• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Curufinwe

98 was a pretty good draft for TB.

BrJxRDjCUAAy0nL.jpg

cube444

You can't say he isn't confident

Maybe he can be the Kenny Powers of hockey.

Is it cockiness?

Said Ho-Sang, in a lengthy interview: “If I was a general manager and had first pick in the draft, I’d pick me No. 1 ... In three years, I’ll be the best player in this draft. And I have no doubt about that. I know myself. I know the other players. I believe in my ability. There are guys ranked ahead of me who are nowhere near me.

More great quotes here:

Link

Curufinwe

Good for the Ducks.

I found out today that apparently Umberger and Kesler hate each other going back to their days together at OSU.

Acid08

Banned
Kesler is going to be great on the Ducks. Want to see what the return is though, plz give up a lot.

Edit: huh, Bonino and a first basically. Not a bad return for Van, not super amazing either.

Pierre LeBrun @Real_ESPNLeBrun
Anaheim will trade Bonino, Sbisa plus 24th overall pick and teams will swap third-rounders once deal goes through

Ehhhhh I didn't expect Bonino so that's nice. He's 26.

Sbisa is 24 and Swiss so Smiley will be happy.

24th, I expected the 10th but we did get Bonino.

Our third-rounder is better...

Overall, I think this is the best the Canucks could've gotten considering Kesler's demands. But no Etem/DSP/Palmieri... the trade is basically for Bonino and a 1st.

Sbisa is probably going to replace Garrison.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Believe in Nonis Dopey

Van was never winning while trading Kesler, never.

Nah, teams will draft character over skill... shit happened with grigorenko... look at how far he fell!

I'd take him because he's as talented as McDavid. Skill can't be taught, but you CAN make a person humble.

He's the only player in the draft likely to be a franchise player, imo.

cube444

I don't think this is so bad for the Canucks. Boner did outscore Kesler last year, is only 26 not to mention Sbisa is only 24 too.

Silexx

I think one thing that might mitigate things for the Sens is that they have a much larger pool of teams they can trade with than what Vancouver had.

Really wish one of the pieces was a prospect, but getting Nick Bonino out of this was a pretty good deal.

Also, that 24th pick should've been the 10th goddammit!

Samyy

Ahhh glorious Hfboards meltdowns, poor Canucks fans thought they were getting someone like Johansen, I remember them saying Kadri was not good enough to be in a package for Kesler, lol.

Top Bottom