• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

I dunno if joking, but we have an extremely modern city. Due to my work, I have been traveling around both countries, and the only comparable city I've seen is Toronto except Toronto is way too hot / cold and once you leave Toronto, you don't have amazing nature, you have the same sprawl you see in most American cities.

I've been to Vancouver, Edmonton, Ottawa, Toronto, Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Dallas, Denver, Omaha, Minneapolis, Baltimore, Boston, New York, Raleigh, and Atlanta. And the only place I would consider moving instead of living in Vancouver is San Fran (and only if downtown) and New York (and only if downtown), and only if I made enough money to get some space.

Veering off the FA/World Cup conversation a bit. Ranking those cities, in tiers, I would go:

San Diego
San Francisco
Vancouver
Los Angeles*
Portland
Seattle

----

Toronto
Denver
Minneapolis
New York
Atlanta

----

Boston
Phoenix
Ottawa
Raleigh
Baltimore
Omaha
Edmonton
Dallas
Las Vegas

*Los Angeles could also be first. Our city sucks, but it has things you literally cannot experience in other cities. It's impossible to leave, you hate living here, but at the end of the day it's unbearable to be without what LA provides.

Sidenote: I have a college friend who never lived outside of So. Cal and is on a roadtrip through the Pacific Northwest right now. She is absolutely floored by the fact that homeless people exist. Like, had no idea homelessness was a big problem in the region, or at least the stark reality of confronting it. Which is crazy because downtown Los Angeles and San Diego both have large homeless populations. She visited San Francisco earlier this year and is convinced that homelessness was not as large a problem there...which is absurd, as someone who lived in the city for five years. Of the three cities (SF, Portland, Seattle) and Vancouver I would say San Francisco has the lead in homelessness being present and in your face.

Tabris

Hey dum dum look at what I bolded. This is what I took issue with. Unless "a couple miles from downtown" is you referring to Oakland? Which is also stupid.

My comment on Oakland is you referring to it as a ghetto. It isn't. Has rough parts though.

I was referring to Oakland. It's a bridge across from downtown SF.

I consider Surrey a ghetto, so I don't know what Oakland is then if it's not a ghetto:

Surrey Murders 2013 - 25 (2012 was 21) vs Population 396k
Oakland Murders 2013 - 92 (2012 was 131) vs Population 390k

Socreges

Banned
I was referring to Oakland. It's a bridge across from downtown SF.

Surrey Murders 2013 - 25 (2011 was 21) vs Population 396k
Oakland Murders 2013 - 92 (2012 was 131) vs Population 390k
You resort to logical fallacies so often that I find it disturbing that you apparently have a good job that requires some intelligence.

Tabris

You resort to logical fallacies so often that I find it disturbing that you apparently have a good job that requires some intelligence.

Not only do I have a good job but I've been exceeding my performance / revenue targets by a considerable amount last 2 years in this new role. :)

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
lookie_zps414012f0.jpg~original

DETECTIVE GAF GOOOO

I guess looking at it like we replaced Parenteau with Iginla it's not as bad. I think that his speed is going to make things confusing a lot of the time and I think we overpaid by a lot but overall I'm starting to feel better about it. If something doesn't happen with O'Reilly and Barrie soon I'm pretty sure I feel an ulcer coming.

Merguson

Banned
Shanahan still trying to get Gorges to come to Toronto confirmed?

Gorges "Dude, I'm in Buffalo"

Shanahan "Well, stop by Toronto next week and I'll show you the city"

Gorges "No. I moved there."

Shanahan "It's good to hear that you're moving to Buffalo. We can definitely help you find a condo to buy in Toronto. We're very supportive of the players here."

Gorges "fuckfuckfuckfuck"

Top Bottom