• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

udiie

What are your guys' thoughts on Miller to the Canucks? Definitely a weird move that didn't seem quite as weird or shocking because of the way it had been rumoured/reported over the last week.

i wouldve rather paid for Hiller what Calgary did
I'm not sure how much room there is if we run for Iginla now too; seems like it'd be cutting close with Kass, Vey, Tanev, etc.

yyzjohn

Banned
He called the Vanek / Moulson trade last year before anyone else.

:lol touche

Like others have said, the money isn't bad, it's the 3 years for a guy his age who just broke his leg twice. It's a bit concerning.

I've seen plenty of fake stuff from him too. When he's wrong and called on it he blocks people on Twitter. Guy has been doing it for years. Eklund with a mouth.

What are your guys' thoughts on Miller to the Canucks? Definitely a weird move that didn't seem quite as weird or shocking because of the way it had been rumoured/reported over the last week.

The Canucks remind me a lot of the Flyers; dumping a few stars, getting younger, but still basically playoff bound (though that's much less of a sure thing in the western conference).

It's fine to say we should tank for McDavid but we just have too many pieces to really tank like the Sabres or (traditionally) the Islanders. With a stable goaltending situation and room for prospects to actually contribute, the team will likely improve over last season. We just had to scoop out all of the crap left behind from the Gillis long term plan days.

Fei

Miller is still a very good goalie. I hope he does well in Vancouver. I don't quite understand the move because it seems like the team's not quite sure which direction it wants to go.. which normally leads to mediocrity.

The fit probably isn't the greatest either because Miller can become aggitated by the media, and I'm sure Van's is worse than Buffalo's.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I've seen plenty of fake stuff from him too. When he's wrong and called on it he blocks people on Twitter. Guy has been doing it for years. Eklund with a mouth.
Yea, he's hit and miss, but he's had bit hits and seems to have a connection to Moulson.

Good god you'd think we didn't have a bunch of young stars on this team with the way other Avs fans are reacting to today. Did you idiots really expect a cup next year or something? My god.

Tabris

People forget that we still have the Sedins. They have been on the down swing for sure, but remember the last season they suffered from a lot of injuries and the whole Torterella saga with shot blocking bs.

udiie

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC now
Moulson to BUF 5x5
goddammit lol

People forget that we still have the Sedins. They have been on the down swing for sure, but remember the last season they suffered from a lot of injuries and the whole Torterella saga with shot blocking bs.
yeah I'm still a believer with the sedins, really hoping to see an upswing

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Bergevin speaking at 3:30, seems like he may be finished unless he has a Vrbata signing in the works.

Mike Cammalleri got a 5 year deal?!!? for 25 million. How on Earth did this dude get a long term deal. Just because he had a good year last year we can forget the production he had for the last 2 years with the Habs and first few years with the Flames.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Stralman's agent was asked if he was interested in Detroit.

His response: "No."

:lol

Tabris

I have a feeling MON is going to take a big dive this year.

They lost a lot of character guys, and lost Vanek.

All of that because Subban is going to cost 7-9m

Top Bottom