• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

If Parenteau's slowness won't cause issues with Montreal he'll probably do alright. He couldn't keep up with our top 2 lines and was too much of a defensive liability on the 3rd line. Turnovers everywhere. Still don't know how Briere fits in our lineup but I guess we'll see.

Wings I guess want to go after both Boyle and Ehrhoff and then trade Kindl to free up his salary... I would actually be OK with that... Now if we just get Boyle, then I'll be pissed.

Quick

Banned
but same "type" of player as ritchie where they're dominating in the minors against boys because of their size vs nylander who is small and playing in senior leagues against men

AIN'T ANY GOOD IF HE AIN'T A GOOD ONTARIO KID, EH.

MIMICO = MOST INTENSE & MANLIEST INSANE CANADIAN O!

Mentok

Banned
Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger
Brendan Shanahan continues to try and encourage Josh Gorges to accept trade to the Maple Leafs. So far, no luck, but still a chance.

What could he possibly say to make him change his mind? "Hey once we get Thornton there'll be a party house next to the ACC"??

EDIT:
Why is Gorges being shopped so hard anyway?

Cap space?

That, plus room on the back end for the rookies and the fact that Gorges probably has the best trade value out of the players they'd be willing to trade. If Gorges goes, look for Subban or Plek to wear the 'C'.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
What could he possibly say to make him change his mind? "Hey once we get Thornton there'll be a party house next to the ACC"??

shanahan is a respected figure

probably letting gorges know that he has big plans for him and doesn't want to trade for him as an afterthought type of thing

you know... give it the personal touch

Quick

Banned
But he's got that fancy Euro hair.

iWxHpe0Ptv5w9.jpg

Mentok

Banned
shanahan is a respected figure

probably letting gorges know that he has big plans for him and doesn't want to trade for him as an afterthought type of thing

you know... give it the personal touch

I guess. I assume this'll just take time for Gorges to get over the initial "shock" before deciding what to do going forward.

Stasis

Couple buddies of mine played hockey with PAP before he hit the Q. Both of them didn't make the Q due to different injuries (both back-related though) but have always sung his praises and I know one of them is still in touch with him.

They're so excited right now. I'm pretty sure this means tickets and invites to games/nights out. So, uh... yay for the Habs! I'll take plenty of pics if/when I get to meet him. Groupie style.

Quick

Banned
Which players?

The Caps and Flames ones are the Winter Classic and Heritage Classic ones, both blank.

2012853521423445.jpg

classicjersey3.jpg

Blackhawks one is a Kane alternate jersey.

CHI_WINTER_CLASSIC.jpg

I guess I'm in the minority here but I'd only buy a jersey of the team I support.

Edit: sorry Samyy I apologize.

That's fine, too. I'm a big fan of the design aspect of sports, but I do have my limits: no Canadiens or Sens jerseys.

So, speculation is that we're in on Orpik, Niskanen, Legwand and Peters.

Johansson-Backstrom-Ovechkn
Laich-Legwand-Brouwer
Chimera-3C-Ward
Volpatti-Beagle-Wilson

Alzner-Carlson
Orpik-Green
Orlov-Niskanen

Holtby
Peters

gJXoNtR.gif

Samyy

Niskanen wants 6-7 years at 6mil +
lololololololol

I might be in the minority but I'd much rather have Franson then Gorges, at least Franson is great on the PP. Would be fine as a #6.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
I only have Islander jerseys with one exception: my two Keith Tkachuk jerseys. A Phoenix one and a St Louis one. Always been my favorite player.

Top Bottom