• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Tabris

I gotta say though, Bravo to the NHL / NHLPA for creating this new free agency system. Canada Day / Free Agency day is now super fun and exciting to watch.

I gotta say though, Bravo to the NHL / NHLPA for creating this new free agency system. Canada Day / Free Agency day is now super fun and exciting to watch.

I'm flipping between the Jays, Wimbledon and World Cup

Twitter and Gaf are all I need for hockey signings.........if it was nice out I'd be outside though

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Habs writer making a good point, that they might not sign anyone else so if the off chance someone does offer sheet Subban they can match it. I have a feeling Bergevin will move Budaj and Moen later on this summer for more cap space.

pringles

Think about it: in the span of 4 years, Holland has turned Detroit from a destination franchise to a place nobody wants to come and play.
I disagree. We've been one of the last teams in on guys like Boyle, Ehrhoff, Suter, Parise, Niskanen, Iginla etc etc and guys like Kesler and Nash had us on their list of the teams they'd accept a trade to.

Honestly I can't blame Holland for today, at least not until he signs Quincey and/or Cleary.

Curufinwe

Habs writer making a good point, that they might not sign anyone else so if the off chance someone does offer sheet Subban they can match it. I have a feeling Bergevin will move Budaj and Moen later on this summer for more cap space.

What do you want for Budaj?

Razorskin

----- ------
Overpayed for Komarov but maybe he'll fix their PK numbers again
Leafs PK:
2010: 30th (74,6)
2011: 28th (77,4)
2012: 28th (77,3)
2013: 2nd (87,9)
2014: 28th (78,4)

Samyy

No one wants to play here and the Leafs overpaid by like 500k whatever
The team is gonna be full of Marlies anyway lets just enjoy Leo and his antics!

I think Leo gets an expanded role guys, 34 points in 56 games in the KHL.

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Clarkson/Frattin
Komarov - Holland - Clarkson/Frattion

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I disagree. We've been one of the last teams in on guys like Boyle, Ehrhoff, Suter, Parise, Niskanen, Iginla etc etc and guys like Kesler and Nash had us on their list of the teams they'd accept a trade to.

Honestly I can't blame Holland for today, at least not until he signs Quincey and/or Cleary.

Nearly every single guy you referenced was rumored or confirmed to have been offered more money and years by Detroit and turned it down to play elsewhere. That's Holland's fault for building a team nobody wants to play for.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I've been wondering if Luongo would ever be able to get away with live tweeting a game while playing in it. If there was a team that he could get away with it on, he's already on it.

During the 2nd intermission "You guys have no idea how badly I need to take a dump right now"

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Hopefully we can at least net richards so we can actually have a proper PP/PK unit

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I would've preferred 2.5x4. He won't be able to score as much as May Ray nor will h be as good defensively as Kuli, but as an energy pest I freakin love it!

Delryk

Yeah I would've preferred 2.5x4. He won't be able to score as much as May Ray nor will h be as good defensively as Kuli, but as an energy pest I freakin love it!

He was playing on the 4th line 90% of the time... if he gets as much pts as Raymond last year (aka. 3rd line mins) and keeps finishing his checks. I'm OK with 3mil

Samyy

Also Komarov and Robidas are both guys that would garner interest at the deadline, they are definitely tradeable pieces.

This day could have gone way worse, I'm gonna stop nitpicking the meh stuff because who cares we didn't get completely fucked.

Top Bottom