• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
NHLSourcesSay ‏@NHLSourcesSay 4m
Radom Vrbata cuts list of teams he will sign with, down to 6. #Sharks #Bruins #Canadiens #Lightning #Sabres #Rangers

Hmm.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Radom Vrbata cuts list of teams he will sign with, down to 6. #Sharks #Bruins #Canadiens #Lightning #Sabres #Rangers

Hmm.

boo i wouldn't mind the Canucks signing Vrbata. We need a second line Winger. Maybe even 1st.

Mentok

Banned
Lol we have 7 signed dman for next year plus Cody Ceci likely playing.

Will u guys take a Chris Philips?LEADERSHIP

Yes, you have 7 signed D men, but Gorges is better than almost all except Karlson. Sens D needs improvement. I remember how pissed off everyone was around here when Philips was re-signed. Not saying Gorges is the answer, but if the Sens lose out on some of the UFAs (and knowing Melnyk with his wallet, it's quite possible), trading for Gorges is not out of the question.

EDIT: Also, that's essentially a 4-team race as the Bruins and Rangers really don't have the cap space to be in play for him.

Hmm.

Vrbata in MTL could be VERY interesting. But I wonder who they'd move/drop down a line to free up a spot for him?

ZeroGravity

It's nice seeing all these free agents actually interested in Tampa for once. Yzerman's done a masterful job of changing the culture of this organization.

Cake Boss

Banned
Yes our D is shit but I will take Methot over Georges any day of the week.

Methot- Karlsson
Georges- Ceci
Cowen- Weirdcock
Boro/Philips

Not bad.

Gryballs traded to ECHL.

Cake Boss

Banned
It's nice seeing all these free agents actually interested in Tampa for once. Yzerman's done a masterful job of changing the culture of this organization.

Yep we could have had him as a GM but Melnyk decided to continue to ride the senile old man Murray dick.

Now we got an angry old man for a GM thats running our stars out of town with his dipshit owner.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

The last couple of days really makes it seem like Yzerman is approaching it as a "this is our year" kind of thing. Interesting how super active the Lightning have been.

Hockey insider also mentioned the Sens. If true, the Sens could make a push for him as they need solid D. I doubt this will get resolved until the frenzy settles and there are losing teams trying to get the "next best option".

I'm sure Gorges would love to come to Ottawa. He can shoot pucks at Turris almost everyday at practice.

Smiley90

MAPS13.jpg

Calgary and Toronto with the letdown, as usual.

Cue entire US would be purple.

Solo

Hmm.

It's so weird to see the Habs as potential destinations for once. Feels like we've actually finally turned the corner and players wanna come here again. Feels good.

Fei

Hmm.

Lol, right. Gotta reach that floor somehow. I expect Buffalo to try and hand out a couple very short term, very high dollar contracts to average vets.

Hmm.

How in the world is Buffalo on that list? Must be offering some crazy money per year since Tim Murray has said he doesn't want to offer long term deals to veterans. $10 million for 2 years? More?

Holland is the absolute worst. Won't give the best D-Man available a 5 yr deal for probably a reasonable price... Christ, he's totally lost it. Nah, they'll risk it with the 37 yr old for 2 years and overpay for it. I hope we don't get anyone now just to spite his dumb ass.

That's because Detroit management relied on Jim mother effing Nill who now is down in Dallas.

Smiley90

Chapter 11 of Heretic's Act Like A Lady, Simp Like A Man in action.

I'm pretty sure that's actually part of Cube's vlog titled "Why I will always jump Solo before any girl", somewhere around episode 56 to 62.

Tabris

So looks like Canucks are pushing hard for Miller and Iginla. I'm totally on board with that if the contract length is no more than 3 years, preferably 2 years.

Razorskin

----- ------
Lars' brother Mads Eller got an invite to the Coyotes development camp

Also the Jackets invited a Japanese fellow to theirs, hmmmm I've always wanted to try sushi.

Top Bottom