• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Now, I love Andrew MacDonald, he's a great underrated defenseman. But Philly, pls. WTF?

6 years 30 Mil? Why do the Flyers love trading for our D-Mena nd then paying them a king's ransom?

MacDonald has to be the most "posterized" player of the season. Nearly every amazing goal has him as the d-man getting beat lol. Way too much money.

Cake Boss

Banned
Sylvain St-Laurent ‏@Syl_St_Laurent 49s
"Making the playoffs each year is what I expect. Changes will need to happen."

BUCKLE UP!

Don Brennan ‏@SunDoniB 1m
Melnyk: "I can assure you Paul is our coach, and he's going to be our coach next year.

Looks like they chose Maclean over Spezza, bye Giggles.

Cake Boss

Banned
Just fucking great, looks like we're going to be the Dollerama of the league next season again.

Steve Lloyd ‏@TSNSteveLloyd 21s
Melnyk participated in some of the exit interviews.

The fuck? this fucking guy needs to gtfo.

What owner participates in exit interviews, as been mentioned before, this douche is way too involved in the management side.

zroid

Banned
BlRaNC0CQAEYA_Z.jpg

Is it just me or is this being hyped a little too much lol

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Just fucking great, looks like we're going to be the Dollerama of the league next season again.

The fuck? this fucking guy needs to gtfo.

What owner participates in exit interviews, as been mentioned before, this douche is way too involved in the management side.

This is just dumb. Melnyk is single handedly ruining the team. It's like he fucking snapped over the past few seasons.

Cake Boss

Banned
hahaha this organization is soooo fucked under this owner and will never get anywhere with this ukranian douche.

Basically calls other teams idiots for spending money on players, yeah those idiots playing playoff hockey right Melnyk?
Says we have to be smarter with our money, yeah smart like that Greening and Philips contract right Melnyk
Says we spend most of our money on development and scouting, we have the smallest management staff and scouts in the league, Phoenix has more than us.
He participated in the exit interviews for some reason
Blames the leadership this season and maturity.
So in 2 years we lost Alfie and Spezza, but kept Philips and Neil, fucking kill me now.

Fuck this team, GO RAPS!

hahaha this organization is soooo fucked under this owner and will never get anywhere with this ukranian douche.

Basically calls out other teams idiots for spending money on players, yeah those idiots playing playoff hockey right Melnyk?
Says we have to be smarter with our money, yeah smart like that Greening and Philips contract right Melnyk
Says we spend most of our money on development and scouting, we have the smallest management staff and scouts in the league, Phoenix has more than us.
He participated in the exit interviews for some reason
Blames the leadership this season and maturity.
So in 2 years we lost Alfie and Spezza, but kept Philips and Neil, fucking kill me now.

Fuck this team, GO RAPS!

IXEiZoK.gif

Cake Boss

Banned
James Gordon ‏@SensReporter 36s
On the "idiots" who spend to cap - of the eight teams that spent less than $60 million on player salaries (incl. OTT), one made the playoffs

#Sens have added longtime scout Don Boyd to their staff to replace the void left by AGM Pierre Dorion's promotion.

He's the former AGM and director of amateur scouting for CBJ under Doug Maclean and Scott Howson. He's also profiled in Gare Joyce's great book Future Greats and Heartbreaks.

We are even going cheap in acquiring scouts, just fucking move the team, its already not located in the city, what would be the difference.

#FireMelnyk

We are even going cheap in acquiring scouts, just fucking move the team, its already not located in the city, what would be the difference.
#FireMelnyk

I don't buy the smallest hockey ops thing.

I'm just going to sit and back and watch what happens this summer. I'm glad that MacLean is staying and Captain Putz is most likely gone.

Curufinwe

Now, I love Andrew MacDonald, he's a great underrated defenseman. But Philly, pls. WTF?

6 years 30 Mil? Why do the Flyers love trading for our D-Mena nd then paying them a king's ransom?

30 year old Johnathan got 6/25.5 from Detroit. I would have preferred 4/18 or 5/24 for MacDonald, but I'm glad he's staying.

A lot of people said Streit got too much money, but he just scored 44 points at +3 and was by far the team's best offensive dman at even strength.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Hurricanes end of season interviews

Chip Alexander ‏@ice_chip · 1h
Cam Ward says he hopes to stay a part of Canes moving forward. Said hearing trade rumors has been difficult.

Ward was asked if it was tough for Muller to get message across to the team this year. Ward said, "For me ... I'm going to avoid that one."

Komisarek says disappointing to "fall short of our goal." Said loved playing for Canes and "hopes to be back. But it's not my call."

Liles said opportunity to play for Canes and "reestablish myself was amazing."

EStaal says coaches did a good job

Asked EStaal if he could conceive of playing for a team other than Canes. He said wanted to be on a playoff team. Wants that to be Canes.

My gist of Staal's comments was that everything is on the table with the Canes this offseason. Trading Staal has been unthinkable in past.

Gerbe said had "good, positive" conversations with management about next season.

Harrison says Canes couldn't "limit the damage" during season and let too many points slip away.

Chip Alexander ‏@ice_chip · 46m
Hainsey will be UFA. Said likes fit with Canes, said will "see how it goes."

Chip Alexander ‏@ice_chip · 11m
(J) Staal caused stir when talked of next season and said "if I come back." But was talking about general uncertainty concerning offseason.

Chip Alexander ‏@ice_chip · 3m
Skinner won't go to WC. Has problem with ingrown toenails.

Mike Maniscalco ‏@mikemaniscalco · 1h
#Canes Cam Ward says the injuries the past few years have been frustrating, but he wants to stay in Carolina.

#Canes Eric Staal didnt think that there was a problem with the coaching staff getting the message across to the team.

Staal knows he needs to be better, but to be a playoff team everyone needs to be a little bit better. #Canes

Mike Maniscalco ‏@mikemaniscalco · 59m
Staal never sees himself in another uniform. But did say he wants to make the post-season and that these end of season interviews are old.

Mike Maniscalco ‏@mikemaniscalco · 50m
The always honest Patrick Dwyer. The #Canes just weren't good enough at home and that was unacceptable.

Mike Maniscalco ‏@mikemaniscalco · 48m
Jiri Tlusty said that putting the pressure to duplicate last season weighed on him, especially when he got off to the slow start. #Canes

Mike Maniscalco ‏@mikemaniscalco · 48m
Jiri Tlusty said that putting the pressure to duplicate last season weighed on him, especially when he got off to the slow start. #Canes

Mike Maniscalco ‏@mikemaniscalco · 6m
Jeff Skinner says that every year he is more comfortable in a leadership role with the #Canes.

Michael Smith ‏@MSmithCanes · 1h
Cam Ward: "I want to be here." Said he and his family consider Raleigh his home.

Eric Staal: "I know everyone is frustrated. ... That's not a secret, and that needs to change."

Manny Malhotra said he expressed in his exit interviews his desire to return with the #Canes.

Radek Dvorak said he feels like he could play another season but is uncertain about his future.

Michael Smith ‏@MSmithCanes · 17m
Andrei Loktionov said he would like to play in the NHL and with the #Canes next season.

yyzjohn

Banned
Yikes. Seems cruel to send this guy out there if they haven't made a decision on him.

If you can him, he's off the hook and doesn't have to answer for anything. As the current coach he has a responsibility to do this presser and answer wtf happened. Can't sweep it under the rug, make him answer the questions, then can his ass.

If you can him, he's off the hook and doesn't have to answer for anything. As the current coach he has a responsibility to do this presser and answer wtf happened. Can't sweep it under the rug, make him answer the questions, then can his ass.

He's not a politician. He doesn't really owe anybody answers.

Samyy

I like how he's lamenting the loss of Clarkson and Bolland
How many other teams believe their problems laid in losing a couple of 3rd liners?

Sure he does, people paid good money to watch the product on the ice and he has a big influence on that product.

That doesn't make you a maple leafs stakeholder. They're not wasting your money, they're wasting their money.

Maybe these public shaming sessions are the reason we can't seems to attract top end talent. :/

yyzjohn

Banned
Sounded like he was throwing Gardiner under the bus there talking about a young offensive defenseman who early on didn't think he had a long leash but later found out he had. Gardiner picked up his game later in the season so he has to be talking about him. Carlyle also said he was shocked who he compared himself to in the league.

Sounded like he was throwing Gardiner under the bus there talking about a young offensive defenseman who early on didn't think he had a long leash but later found out he had. Gardiner picked up his game later in the season so he has to be talking about him. Carlyle also said he was shocked who he compared himself to in the league.

Torey Krug?

Mike Green?

Duncan Keith?

Top Bottom