• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Feel kinda bad for Gorges, must suck to feel like an important piece of a team only to have your GM come and ask you to waive your NTC to go to a team you didn't even want to go to in the first place.

Also, Briere was okay considering his ice time and linemates most of the time. He's shit on the wing though, and we couldn't justify giving him a top 9 centre role.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I'm not really disagreeing, but I think there's a decent chance he would leave some money on the table to play in STL. Hometown, fits the system, knows a lot of the players, would get plenty of minutes, PP and PK, we're just starting a window, etc.

I'm not going to be blown away if he takes some ridiculous 8 per offer from a team that has a history of that kind of thing though.

I totally see the leafs throwing down that much money just because of what happened last time richards was an FA and they postured...

And we are worse at C now than before

Soooooo

I am prepared for my team to be stupid

Acid08

Banned
This Briere trade is great purely on the basis that it removes a centre from the team. No idea what to expect from Parenteau but he can't be any worse than Briere was in the regular season.

I'd love this.
DW went after Vrbata HARD last time around, I expect he's doing the same now.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Dreger : Dan Boyle's list down to Rangers, Lightning, Leafs, Habs, Wings.

McKenzie : Teams looking at Iginla include Wild, Lightning & Wings

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Stralman apparently has a long term deal in place with somebody worth somewhere between $4.5 and 5m per.

The Rangers had $4m penciled in for him, so it sounds like he's almost certainly going to be signing somewhere tomorrow.

DopeyFish

Stralman apparently has a long term deal in place with somebody worth somewhere between $4.5 and 5m per.

The Rangers had $4m penciled in for him, so it sounds like he's almost certainly going to be signing somewhere tomorrow.

But uhhh you cant talk figures in these pre meetings

ZeroGravity

I don't know if we can afford Iginla and a defenseman in addition to a backup goaltender, so it'll be interesting to see where Yzerman wants to prioritize.

I'm selling my bike on Craigslist and this person asked me for the frame size and I told them in centimeters and they responded with a link in how to measure a bike frame for inches and asked for inches.

Marvie_3

Banned
I'm selling my bike on Craigslist and this person asked me for the frame size and I told them in centimeters and they responded with a link in how to measure a bike frame for inches and asked for inches.

You should send them back a picture of you measuring your middle finger in inches.

Morning gang. Wow, what a load of posts. It's time to get BIZZAY!

I bought an e-cig, why the fuck did I do that?

Dastardly, it's a wrestling pic!

SHUT IT DOWN!

why does john stewart look like a cancer patient in that photo?

i thought it was some old dying dude with a kid for the make a wish foundation

Not everybody is an anime TUSR!

but same "type" of player as ritchie where they're dominating in the minors against boys because of their size vs nylander who is small and playing in senior leagues against men

Let's not be as hasty as to shit on Ducks draft picks. For all we know, this could be the year that Nylander is a better pick over Ritchie. But until that day, it'd be best to just hold fast. History hasn't been kind to that trend.

So:

Getzlaf
Kesler
Rakell
Thompson
?

TIME FOR LOUIS LEBLANC TO STEP UP!

I thought you were a Leafs fan? Who buys another team's jersey?

I'm buying a Capitals jersey as soon as Nathan Walker makes the roster?

They still offered him a contract. It's just a much cheaper one.

Bob Murray trynna wheel that bridge deal? We kinda need him and on the cheap.

Why wouldn't the Ducks trade Perrault's rights instead? Seems like there would be interest

Cause he's the third line center we need.

He got outworked and outskilled by better players. Same thing happened with Colbourne too. Both big bodies that maybe dominated lesser competition due to their size, but once the skill and size of other players ramped up, they lost their advantage. This is why I'm happy we went with pure skill this time with Nylander.

Skill AND size is what's important. There are Lucic's and Getzlaf's out there, waiting to bust into training camp

http://instagram.com/p/p4bk7_n3av/

Scotty!!! Just hanging out with his family and telling Lindholm secrets to his effortless skating

I guess Scott takes his family on vacations. What a nice dad.

Scottys love for this organisation and what he does for them makes me smile each and every time.

Scotty taught Corey Perry how to be a good guy..

I guess he'll be ready by training camp. Wow 8 teams interested

Jeebus crocodile-fucking christ.

DopeyFish

Let's not be as hasty as to shit on Ducks draft picks. For all we know, this could be the year that Nylander is a better pick over Ritchie. But until that day, it'd be best to just hold fast. History hasn't been kind to that trend.

the point i was making is he is entering the NHL as the 15th heaviest player. He's 235 lbs.

imagine if you're a 16 year old playing against dustin bfyuglien

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
According to Francois Gagnon, the only Canadian teams Gorges would be willing to go to are Vancouver and Calgary.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
According to Francois Gagnon, the only Canadian teams Gorges would be willing to go to are Vancouver and Calgary.

We have enough defensemen, thank you very much. He'd be like 7th/8th on the depth chart, right with Sbisa.

Mentok

Banned
:lol tempting but I want to sell this thing

Send him a link to a website that converts cms to inches. Don't know why he couldn't do the conversion, it's really not that hard. 1 inch is about 2.5 cm I believe.

This Briere trade is great purely on the basis that it removes a centre from the team. No idea what to expect from Parenteau but he can't be any worse than Briere was in the regular season.

All these quotes of Gorges being completely shell shocked that they want to move him are amusing, you aren't Shea Weber man. Lots of media guys have been talking about how he should be moved for almost a year now. He's gone either way now, no coming back from this.

Get out of my head Red-Man! I fully agree (as usual). Gorges was never considered an untouchable player in MTL, and the team's depth is all in D. What's interesting is that he did expand his list to include Canadian teams, just not with the Leafs... this won't play out well for either side if he's not willing to accept a trade.

RC

Banned
So who exactly is going to score goals next season? Oh yeah, no one.

And we better not sign Miller, we don't need him.

Mentok

Banned

Hockey insider also mentioned the Sens. If true, the Sens could make a push for him as they need solid D. I doubt this will get resolved until the frenzy settles and there are losing teams trying to get the "next best option".

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Most of this stuff is from Brooks:

The Rangers didn't even offer Brian Boyle a contract. Boyle's camp went to the Rangers with a deal that "he can get elsewhere," and the Rangers said no. So unless the market takes a major turn with him, Boyle is definitely gone.

Current status with Dominic Moore is Moore wants 3 years at $1.7m, Rangers want 2 years at slightly less. Still trying to work something out.

The Rangers were hoping to do a 1 year contract with tons of bonuses for Dan Boyle to get him on the cheap, but they think he's going to sign for 2 years at $5m somewhere.

They also think Anton Stralman is out of their price range.

So far it sounds like it's between the Penguins and the Senators for Benoit Pouliot. Sens were wooing him today.

Cake Boss

Banned
Hockey insider also mentioned the Sens. If true, the Sens could make a push for him as they need solid D. I doubt this will get resolved until the frenzy settles and there are losing teams trying to get the "next best option".

Lol we have 7 signed dman for next year plus Cody Ceci likely playing.

Will u guys take a Chris Philips?LEADERSHIP

William DePaoli ‏@TIOPS_DePaoli 11m
Word last night from Iginla camp was Jarome Iginla's expanded list included Tampa Bay, Detroit, Minnesota, Anaheim. DET or TB seem likely.

Interesting, don't know how reliable though. They must be planning on unloading Kindl with everyone they are looking at right now to clear room in case.

iLLmAtlc

Man about Stastny I really can't remember the last time a decent but not top player got so much hype. He's in a perfect position to get grossly overpaid by GMs placing too much emphasis on 6-7 games in the playoffs and ignoring his recent production:

60 - 71GP
24 - 48GP
53 - 79 GP
57 - 74 GP
79 - 81 GP

Granted you could probably argue due to the Avs stinking it up after 2010 that there wasn't much to play for. He had a lot to play for this year and still only managed about 60 pts. That's not really a player you should be dropping 7 million for IMO.

SERIOUSLY!!! STUPID HOLLAND AND BABS!!!

Red Wings aggressively pursuing Matt Niskanen, Dan Boyle in free agency; out on Christian Ehrhoff

You won't do 5 years on Ehrhoff, only 3? No, have to get that right handed defenseman who isn't as good though, but we'll be fine with going 2 years on a declining old guy or 7 years on a D-man who probably wants to much money! Same junk every stupid year. Ehrhoff would have been that great addition to solidify the D, now we'll be stuck with Boyle, oh man, can't wait to contend for that cup now! Shoot me.

Man about Stastny I really can't remember the last time a decent but not top player got so much hype. He's in a perfect position to get grossly overpaid by GMs placing too much emphasis on 6-7 games in the playoffs and ignoring his recent production:

60 - 71GP
24 - 48GP
53 - 79 GP
57 - 74 GP
79 - 81 GP

Granted you could probably argue due to the Avs stinking it up after 2010 that there wasn't much to play for. He had a lot to play for this year and still only managed about 60 pts. That's not really a player you should be dropping 7 million for IMO.

Scott Gomez? Daniel Briere?

Razorskin

----- ------

You're right,

they should be dropping 8 million.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
SERIOUSLY!!! STUPID HOLLAND AND BABS!!!

Red Wings aggressively pursuing Matt Niskanen, Dan Boyle in free agency; out on Christian Ehrhoff

You won't do 5 years on Ehrhoff, only 3? No, have to get that right handed defenseman who isn't as good though, but we'll be fine with going 2 years on a declining old guy or 7 years on a D-man who probably wants to much money! Same junk every stupid year. Ehrhoff would have been that great addition to solidify the D, now we'll be stuck with Boyle, oh man, can't wait to contend for that cup now! Shoot me.

My favorite part of this is that if we add Boyle and iginla, we've just added a 37 and a 38-year old player to the team. Beautiful.

Edit:

They also might sign Daniel Cleary and/or Daniel Alfredsson later this summer.

They will be so crowded up front that Tomas Jurco, their only forward who is exempt from waivers, might be forced to start the season with the Grand Rapids Griffins.

:lol :lol :lol

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Holland is the absolute worst. Won't give the best D-Man available a 5 yr deal for probably a reasonable price... Christ, he's totally lost it. Nah, they'll risk it with the 37 yr old for 2 years and overpay for it. I hope we don't get anyone now just to spite his dumb ass.

Top Bottom