• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

I wonder what that hell the Avs are going to do in free agency, no news on talks with players today. Seems like they will stand pat until the Stastny situation shakes out, which means they'll probably miss out on good players.

I wonder what that hell the Avs are going to do in free agency, no news on talks with players today. Seems like they will stand pat until the Stastny situation shakes out, which means they'll probably miss out on good players.
We're betting all on developing players. Which is why I think Bigras has a chance to come up this season if Benoit doesn't sign.

Or be traded. Cause he's never looked good. Barrie does what Elliott wants to do but can't.
We also have Siemens who could be solid. Hishon could solve some wing issues depending on what happens with Stastny and OReilly.

Elliott is totally expendable with Barrie, Siemens hasn't been that great yet though (he did have a concussion). I doubt he makes the team next year. I liked what I saw from Hishon in the playoffs, I was hoping he'd be on the team even if we retain Stastny and O'reilly.

Round 2: Selleck, Cosby, Getzlaf

ibcX2e22PylcEX.jpg

iqkoukdU7hnQ5.jpg

ibq0oWapR4jB0z.jpg

Apoc, their faces have to be at that angle for this to work. Tried to use your avatar image, sadly that was not effective.

Haha hell yes, if I don't have this switched out by Friday then I will try and remember to switch it. thanks

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It would be interesting to see Bergevin move Pleks at the draft and then sign Statsny. No idea how it would shake out, but fun to think about. Not even giving Weaver an offer sounds like he has his eye on a RD.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
It would be interesting to see Bergevin move Pleks at the draft and then sign Statsny. No idea how it would shake out, but fun to think about. Not even giving Weaver an offer sounds like he has his eye on a RD.

He's seriously not giving Weaver an offer?

Not sure they'll find a better deal under 1.5m, and I don't see them spending money on a top 4 guy unless one of Gorges, or Emelin is traded
, or Subban.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
He's seriously not giving Weaver an offer?

Not sure they'll find a better deal under 1.5m, and I don't see them spending money on a top 4 guy unless one of Gorges, or Emelin is traded
, or Subban.
Guy from La Presse said today no offer was going to be made. I guess things could change, but I think Bergevin is aware the D needs an upgrade in the top 4.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
SHOCKING NEWS:

Helene St. James reporting Red Wings have strong interest in Dan Boyle.

ZeroGravity

Erik Erlendsson ‏@erlendssonTBO
#tblightning GM Steve Yzerman said he has utilized the open window to speak to UFA and reached out to some Dmen, didn't mention names, tho

Yzerman said ideally he'd like to acquire a young D under contract via trade, but admits that's difficult to pull off
Matt Carle 2.0 incoming.

Fei

Anyone else forget that Chris Stewart is currently a Sabre?

Yep. I think he played two games before getting hurt for the year.

...Whatever. Our 2014-15 roster is incredibly pitiful. This has got to be rock bottom here. In two days, we get Reinhart. Throughout the year, we'll probably see a few more prospects get promoted to Buffalo. 2015 McDavid/Eichel or someone good at least.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
If this rumor of leafs offering gardiner+8th+ for kulikov and first comes true i may actually throw my PC out the window

HOW DUMB CAN OUR GM BE

gaming_noob

If this rumor of leafs offering gardiner+8th+ for kulikov and first comes true i may actually throw my PC out the window

HOW DUMB CAN OUR GM BE

Wasn't there a source saying Gardiner + JVR + 8th was NOT enough to get 1st overall? Yeah.....

Are Ekblad and Reinhart/Bennett even projected to be 1D or 1C respectively?

Wasn't there a source saying Gardiner + JVR + 8th was NOT enough to get 1st overall? Yeah.....

Are Ekblad and Reinhart/Bennett even projected to be 1D or 1C respectively?

I wouldn't do that :lol

If it's Gardiner+Gauthier+8th for 1st+Kulikov I'd take it and run.

Then draft Reinhart to be future 1C.

DopeyFish

Yea thats not even potentially close to the stupidest moves Nonis could make

It's definitely up there

Gardiner is good/great now. Kadri was great but going through a sophomore slump. That 8th OA could be a magic pick.

Too much risk and we potentially lose right out the gate and never make it up.

On HF people are suggesting it would take rielly and gardiner like looooooooool

Why not just add kessel too?

Curufinwe

HOW DUMB CAN OUR GM BE

This seems fair... is Kadri's name supposed to be in there, too? Cause then It wouldn't be fair for the Leafs anymore.

DopeyFish

This seems fair... is Kadri's name supposed to be in there, too? Cause then It wouldn't be fair for the Leafs anymore.

If it was just gardiner i'd piss and moan a bit because I think he's eventually going to be one of the best dmen offensively, we would have a chance to win the trade. (if ekblad becomes a god)

But no way do we win if it's kadri and gardiner. Ever.

Top Bottom