep Hemsky and we're not much better off.

Your owner is a fucking retarded, its going to scare players away. Dude exerts too much influence over the teams management.

Ryan apparently wants to stay, that will be the real test. Don't blame Hemsky for not being too enthusiastic considering he left Edmonton to another Canadian team and missed the playoffs again.

Cake Boss

Banned
Your owner is a fucking retarded, its going to scare players away. Dude exerts too much influence over the teams management.

And our manager is a fucking dumbass as well, it looks like all the brains in the brain trust left with Tim Murray to Buffalo.

I mean how the fuck do you resign the worst dman in the league that has no agent representing him to exactly what he wanted at the beginning, the exact money and term, plus he gave him an NTC on top of that...I mean how the fuck?

And our manager is a fucking dumbass as well, it looks like all the brains in the brain trust left with Tim Murray to Buffalo.

I mean how the fuck do you resign the worst dman in the league that has no agent representing him to exactly what he wanted at the beginning, the exact money and term, plus he gave him an NTC on top of that...I mean how the fuck?

Tim Murray offered Cowen 8 years........

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
What did he say?

Basically talking about the teams culture and it's failure to provide a winning culture

Thing is, the GM and president aren't really a major aspect of implementing a winning culture directly, the coaches are. President and GM have typically have very minimal interaction with players. They just shift the pieces around.

Cake Boss

Banned
Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 3m
Nonis says last year (Game 7 in Boston) wasn't a collapse bc Leafs weren't expected to win that series

lol leafs situation makes our organization looks less shitty.

Tabris

So with Trotz and Ruff having been fired from their long time gigs, who is the longest standing head coach now?

Merguson

Banned
Basically talking about the teams culture and it's failure to provide a winning culture

Thing is, the GM and president aren't really a major aspect of implementing a winning culture directly, the coaches are. President and GM have typically have very minimal interaction with players. They just shift the pieces around.

And who brings in the coaches? Management.

Who brings in the players? Management.

Doesn't it make sense to start at the top?

Samyy

And who brings in the coaches? Management.

Who brings in the players? Management.

Doesn't it make sense to start at the top?

Exactly, but honestly I am not convinced anything has changed at the top. They should have just fired people. If Brendan and Nonis are on the same page then I'm afraid.

Merguson

Banned
Exactly, but honestly I am not convinced anything has changed at the top. They should have just fired people. If Brendan and Nonis are on the same page then I'm afraid.

Well like they said, a full organizational review will happen.

The question is how will Shanahan operate? We really have no idea yet.

Interesting summer indeed.

Samyy

Well like they said, a full organizational review will happen.

The question is how will Shanahan operate? We really have no idea yet.

Interesting summer indeed.

I am absolutely terrified. One more bad contract this summer and this team is sunk for the next 5-6 years.

Merguson

Banned
I am absolutely terrified. One more bad contract this summer and this team is sunk for the next 5-6 years.

We'll just hire a defensively minded coach in Barry Trotz and everything will be okay... Wait where have I heard this before...

zroid

Banned
It's way too early to tell if Shanny and Nonis are on the same page. Platitudes were bound to be made during this press conference and the time leading up.

I thought the management would be getting shaken up in the off-season, but obviously Nonis' contract wasn't going anywhere just yet. It's very possible he will be a puppet GM though, if Shanny and him have disagreements.

Merguson

Banned
It's way too early to tell if Shanny and Nonis are on the same page. Platitudes were bound to be made during this press conference and the time leading up.

I thought the management would be getting shaken up in the off-season, but obviously Nonis' contract wasn't going anywhere just yet. It's very possible he will be a puppet GM though, if Shanny and him have disagreements.

I think the only safe people at this point are Shanahan and Nonis for now. They didn't say anything concrete about the rest of the management group. They didn't really comment on Carlyle except to say he's a good coach, because what else are they going to say?

And another thing, how the hell is Nashvilles roster meant to play without Trotz's system? How many other GOOD defensive-minded coaches are there? Who knows how to treat a team that has 4 lines of 4th liners?

Dave Tippett already has a job you guys.

Samyy

And another thing, how the hell is Nashvilles roster meant to play without Trotz's system? How many other GOOD defensive-minded coaches are there? Who knows how to treat a team that has 4 lines of 4th liners?

Dave Tippett already has a job you guys.

This will allow them to tank better for McDavid brah

I SAID GOOD

This will allow them to tank better for McDavid brah

So wait, you're telling me that Nashville will actually have an offensive player?

Nope. Fuck off. I refuse to believe they want any players that play offense.

Mike Fisher is pretty offensive to me. He literally wants to divorce Carrie Underwood if she won't have a baby with him by the end of the year. How fucking stupid is that. HEY BUDDY YOU HAVE A HOT WIFE AND YOU'RE GONNA SPLIT BECAUSE SHE WON'T SPAWN DURING THE PEAK OF HER CAREER? She ain't Beyonce motherfucker she... Oh god I've become Pop-GAF. Euthanise my face.

Top Bottom