• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm increasingly thinking we might have to give Anton Stralman basically whatever he wants. The Rangers' primary target to replace him seems to be Dan Boyle, and he apparently wants around $5.5m. If you're going to dish out that kind of money anyway, just give it to the guy a full decade younger. Right?

If this were the Sherman era I would be terrified that we'd be going after Quincey right now.
My mom would say, “I don’t have any more money,” and she’d show us her wallet, but we’d seen her go to the ATM before to take out money, and so we’d just point to an ATM and say, “Go over there. There’s money in the wall over there.” - Landeskog
http://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/fina...nhl-draft-nugent-hopkins-landeskog-huberdeau/
:lol

Samyy

I'm increasingly thinking we might have to give Anton Stralman basically whatever he wants. The Rangers' primary target to replace him seems to be Dan Boyle, and he apparently wants around $5.5m. If you're going to dish out that kind of money anyway, just give it to the guy a full decade younger. Right?

A lot of fancy stats point to him actually working really well with Staal, even making him better. Regardless of how you view that kind of information it definitely would be the much better move.

Its funny how another Leafs draft pick will probably end up being successful on another team. We really need to learn a little patience.

If Holland makes any sort of trade today (besides just a draft pick for draft pick trade), he is going to get totally fleeced it won't even be funny.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
LOL...Dreger reporting that several teams are apparently freaking out because the cap might be coming in lower than expected. Hilarious.

LOL...Dreger reporting that several teams are apparently freaking out because the cap might be coming in lower than expected. Hilarious.

I'm not sure anyone in the NHL know what the cap will be next year.

I think Gary is going to just pull a number out of a hat. Maybe a roulette wheel. Or maybe ping pong balls.

Curufinwe

But then you still have to resign Brassard, Zuccarello and Kreider. Kreider will probably crumble since he's young and years away from UFA, but the other two guys are 26.

Samyy

John Ferguson Jr joins the Bruins front office. I thought he was already working with them like after the lockout... of 2005.

lol :(

HFBoards on the Rask trade:
BrJXPeeCYAAfRVJ.png:large

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm not sure anyone in the NHL know what the cap will be next year.

I think Gary is going to just pull a number out of a hat. Maybe a roulette wheel. Or maybe ping pong balls.

Dreger said the NHL and the PA are negotiating right now, and that's why teams are freaking out. Apparently several may end up over the cap.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
But then you still have to resign Brassard, Zuccarello and Kreider. Kreider will probably crumble since he's young and years away from UFA, but the other two guys are 26.

There's room for them with Richards gone, especially since we're probably not going to toss big money around outside the organization unless Stralman walks, and more importantly they're still RFAs. They're definitely going to get major raises, though (Zuccarello more so than Brassard). Brassard will end up with 4-something and Zucc with 3-something (only due to his RFA status and the fact that he's only really put together one complete season in the NHL...his next contract if he continues at his current level will be big money). Kreider will likely get the Sather hardball treatment, most likely, unless Sather decides to do what he did with McDonagh and basically buy up the first few years of Kreider's UFA eligibility.

kingslunk

Motherfuuuuuuuuuuuuuck I just answered a telemarketer call from a hidden number because I was texting as it came in. Now these fuckers will never stop calling me.

They'll stop in like 6 months.

Also never ever fucking ever sign up for those "free glass seat ticket" promotions at games. Those fuckheads will call you for a year trying to get you to go to some bullshit "drawing".

Top Bottom