• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

MPW

IN - Parenteau, Gilbert, Malhotra, Sekac, 2nd Round Pick, 5th Round Pick
OUT - Briere, Gorges, White, Gionta, Bouillon, Murray
KEPT - Weaver

not bad, not bad at all

zedge

Mike Cammalleri got a 5 year deal?!!? for 25 million. How on Earth did this dude get a long term deal. Just because he had a good year last year we can forget the production he had for the last 2 years with the Habs and first few years with the Flames.

I like Cammy but thats a crazy deal. Hope he does well with the Devils.

Stasis

Dominic Moore has a "limited" NTC in his new contract.

Thrilled we kept Moore and it's a good deal. He was definitely offered more elsewhere, if not money then term. Probably both. I'm also okay with Boyle at that price for 2 years. At the moment anyway, I may hate it midway through the upcoming season, lol. Glass I don't really get. Costs as much as Moore? Longer term? AV likes the guy and thinks he can get him to fit in I guess? It's weird.

So what's next? Our center situation sucks and we're still short a winger at least. Miller can't be our 2nd C, lol. If one of Step or Brass goes down we're just basically fucked.

I'm still hoping we can get a guy like Komarov. Wanted him more than I'd ever want Glass. Carter too... Has to be an AV Nucks nostalgia thing.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Van, Tampa, Col finalists for Iggy.

I have a feeling MON is going to take a big dive this year.

They lost a lot of character guys, and lost Vanek.

All of that because Subban is going to cost 7-9m
:lol :lol :lol I'd tell you to keep going but you've already gone full retard. Yes, lets keep Gorges and Gionta and move Subban because he wants the money he's owed.

Tabris

I kinda feel bad for NJD. They had to overpay for a player like Ryan Clowe and Mike Cammelari all because of Kovalchuk. The amount that player cost that organization is insane. First, then insane trade to rent him from ATL, then the penalty of signing a subversion contract from the NHL, then he leaves after they base their team around him.

Only bright spot was when Mike Gillis gave NJD an absolute gift in Cory Schneider.

We missed out on everyone because no one wants to sign with this stupid team.

:LOLOLOLOLOL

Can't wait to bring Quincey and Cleary back!!!

Today really sucks as expected.

yyzjohn

Banned
Yea, he's hit and miss, but he's had bit hits and seems to have a connection to Moulson.

He just regurgitates what he reads on Twitter/websites. I've seen Moulson linked to Sabres in the days leading up to today. He has no "sources" he just follows closely and tries to post as many rumors as quickly as he can.

Tabris

:lol :lol :lol I'd tell you to keep going but you've already gone full retard. Yes, lets keep Gorges and Gionta and move Subban because he wants the money he's owed.

Not saying it wasn't the right thing to do. I'm just saying MON is going to take a hit because of it. Is that not true?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
We missed out on everyone because no one wants to sign with this stupid team.

:LOLOLOLOLOL

Can't wait to bring Quincey and Cleary back!!!

Today really sucks as expected.

Think about it: in the span of 4 years, Holland has turned Detroit from a destination franchise to a place nobody wants to come and play.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Interesting that the Hawks aren't doing anything while all the Western powerhouses load up. Have to think they grab Richards at this point.

Not saying it wasn't the right thing to do. I'm just saying MON is going to take a hit because of it. Is that not true?
Anything is possible, a Canuck fan should know this better than anyone else right now. I hope the team is stable enough, and talented enough that they can overcome the incredible loss of offense provided by Gorges and Gionta. Price is the real captain regardless, the C is just for media purposes. They've improved in every area already, aside from the hole at RW which Bergevin has said he's trying to fill.

Top Bottom