• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

On top of trying to get Boyle and Ehrhoff, we also are still looking at Iginla.... Screw the cap, sign all the old players!

Edit: And we still want to resign Quincey... This is going to be a terrible offseason starting to tomorrow, I already have a draft of my rage post ready.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Sadly enough, that is Babs probably pushing for that because he wants that right handed guy.... Or you know we could all of Marchenko who is ready and get rid of Kindl and then get Ehrhoff. Bam, save 5.5 mil and get a right handed guy!

And who is 5 years younger. Imagine!

Fei

Conacher. :( He just took too many penalties and really didn't produce here. Still wouldn't have minded him getting a full season.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This Briere trade is great purely on the basis that it removes a centre from the team. No idea what to expect from Parenteau but he can't be any worse than Briere was in the regular season.

Aaron Ward said:
Appears to be 5-6 teams expressing interest in Radim Vrbata. Teams include TB,MTL,SJ and BOS. #TSN
I'd love this.

Ahh seeing the comments. The rumor was a hilarious leap of logic there.

@@Hope_Smoke: Kypreos "if Dave Bolland hasn't picked out a real estate in Florida I'll be shocked by now. Tallon's fingerprints are all over Bolland"

Hope_Smoke: Kypreos "Tallon can go 5, 6 or 7 years because that's what Bolland wants. He knows he gets one pay day. Bolland will get around $5"

Socreges

Banned
On the bright side, Canucks could sign Miller and then trade him for whatever if it doesn't work out. Net gain.

It'd be terrible if it was a 5x6m contract or something, though.

Tallon needs to go full troll and then claim Markstrom off of waivers.
? I don't think the Canucks ever saw Markstrom as an important asset, unfortunately. The trade was more about moving Luongo and his contract, and getting a possible 3C.

Red_Man

All these quotes of Gorges being completely shell shocked that they want to move him are amusing, you aren't Shea Weber man. Lots of media guys have been talking about how he should be moved for almost a year now. He's gone either way now, no coming back from this.

All these quotes of Gorges being completely shell shocked that they want to move him are amusing, you aren't Shea Weber man. Lots of media guys have been talking about how he should be moved for almost a year now. He's gone either way now, no coming back from this.

Maybe he was expecting to get the C.

To be fair, the only silly comment was about how he's given his all to the team - as if that should render him a cornerstone of the roster.

I guess for some guys they really do think that the intangibles are all that's needed to justify their contract.

Red_Man

Maybe he was expecting to get the C.

To be fair, the only silly comment was about how he's given his all to the team - as if that should render him a cornerstone of the roster.

I guess for some guys they really do think that the intangibles are all that's needed to justify their contract.
These are both true, he's been hyped up to be the next C for a while, and he definitely gave it 150% every time he was out there. The fact is he isn't a top pairing D man, and you can't pay your 3rd pairing guys $4 M per year. I hope the best for him, but I hope he agrees to go to a team instead of making this even more embarrassing.

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger · 3m
Robidas' agent, Pat Brisson says the demand for the veteran d-man is overwhelming. At least 8 teams interested. List cut down tonight.#TSN

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 2m
Robidas is looking for a 2-3 year term. Leg is fine. He's skating and is expecting to be ready to go for training camp. #TSN

I guess he'll be ready by training camp. Wow 8 teams interested

Heretic

Robidas says he'll be ready by conditioning camp

:O

Murray made it seem like he was a long way from being 100%

Edit: Beaten

Razorskin

----- ------
Yup. If we make Gorges our next captain though, it will be the best selection since Captain Kirk.

phil-kessel-smelling-cbj5x.gif

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger · 3m
Robidas' agent, Pat Brisson says the demand for the veteran d-man is overwhelming. At least 8 teams interested. List cut down tonight.#TSN

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 2m
Robidas is looking for a 2-3 year term. Leg is fine. He's skating and is expecting to be ready to go for training camp. #TSN

I guess he'll be ready by training camp. Wow 8 teams interested

Probably offered teams he would share some of his secret cache of drugs with them for a contract.

Edit: Scratch that, was thinking of Ribeiro, not Robida...

Hasn't Gorges been scratched for a good amount of games? Like I saw he only played 66 games during the regular season last year.

I think the Parenteau/Briere trade was bad. I think he'll do well with Montreal, he had two knee injuries this past season, but both were strains. I don't know why Roy was so low on PA, we should have waited further in the season to trade him to see if he could raise his value at least, having to add a draft pick was a joke.

cube444

I love Solo. Fuck, if I was gay I'd be the bottom to his top. I'd suck him off. I'd even swallow for him. But, it's amazing how this guy will ball-wash any move made by someone behind that Habs logo.

I think the Parenteau/Briere trade was bad. I think he'll do well with Montreal, he had two knee injuries this past season, but both were strains. I don't know why Roy was so low on PA, we should have waited further in the season to trade him to see if he could raise his value at least, having to add a draft pick was a joke.

If it means we can get the O'Reilly camp to shut the fuck up and sign a thing it was for the best. Invisible man can try his luck elsewhere and we only have to deal with Briere for a season tops.

as much as i think nonis would throw his wallet at stastny, i think he's signing in st louis

It doesn't appear we're going to match what any of ye olde stars want so we'll have the money to overpay, but he'll still be leaving money on the table to play here compared to what Toronto or some other big market team will throw at him.

It doesn't appear we're going to match what any of ye olde stars want so we'll have the money to overpay, but he'll still be leaving money on the table to play here compared to what Toronto or some other big market team will throw at him.

And given what he's leaving behind here in linemates, unless we were lowballing the fuck out of him I don't think he has anything but money in mind. Certainly nothing before money.

And given what he's leaving behind here in linemates, unless we were lowballing the fuck out of him I don't think he has anything but money in mind. Certainly nothing before money.

I'm not really disagreeing, but I think there's a decent chance he would leave some money on the table to play in STL. Hometown, fits the system, knows a lot of the players, would get plenty of minutes, PP and PK, we're just starting a window, etc.

I'm not going to be blown away if he takes some ridiculous 8 per offer from a team that has a history of that kind of thing though.

Top Bottom