• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Trust me young Samyy, save the rage/swallowing of sadness for when the playoffs are over and moves can actually be done.

No point in killing yourself now when you know nothing will happen anytime soon, you'll be all tuckered out by the time the draft rolls around. :)

Razorskin

----- ------
Bettman looking like he just got drafted.

Dijw2ig.jpg

OG gremlin

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
All my friends who are Leaf fans have jumped ship to the Raptors, I'll probably catch a few games. I haven't watched a playoff game since the Cetlics played the Lakers in the final.

zroid

Banned
The Raptors were not that bad honestly. Defence struggled at times but it was mostly ok. Main problem was DeRozan wasn't able to get things going, and he's really key to their success. Ross struggled too. Lowry, JV, and some of second liners kept them in it.

Samyy

Guess you're right after watching your first game ever.

Im just joking around with you man :p

The nets seemed to have a fairly easy time scoring, Raptors couldn't do anything on offence. Hopefully they figure it out for game 2! It was a fun game to watch though.

Red_Man

I haven't paid too much attention to this years draft, I know the top 10-15 is forward heavy, but does it even out in the bottom 20 or so? I'd like for the Habs to grab a pure skill forward near their pick.

Samyy

I haven't paid too much attention to this years draft, I know the top 10-15 is forward heavy, but does it even out in the bottom 20 or so? I'd like for the Habs to grab a pure skill forward near their pick.

Not a lot of high-end talent at all but its a solid depth draft, some great players available 2nd round and beyond, apparently.

Red_Man

Not a lot of high-end talent at all but its a solid depth draft, some great players available 2nd round and beyond, apparently.
Timmon's excels in the 2nd round area, so I have faith in him. We have enough D and two way guys, it would be nice to grab a kid like Mantha, a pure sniper.

Habs don't have their 2nd rounder.

oh well, they'll manage.
Right. Forgot about this :lol

Merguson

Banned
Dis Sam Carrick guys
Fiesty, PKs, can score, can fight - future 3rd/4th line centre for us, I can feel it.

We'll throw money at a free agent instead. Sorry.

I noticed Antoine Bibeau, our 6th draft pick in 2013, is having a good playoffs so far. 10 - 1 - 1 / 2.01 / 0.921. His team currently 2-0 over the Halifax Mooseheads.

Socreges

Banned
We'll throw money at a free agent instead. Sorry.

I noticed Antoine Bibeau, our 6th draft pick in 2013, is having a good playoffs so far. 10 - 1 - 1 / 2.01 / 0.921. His team currently 2-0 over the Halifax Mooseheads.
So you'll trade him for Ray Emery then.

Samyy

Leafs prospect Andreas Johnson was voted rookie of the year in the SHL (Swedish Elite League changed its name to Swedish Hockey League).

Previous winners 2000+:
2000-01 Henrik Zetterberg, Timrå IK
2001-02 Rolf Wanhainen, Södertälje SK
2002-03 Tobias Enström, MODO Hockey
2003-04 Loui Eriksson, Västra Frölunda HC
2004-05 Oscar Steen, Färjestads BK
2005-06 Nicklas Bäckström, Brynäs IF
2006-07 Patric Hörnqvist, Djurgårdens IF
2007-08 Daniel Larsson, Djurgårdens IF
2008-09 Victor Hedman, MODO Hockey
2009-10 Jacob Markström, Brynäs IF
2010-11 Mattias Ekholm, Brynäs IF
2011-12 Johan Larsson, Brynäs IF
2012-13 William Karlsson, HV 71

Pretty decent company, the last 3 are also pretty good prospects, especially William Karlsson, stupid Ducks >=(
Steen and Wanhainen were never drafted.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
There's this junior on the gaming side with a sexy Kessel avatar, and every time he posts I think it's Quick :/

The Sun is a joke, anything to sell papers.

I dont understand the Spezza thing.

Is Turris supposed to be the new number one? After a 58 pt season???

He's been our #1 centre for (well 1.5 seasons).

Points aren't quite there but he gets more ice time and faces the toughest competition which is what you want from your #1 centre.

Spezza is sheltered like MA Bergeron.

zroid

Banned
Someone made a video comparing how the Leafs react to losing an offensive zone faceoff versus how the Ducks react. It's interesting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wom4hRyp1YA

Spoiler: the Leafs basically retreat into the neutral zone whereas the Ducks apply pressure. Apparently the Ducks are one of the league's most successful teams in this situation.

fallout

Ex-Jets coach Claude Noel's first interview since he was fired.

Always liked him. Sad that it turned out that way for him, since he was always great to the fans and media here. Hope he finds another coaching job since I think he is a decent one. If not head coach, then at least assistant somewhere.
Good interview. He comes across as being very honest. I think he's a good coach, but as he put it, the players just weren't buying in.

Samyy

Someone made a video comparing how the Leafs react to losing an offensive zone faceoff versus how the Ducks react. It's interesting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wom4hRyp1YA

Spoiler: the Leafs basically retreat into the neutral zone whereas the Ducks apply pressure. Apparently the Ducks are one of the league's most successful teams in this situation.

Theres actually a fancy stat for this and I think Boudreau is one of the best coaches at it, someone showed that he did something similar with Washington before he was forced by the GM to play a different system.

Hey, look at this! Andreas Johnson won SEL rookie of the year, beating out a fellow Leafs' pick, Tom Nilsson. It's probably meaningless, but maybe not!

Also, very interesting to see that Belov is leaving the league because of Eakins. Leafs might have dodged a bullet there.

Samyy

Hey, look at this! Andreas Johnson won SEL rookie of the year, beating out a fellow Leafs' pick, Tom Nilsson. It's probably meaningless, but maybe not!

Also, very interesting to see that Belov is leaving the league because of Eakins. Leafs might have dodged a bullet there.

Leafs prospect Andreas Johnson was voted rookie of the year in the SHL (Swedish Elite League changed its name to Swedish Hockey League).

Previous winners 2000+:
2000-01 Henrik Zetterberg, Timrå IK
2001-02 Rolf Wanhainen, Södertälje SK
2002-03 Tobias Enström, MODO Hockey
2003-04 Loui Eriksson, Västra Frölunda HC
2004-05 Oscar Steen, Färjestads BK
2005-06 Nicklas Bäckström, Brynäs IF
2006-07 Patric Hörnqvist, Djurgårdens IF
2007-08 Daniel Larsson, Djurgårdens IF
2008-09 Victor Hedman, MODO Hockey
2009-10 Jacob Markström, Brynäs IF
2010-11 Mattias Ekholm, Brynäs IF
2011-12 Johan Larsson, Brynäs IF
2012-13 William Karlsson, HV 71

Pretty decent company, the last 3 are also pretty good prospects, especially William Karlsson, stupid Ducks >=(
Steen and Wanhainen were never drafted.

Just gonna leave this here

Socreges

Banned
More good news:

Andreas Johnson lag tio medan SEL lag åtta möter lag nio i en matchserie Rolf Wanhainen
Andreas Johnson after winning SEL rookie of the year is being touted as the next Rolf Wanhainen

zroid

Banned
Canada vs Russia World U18 is live right now... Jake Virtanen and Haydn Fleury are on the squad.

edit: also-- Vladislav Tretiak's grandson is in net for Russia :eek:

Top Bottom