• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

What are people saying? Any kind of consensus?

Mostly that the length is tough, but the cap hit is miraculous. Lower than Clarkson, lower (I think) than Callahan. Consensus seems to be that the window for cups is open and sometimes you overpay one way or another to capitalize on it. I've seen two or three OKC Thunder/Harden references. Few folks looking at the prospect of a buyout/trade around years 4 and 5 and how manageable it would be even with a small cap hit carried over. I think Kings fans are largely happy.

Some consternation RE: what seven years means for prospects. Vey is almost definitely with the team next year but there's no space for Weal and he's probably going to get snatched by another team. And the Russian kids might be without spots ala Loktionov as well. But like....who cares? Win while you're stacked and manage the fallout as best you can.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Mostly that the length is tough, but the cap hit is miraculous. Lower than Clarkson, lower (I think) than Callahan. Consensus seems to be that the window for cups is open and sometimes you overpay one way or another to capitalize on it. I've seen two or three OKC Thunder/Harden references. Few folks looking at the prospect of a buyout/trade around years 4 and 5 and how manageable it would be even with a small cap hit carried over. I think Kings fans are largely happy.

Some consternation RE: what seven years means for prospects. Vey is almost definitely with the team next year but there's no space for Weal and he's probably going to get snatched by another team. And the Russian kids might be without spots ala Loktionov as well. But like....who cares? Win while you're stacked and manage the fallout as best you can.

Gotta say I agree. I think most people would make the trade of maybe having a tough time rebuilding five years from now in order to have the preceding five years be Cup-favorite territory.

Brooks saying rangers have NOT contacted Statsny. Not sure if true or bullshit to back up the article he just wrote about the Rangers not doing anything but re-signing their own people.

In the end, nobody knows fuckin' anything.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
BRING IT ON ARGENTINA

-cries in the corner-

At least we made it to the final 16...

Samyy

Leafs have not contaced McClement
This is okay news, I like McClement but Carlyle was in love with the dude and used him far too much. If he was used 5-8 minutes a night and on the PK it would be fine but there were nights he was breaking 16-20...

So not likely signing Bolland, McClement....I guess Holland is getting a shot, which is great.

zroid

Banned
Leafs have not contaced McClement
This is okay news, I like McClement but Carlyle was in love with the dude and used him far too much. If he was used 5-8 minutes a night and on the PK it would be fine but there were nights he was breaking 16-20...

So not likely signing Bolland, McClement....I guess Holland is getting a shot, which is great.

I too liked him, but I'm looking forward to seeing the Leafs without McClement. First step towards a real 4th line.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Boston writer saying that Florida-Montreal have a trade in the works. Gimme Kulikov or Gudbranson plz.

@MurphysLaw74: Per one NHL source today: "I think Habs are holding back on signing Weaver or bottom 6 D right now so they can get top 6 scoring F."

@MurphysLaw74: Also heard Habs and Panthers talking trade. Wasn't for #1 pick but trying to confirm for what.

I wonder if Flash speaks French...

I'm sure when he trades Nyquist out of the blue you'll have plenty to talk about.

And to think that almost happened.

Just wait until he realizes that Handzus is UFA

FUUUUUUUUU

Also Gus officially signed now for 1.85 mil for one year. Actually something I'm fine with.

Edit: I guess it would only be fair that the Sharks got Stuart from us when he was just starting to go downhill, and we would try to get Boyle who is starting to go downhill.

Yessssssss, all the Acids!

buzzerguy.gif

BTW I'm going to take him for a trial run here, thanks Quick my man. The Selleck one is a masterpiece

95sxao.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Brian Campbell.
No need. He's a lesser Markov. Need one of the young guys, or a guy like Gilbert.

Re:
Renaud Lavoie said:
From the outside, my understanding of Mike Weaver situation is he's asking for more $ than the Habs are willing to pay....Let's see how the interview period will go. No door close between Habs and Mike Weaver. #tvasports #canadiens

Between the Quick contract, the Gabbo contract (sorry KingHenrik, Simpsons reference > Gabby, which is a girls name) and Kopitars future contract... The Kings are gonna drown themselves in buyout potentials.

I'm cool with this.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I know 3 girls named Gabby and ZERO MEN NAMED GABBY.

Then again, my middle name is a girls name anyway, so whatever.

I've said it before, but you have one of the most Australian names I could possibly come up with off the top of my head. It's perfect.

Top Bottom