• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Maybe they want the 4 mil off the books a year early so signing Radar for more than he's worth won't be as bad? SMH I don't really get this trade.
We need a Bergevin 'Fleeced' pic so badly right now.

edit: Briere as Stastny's replacement.

Yep, we're hurting so bad for centers that Briere will obviously play on the first line.

Fei

I don't get how the extra pick in that trade goes to Montreal, and not to Colorado. Ugly trade. I would guess this has to be related to O'Reilly's extension?

Mentok

Banned
Yep. Trading one washed up French guy for another washed up French guy.

Big difference between guy on the decline due to age and decline due to injury (where there's potential to get better). Not saying PA will be amazing all of a sudden, he could just be another Bourque, but Briere was never getting off of Therrien's bottom line so what's the harm?

cube444

Big difference between guy on the decline due to age and decline due to injury (where there's potential to get better). Not saying PA will be amazing all of a sudden, he could just be another Bourque, but Briere was never getting off of Therrien's bottom line so what's the harm?

True. Just saying that there is nothing genius about the move.

Mentok

Banned
True. Just saying that there is nothing genius about the move.

Agreed, but in today's NHL it's better than a shit trade (which happens quite a lot). Also, don't know why Avs fans are unhappy about giving up a 5th...those almost never pan out to NHL stars anyways.

Razorskin

----- ------
Agreed, but in today's NHL it's better than a shit trade (which happens quite a lot). Also, don't know why Avs fans are unhappy about giving up a 5th...those almost never pan out to NHL stars anyways.

f2tKYCK.jpg

#believeinTimmins

CrankyJay

Banned
Tim Murray on the Sabres first round pick...lol if true

He also said that he told Edmonton he was going to trade the pick to Calgary if Ekblad was there, and told Calgary he'd move it to Edmonton. Said he was sure Bennett would be there at 4 and Bennett was second on their list. Said he talked to Calgary about a 2nd and something to do the switch. Doesn't know if it would have happened but it ended up not mattering because they got their guy.

He said they had Ekblad rated high but not any big difference than the Cs and he knew they needed a C.

(Stumbles into an old blog researching this subject)

Bust rate ('97-'05)
1st: 39.5%
2nd: 77.3%
3rd: 84.2%
4th: 91.4%
5th: 92.9%
6th: 90.9%
7th: 90.3%
8th: 92.5%
9th: 94.1%

@NYP_Brooksie: (2/3) Rangers in talks to keep Dom Moore...

PLEASE

Brooksie also says Boyle, Stralman and Pouliot are gone and that the Pens are going to make a strong push for Pouliot

Solo

You know, I think I like this move.

Parenteau did go 18-25-43 in 48 games last year without JT. So the talent is there.

Where does he slot in on the Habs? Possible Vanek replacement?

Based on our current roster (and assuming we let Gionta walk tomorrow), my dream scenario would be:

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Desharnais-Plekanec-Parentheau
Bournival-Eller-Bourque
Prust-White-Weise

Moen scratched.

But Therrien's a fuck so DD will remain 1C.

udiie

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 1m
The Flames were aggressive pre-draft. Offered to take on Mike Ribeiro for 12th pick (Ribeiro wouldn't waive). Ultimately, he was bought out.

ahahahahaha

Mentok

Banned
You know, I think I like this move.

Based on our current roster (and assuming we let Gionta walk tomorrow), my dream scenario would be:

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Desharnais-Plekanec-Parentheau
Bournival-Eller-Bourque
Prust-White-Weise

Moen scratched.

But Therrien's a fuck so DD will remain 1C.

Agreed...and I will scream at my TV in rage. Check my post history, I'm not ashamed to say I am not a DD fan.

Top Bottom