• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

It's going to be impossible to sign O'Reilly at a decent price after today's bullshit contract wave. God fucking damn it.

edit: Also, the fact that we were in on Niskanen even knowing he wanted crazy money may be revealing that we're going to move O'Reilly. We couldn't sign O'Reilly, Barrie and Niskanen even if Niskanen was asking for realistic money.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
LOL at this Niskanen thing. Sounds like he had a great deal from TB and then they got an even better deal with Stralman.

This seems like alot.. don't even know the guy to be honest. :bulb

He was the Pens 7th D, sometimes played forward on the 4th line when everyone was injured. He's completely unremarkable and Calgary just gave him 3 years at $2.9m per. This might baffle me more than the Orpik contract, although it's probably not as bad as that one.

Curufinwe

He was the Pens 7th D, sometimes played forward on the 4th line when everyone was injured. He's completely unremarkable and Calgary just gave him 3 years at $2.9m per. This might baffle me more than the Orpik contract, although it's probably not as bad as that one.

You can't put a price on truculence.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Wtf. 2.9m per year is hilarious for Engelland.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Its this years jeff finger award

RC

Banned
So Canucks are done. No scoring winger. Nicklas Jensen is going to be thrown in the deep end, hopefully he steps up.

We needed a top six winger more than we needed Ryan Miller.

Goals will be even harder to come by this season. Going to be some dull games ahead.

Tabris

We needed a top six winger more than we needed Ryan Miller.

Agreed. I think Benning and Desjardins will create a culture of wolf pack which will make it easier for players like Sedins to get some room. I also think Gaunce, Horvat, Shinkaruk, and/or Jensen will get a lot more playtime and that may add some exciting dynamic to our offence if they are ready yet.

So it'll be interesting. But good chance we don't score many goals, and are a bottom 15 team, but I'll hope for the best.

Was at an hour long meeting and came back to see we made one AHL signing and that was it.....

Next year is really going to suck and D and Z probably aren't happy that we swung and missed on pretty much everyone.

So now Holland will probably trade away all of our youth for someone... Great.

Top Bottom