• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

NOW LET ME TELL YOU KIDS A STORY I WAS WAITING IN LINE AT WOOLWERFS BUYING VEGEMMITE WHEN A BUNCH OF COMMIES CAME IN. THEY PUSHED RIGHT IN FRONT OF EVERYONE AND TRIED TO PAY WITH DOLLAR BILLS THAT HAD PICTURES OF THE KREMLIN ON THEM BOY I WAS STEAMED I TELL YA

CHERRYDILE DONDEE: THE DON CHERRY STORY PART III PART 1

:lol fkn

I'm ready.

tAbd8.png

pringles

SERIOUSLY!!! STUPID HOLLAND AND BABS!!!

Red Wings aggressively pursuing Matt Niskanen, Dan Boyle in free agency; out on Christian Ehrhoff

You won't do 5 years on Ehrhoff, only 3? No, have to get that right handed defenseman who isn't as good though, but we'll be fine with going 2 years on a declining old guy or 7 years on a D-man who probably wants to much money! Same junk every stupid year. Ehrhoff would have been that great addition to solidify the D, now we'll be stuck with Boyle, oh man, can't wait to contend for that cup now! Shoot me.
I guarantee it has a lot to do with Babcock. We have so many LHD, and he wants those right handed shots more than anything. If Ehrhoff was Suter it would make sense to go all in, but he isn't. And at 32 he could be declining. Boyle is too but it would only be 2 years.

I can't believe how I get so excited to be disappointed every single year, and after that stupid Ehrhoff news from last night, it is going to be no different today. It would be different if he trusted our young guys but I guess not since he would rather give Niskanen a 7 year deal which locks up a D roster spot longer than the 5 Ehrhoff wants. Sure a Boyle signing only locks up 2, but once again, Boyle is declining and Z and D would like to win now, signing Boyle just means you are doing a bridge deal until the guys in AHL are overripe and are content on just cruising right now instead of getting better now. Ehrhoff would greatly help out our D by a good margin, trading Kindl/Lashoff would also be nice and free up spots but Holland doesn't like to trade roster players... Today is going to suck.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
According to Lavoie, we're going after Robidas pretty hard. Not sure what to think about that. Seems Gorges is all but gone today, to clear for some cap space.

Overpaying/7 year term for Niskanen is now our top priority I guess with Boyle behind that, and they could re-open talks with Ehrhoff if they can't get either/if he is still available and if he can't get the 5 years he wants elsewhere, but seriously that shouldn't be an issue for him.

Which is funny because we wanted to trade for him recently when he was on his super long contract that lasted more than 5 years... doesn't make sense :/

Red_Man

John Shannon said:
Told this morning that chances of Brian Gionta staying in Montreal are fading. #SNsigningseason
Not a huge loss, but it will be interesting to see how the team is in October losing their captain, and arguably their biggest character guy in Gorges. A pretty big turning point for the team.

What's not to get? Robidas is French and probably well respected by Bergevin.
More about how much Bergevin values having veterans on the back end.

Samyy

So Dreyer is saying it's all about short-term for Nonis, will let other people deal with contracts if it doesn't work out.

This team is so fucked.

Solo

For once I'm not gonna waste a second of may day watching TSN's 79 hours of coverage. I'm gonna be on a boat and drunk by noon and I'll just wait til tonight to see all the moves and fleecings without subjecting myself to a 37 minute segment about how signing Bolland to 7 x $12M legitimizes the Leafs.

Samyy

Jesus Christ.

What a dumbfuck organization.

I don't understand how Shanahan heas that and gives it a thumbs up.

Essentially saying that Nonis and Carlyle know they are getting fired if they fail again so they are going to double down on leadership and grit!

Razorskin

----- ------

Essentially saying that Nonis and Carlyle know they are getting fired if they fail again so they are going to double down on leadership and grit!
Shanahan has had his thumb firmly up his own ass since day one.

They don't have the team to go for it, I don't understand why they're so stubborn.

Break it down and build it back up, the core isn't good enough as is.

Red_Man

Nonis was Burkes right hand man right? No one should have expected any different, it was the same with Gainey & Gauthier. Why they didn't completely clean house is beyond me.

Nonis was Burkes right hand man right?

Yep. First in Vancouver then in Toronto. Same house cleaning as always, but I guess with all of the people standing above him it can't hurt (him) to pull a Colangelo and go 100% short term. I would guess that his only job security right now is as Shanahan's eventual fall guy.

Seems like all or nothing now; either Toronto burns out in the 2nd round and stabilizes as a "playoffs but not enough to compete" team or they continue failing and the rebuild stretches out for years as the concept of draft picks keeps running head first into a team that wants to make the playoffs every season.

Of course, that also means it's a great time to trade for Toronto's picks! Just pass on some guys that are old, but not quite pensioners like in Detroit.

Montresor

Nonis bought out Gleason? WHY? One step forward (drafting Nylander), two steps backward : a) embarrassing your team in front of the entire league by offering Bolland $5mil x 5 years and b) buying out Gleason.

If this team wants to "win now" why did they bother drafting Nylander? They should have traded that pick for "immediate help".

Why else would you buy out Gleason other than you are in some deluded "win now" state?

Nonis is a horrible GM. Wow....

Red_Man

Habs couldn't come to an agreement with Weaver which sucks. They've also talked to Malholtra's agent recently, which is surprising and good to hear
I'd love to see him signed for a 4th line center role.

cube444

For once I'm not gonna waste a second of may day watching TSN's 79 hours of coverage. I'm gonna be on a boat and drunk by noon and I'll just wait til tonight to see all the moves and fleecings without subjecting myself to a 37 minute segment about how signing Bolland to 7 x $12M legitimizes the Leafs.

Whatever dude. When the Habs re-up Youppi for $20M you'll be here to ball-wash the move.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Habs couldn't come to an agreement with Weaver which sucks. They've also talked to Malholtra's agent recently, which is surprising and good to hear
I'd love to see him signed for a 4th line center role.

At least they talked to Weaver, those early reports that said they weren't even offering a contract were worrying.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Scotty shows Perry that you don't just chirp and say "Pavel's gonna get it" you better make sure Pavel gets it"

http://youtu.be/a7n7Yr0Nxcs

Scotty can be a dick. Pounding you.

Holy shit. I've never seen that before.

How Scotty didn't instantly become every Devils fans favourite just then in that one moment is beyond me. Complete disrespect for the Blue rag.

I would have gotten down on one knee and pledged my allegiance to The Nieds right then and there.

Top Bottom