• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, look at this! Andreas Johnson won SEL rookie of the year, beating out a fellow Leafs' pick, Tom Nilsson. It's probably meaningless, but maybe not!

Also, very interesting to see that Belov is leaving the league because of Eakins. Leafs might have dodged a bullet there.
Story on this and why we should care?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Belov or the rookie?

For the rookie, seem Sammy's post above. GUARANTEED STAR

THE NEXT JONAS HOGLUND

For Belov: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...t-want-to-stay-with-that-coach-141801758.html
Ah I thought he was in out system. I guess having two of our prospects and one of them winning ROY isn't bad. Despite the grief we give the TO scouts, they're not bad. They don't get the late round superstars like Detroit does, but they are solid overall. Too fucking bad we gave up a bunch of picks...

I also wonder if they were really that high up on Schenn...

So, who do you Leaf fans want to draft 8th? I'm for some high end scoring talent myself.
Ehlers or Virtanen! I'm not sold on McCann but we desperately need centremen in the system.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Watching Kostka and Aulie play in Tampa tonight.....amazing that they were regulars on Leafs top pairings.

Watching Kostka and Aulie play in Tampa tonight.....amazing that they were regulars on Leafs top pairings.

Aulie's always a good pickup in NHL Be a GM mode, fyi.

In real life not so much. He has what seems to be a decent amount of tools to become a second pairing guy but just hasn't put it together.

zroid

Banned
Well this is awkward.

0pxA0uO.png

ZeroGravity

Zero:

Goalie Controversy?

What happens with Callahan? (8m/8yr?)

Does Stamkos have enough compete/leadership/character?
Nah, Bishop is definitely the guy next year. Lindback is gone. Yzerman is likely going to sign Vasilevski after his contract in the KHL is done at the end of this month, so he might very well be the back-up next year. Gudlevskis could probably use some more time as a starter in the AHL.

I still think Yzerman gets Callahan to re-sign. I don't foresee him getting more than 6x6 from any team, and I could probably live with that.

Stamkos is definitely going to be a great captain. He already completely commands the respect of the team, and after everything he's been through this year, I can easily see him having an MVP season next year and becoming the complete player that he was really close to becoming before he got injured. I don't think there's a player in the league who works harder than Stamkos when he sets his mind to achieving something.

I'll probably post more on the team tomorrow. Yzerman really has a lot he needs to do this offseason.

Red_Man

I know I'm insanely biased, but I really think Trouba deserved a nod. It's rare to have such a young defenceman come in and be so proficient.
The fact that he was injured and only played 65 games really hurts him. Same thing that happened to RNH in his rookie year.

Red_Man

Fucale was pulled in his last two playoff games, and now Halifax's back up is starting tonight. Following in Price's footsteps I see.

zroid

Banned
Yeah, it makes sense. I think stellar rookie D deserve some recognition, though. Maybe a second rookie award?

Separate awards for forwards and defencemen would not be a bad idea, imo

I guess that would screw goalies, though, not that rookie goalies usually get many games...

Red_Man

Plus it's rookie of the year, the award with the least amount of significance. They need to introduce things like Offensive D man / Defensive D man awards first.

ZeroGravity

Jonathan Drouin with another FIVE points tonight for Halifax. 13 goals and 37 points in 13 playoff games this year.

His 98 career playoff points is tied for 2nd all time in the Q - along with Mario Lemieux.

Socreges

Banned
Jonathan Drouin with another FIVE points tonight for Halifax. 13 goals and 37 points in 13 playoff games this year.

His 98 career playoff points is tied for 2nd all time in the Q - along with Mario Lemieux.
So jelly

What line do you think they'd have him on next season?

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH

Tampa just needs to shore up their defense, get one more high end player up front and they are set for the future

Stamkos
Drouin
Palat
Hedman
Vasilevski

HNNNNNNNNNNGH, that's a beautiful core.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH

Tampa just needs to shore up their defense, get one more high end player up front and they are set for the future

Stamkos
Drouin
Palat
Hedman
Vasilevski

I'd argue their forwards are pretty good already and can don't need much more. That defense though could use a bit of shoring up...Hedman is good, but they need an elite defensemen who can carry the play and get the puck to Stamkos or deliver the big hit.

ZeroGravity

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH

Stamkos
Drouin
Palat
Hedman
Vasilevski

We desperately need a top 4 RHD to play with Hedman. I expect Yzerman will address that with a trade at some point. We have too much forward depth right now, so Purcell is probably gone, and I expect teams will be asking for Kucherov and/or Killorn.

Top Bottom