• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Seems like lots of options at D this UFA season. Does UFA signing start at 12:01am or 12:00pm tomorrow?

12:00 pm.

Kind of bummed about the extra week of discussions before the start this year. It was always fun watching the TSN guys suffer their way through hours of nothing.

Mentok

Banned
Seems like lots of options at D this UFA season. Does UFA signing start at 12:01am or 12:00pm tomorrow?

Sure there are, but like every season there will be one team that loses out and needs to make up for it...or a team that is cap-conscious and can't take on a UFA contract.

cube444

12:00 pm.

Kind of bummed about the extra week of discussions before the start this year. It was always fun watching the TSN guys suffer their way through hours of nothing.

Yep. I get the impression that quite a few teams have trades lined up if/when they get the UFA signed that they're chasing.

Mike Green is one of those guys IMO who gets traded tomorrow.

cube444

Classic Leafs. Bring in a guy who doesn't want to be here and take the "C" from or trade away a guy you just signed to a long deal:

James Mirtle @mirtle "Josh Gorges in the kind of player this Leafs management group would like to be captain."

Stasis

Let's get Ott and Komarov. Have the most annoying 3rd/4th line to play against. Add Carcillo to it.

Have McIlrath mop it all up.

Kinda kidding. Not fully kidding. Dunno wtf we're gonna do. No Moore is killing me. Losing Boyle hurts. Fayne to replace Stralman? Not even sure we can make that happen. This off season is nuts for so many teams.

Kassian and Tanev reject qualifying offers... not too surprised, but they won't get massive deals. Canucks should still have enough for a couple signings tomorrow.

Vey is also an RFA but he should be cheap.

Acid08

Banned
Sharks are supposed to give qualifying offers to Wingels, Demers, and Sheppard today. I expect them all to get more than that though.

Socreges

Banned
I guess it depends on who they sign, but this isn't a bad lineup. If the top line bounces back, Kassian takes a big step forward, and Edler regains his form the Canucks could make the playoffs. They're still far off from contending though.

They'd have to play like last season to enter the McDavid sweepstakes, and I doubt that'll happen.
Don't be so pessimistic!

Mentok

Banned
I've been reading the quotes. It sounds like he's really surprised by it. I don't know if that means he's going to be coming to terms with it or what, though.

Not his fault he was given a NTC which he has the power to exercise if he wishes. Don't like it, don't give him a NTC, etc.

Although I agree that he has earned the right to reject the deal by having a limited NTC, I just don't see what good could come from saying "No I won't leave". I don't know how well MB handled it by talking to Gorges ahead of time or anything like that, but Gorges has got to know that trade partners for him (which I'm sure are more than only the Leafs) would be limited. Would you rather play for the Panthers or the Leafs??

Var

Although I agree that he has earned the right to reject the deal by having a limited NTC, I just don't see what good could come from saying "No I won't leave". I don't know how well MB handled it by talking to Gorges ahead of time or anything like that, but Gorges has got to know that trade partners for him (which I'm sure are more than only the Leafs) would be limited. Would you rather play for the Panthers or the Leafs??

Panthers.

Merguson

Banned

Supposedly the 15 teams on his list are all U.S. teams.. so the answer to that question is possibly the Panthers..

I just realized the Canucks managed to draft the top-rated NA goalie at the draft (Demko, No. 36). He wasn't the first goalie to be drafted (Calgary picked one at No. 34) but I'm a bit surprised no goalies went in the first round. I guess they aren't a priority this year.

Don't be so pessimistic!

Having a healthy lineup and no Torts and Kesler should improve the team, along with a desire to not repeat last year's shenanigans. Then again maybe Willie D ends up being too soft and Torts gets the last laugh as the stale lineup plays terribly again.

Supposedly the 15 teams on his list are all U.S. teams.. so the answer to that question is possibly the Panthers..
Tallon and Berg were seen chatting. Also with Gallant as the new coach (loved by the players there) it wouldn't surprise me. He could do well with Campbell or Kuli. Though he would not be my first choice.

Also:
@hfialkov: Im hearing Panthers have NO interest in Lecavalier. #FlaPanthers

Well, let's have 'em

10475193_874051955955717_1869508038_n.jpg

TUSR

Banned
why does john stewart look like a cancer patient in that photo?

i thought it was some old dying dude with a kid for the make a wish foundation

Mentok

Banned
Gorges has added some Canadian teams to his list. But obviously not Toronto or else deal would be done.

Interesting...isn't there a rumour that MB wants Buf from Win? Not saying I would like him in MTL, but just curious which other Canadian team has interest in Gorges.

EDIT: Parenteau is now a Hab...could be a good add!

Top Bottom