• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Calamari41

41 > 38
I got Civilization V during the Steam sale, this is the first one I've played and I can't stop.

I got burned out on the series by the time V came out, but yeah. This is the ultimate example of a game where you start up a quick campaign at 8 PM, play for ten minutes, and then look at the clock and see that it's 8 AM.

Cross-posting so the rest of Cali-GAF knows, just in case.

Can I come?

Kahn said late last night that we are out on Ehrhoff and Niskanen is our top FA followed by Boyle, St. James says this morning that Boyle is our top FA and we are out on Niskanen, but wouldn't mind also double dipping and getting Ehrhoff.....

MIXED MESSAGES!!!

I set my alarm before I ever play so I don't play until the next morning.

I would do that, but then the alarm would go off and I'd only be two turns away from Dynamite, so I might as well see that through. Then once I have it I might as well upgrade some cannons and take a city or two. Then once I've done that, well really I've taken half of Alexander's empire, so I might as well just snag it all. Oh hey! Look at that! I'll have public education next turn. Better build some schools!

There are spots to fill, so Nonis has to do some things. I just hope he keeps the term low. Or just tank. I'm not expecting much for the next couple years.

pringles

Kahn said late last night that we are out on Ehrhoff and Niskanen is our top FA followed by Boyle, St. James says this morning that Boyle is our top FA and we are out on Niskanen, but wouldn't mind also double dipping and getting Ehrhoff.....

MIXED MESSAGES!!!
I'll trust Khan 9 times out of 10 over HSJ.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

MIXED MESSAGES!!!

So Boyle it is.

Regardless, I'm sure the Detroit front office is glad free agency starts at noon. Gives them a couple hours to talk to their signees before they turn in for the night.

I'll trust Khan 9 times out of 10 over HSJ.

So Boyle it is.

Regardless, I'm sure the Detroit front office is glad free agency starts at noon. Gives them a couple hours to talk to their signees before they turn in for the night.

Actually what is funny is that the article she posted this morning is pretty much the same one she posted yesterday with small changes, before Kahn said we were out on Ehrhoff...

today's article:

http://www.freep.com/article/20140701/SPORTS05/307010072/Detroit-Red-Wings-Dan-Boyle

yesterdays article:

http://www.freep.com/article/20140630/SPORTS05/306300131/detroit-red-wings-christian-ehrhoff

So she pretty much just copied and pasted and changed a few things. So Kahn is probably right from his late article yesterday that we are out on Ehrhoff but are now much closer to Niskanen.

cube444

Hard to blame the Canucks for going after Miller if they intend to keep the Sedins which is exactly how it looks. If you're not going "full" rebuild then you at least need to show the fans something too.

pringles

Actually what is funny is that the article she posted this morning is pretty much the same one she posted yesterday with small changes, before Kahn said we were out on Ehrhoff...

today's article:

http://www.freep.com/article/20140701/SPORTS05/307010072/Detroit-Red-Wings-Dan-Boyle

yesterdays article:

http://www.freep.com/article/20140630/SPORTS05/306300131/detroit-red-wings-christian-ehrhoff

So she pretty much just copied and pasted and changed a few things. So Kahn is probably right from his late article yesterday that we are out on Ehrhoff but are now much closer to Niskanen.
Evidence of why I dislike HSJ.

Yesterday
That'd leave a defense of Niklas Kronwall, Jonathan Ericsson, Brendan Smith, DeKeyser, Boyle and Ehrhoff, with Brian Lashoff slotted in the seventh spot, which is where he belongs.

Today
That would leave a defense of Niklas Kronwall, Jonathan Ericsson, Brendan Smith, DeKeyser, Boyle and Ehrhoff, with Brian Lashoff slotted in the seventh spot.

She probably ran that article by Kenny and he told her to remove that mild, accurate critique towards Lashoff.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Evidence of why I dislike HSJ.

Yesterday

Today

She probably ran that article by Kenny and he told her to remove that mild, accurate critique towards Lashoff.

:lol

Honestly, she is the biggest Holland shill.

Razorskin

----- ------
Apparently Miller to Canucks is happening

Canucks fans:

TKqn0CV.gif

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Just realized the leafs with kulemin leaving... we got nothing from what was once one of the top lines in the league

Kulemin - Grabovski - MacArthur

Yeesh

Mentok

Banned
Habs couldn't come to an agreement with Weaver which sucks. They've also talked to Malholtra's agent recently, which is surprising and good to hear
I'd love to see him signed for a 4th line center role.

Kind of saw this coming as there wasn't any news coming from that front. I'm guessing Gio is as good as gone too. MB will be looking for that leadership presence in the locker room. I'm mostly interested in if he can move Gorges now.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Just realized the leafs with kulemin leaving... we got nothing from what was once one of the top lines in the league

Kulemin - Grabovski - MacArthur

Yeesh
I must have missed this.

Kind of saw this coming as there wasn't any news coming from that front. I'm guessing Gio is as good as gone too. MB will be looking for that leadership presence in the locker room. I'm mostly interested in if he can move Gorges now.
Gorges is gone 100%, no coming back from this and it's clear Bergevin needs the cap space. Even if he has to take a loss on the trade, I'm expecting him to be moved in the next few hours.

Top Bottom