• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Tabris

According to Miller we have a modern city!

I dunno if joking, but we have an extremely modern city. Due to my work, I have been traveling around both countries, and the only comparable city I've seen is Toronto except Toronto is way too hot / cold and once you leave Toronto, you don't have amazing nature, you have the same sprawl you see in most American cities.

I've been to Vancouver, Edmonton, Ottawa, Toronto, Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Dallas, Denver, Omaha, Minneapolis, Baltimore, Boston, New York, Raleigh, and Atlanta. And the only place I would consider moving instead of living in Vancouver is San Fran (and only if downtown) and New York (and only if downtown), and only if I made enough money to get some space.

And the only place I would consider moving instead of living in Vancouver is San Fran (and only if downtown) and New York (and only if downtown)

It saddens me that Vancouver is the cheapest of the three when it comes to renting a 1 bedroom apartment, and yet none of them are realistic options for most people.

Tabris

It saddens me that Vancouver is the cheapest of the three when it comes to renting a 1 bedroom apartment, and yet none of them are realistic options for most people.

For renting a 1 bedroom apartment? Yes. For buying a house or just general cost of living? Nope. Vancouver has the highest cost of living in North America. As with NY and SF, when you drive a couple miles away from the downtown core, it becomes quite cheap in comparison. You can drive across a bridge and turn right and be in a ghetto.

For renting a 1 bedroom apartment? Yes. For buying a house or just general cost of living? Nope. Vancouver has the highest cost of living in North America. As with NY and SF, when you drive a couple miles away from the downtown core, it becomes quite cheap in comparison. You can drive across a bridge and turn left in SF and be in a ghetto.

SF has more ghetto but basically everyone I know in software dev lives in Oakland or drives into town to work. Vancouver has crazy high property values but basically you end up doing the same thing if you need that much square footage: move to Surrey/Coquitlam/etc and commute.

He was electric. Everyone in Vancouver is excited. Go Canucks.

Hard to talk like you're about to win a playoff round when (a) it's the middle of the summer, (b) you're a goaltender and (c) haven't even talked to anyone outside of the the two guys at the press conference.

What I found reassuring was Benning underlining the value of sturdy goaltending in how he thinks a team should be structured, and Miller expressing his gratitude to feel so wanted. A big change from Gillis poisoning the well and running a salary cap yard sale.

Tabris

SF has more ghetto but basically everyone I know in software dev lives in Oakland or drives into town to work. Vancouver has crazy high property values but basically you end up doing the same thing if you need that much square footage: move to Surrey/Coquitlam/etc and commute.

Yeah, but the median housing price in Surrey still costs $600k+ in our "ghetto", while Oakland median price is $300-400k

And we make fun of Surrey, but it's nothing like what Oakland is.

Acid08

Banned
For renting a 1 bedroom apartment? Yes. For buying a house or just general cost of living? Nope. Vancouver has the highest cost of living in North America. As with NY and SF, when you drive a couple miles away from the downtown core, it becomes quite cheap in comparison. You can drive across a bridge and turn right and be in a ghetto.
Lol as usual you don't know what the fuck you're talking about Tabby. Nowhere in SF is cheap. Oakland is becoming really expensive as more people are being pushed out of SF.

Also you don't know shit about Oakland.

Lol as usual you don't know what the fuck you're talking about Tabby. Nowhere in SF is cheap. Oakland is becoming really expensive as more people are being pushed out of SF.

Also you don't know shit about Oakland.

Hey, you can find a perfectly fine square of concrete in the Haight and be content.

for about $800 a month

And we make fun of Surrey, but it's nothing like what Oakland is.

Parts of Surrey may be burning every day, but the only way you can live in Oakland is by pledging a Raiders blood pact.

Anyway, I guess we have a lot of young guys to fight for some spots in camp. That's refreshing. Markstrom is another issue but all we can really do is pick one guy and move on, because Ericsson and the guy we drafted are there waiting.

Acid08

Banned

In comparison. We were comparing Oakland to Surrey. Something you obviously don't know about. I displayed the actual median price facts between Oakland and Surrey. You've been lawyered.

EDIT - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvjpm1mJXlE
Hey dum dum look at what I bolded. This is what I took issue with. Unless "a couple miles from downtown" is you referring to Oakland? Which is also stupid.

My comment on Oakland is you referring to it as a ghetto. It isn't. Has rough parts though.

ZeroGravity

the leafs press conference room is empty lol uhhhh
Reminded me of this:

Bh_McHVCIAAGX-2.png

Fei

Are Lack and Markstrom on 1 way deals?

Pretty sure Markstrom has to clear waivers if he is sent down. Capgeek has his AHL/NHL contract value equal for 14-15.

The Sabres already have like 6 goalies, I guess another one couldn't hurt.

Pretty much. At this point it's going to be whoever stands out. Markstrom probably has a better pedigree than anyone in our system. Connor Knapp got cut, so there's one less!

Bryan Murray conference at 430, I guess no one wanted to sign for Canadian Tire money.

I doubt I'm going to follow the team much or come here at all if that's pretty much it, time to go full KingHenrik30.

What a fucking joke this franchise is becoming. Trade Spezza as a salary dump(and some promising prospects) and re-sign decrepit Michalek for the same amount.

Just fucking tank for McDavid already if you're too cheap to spend anything close to a competitive level.

Top Bottom