• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Cake Boss

Banned
If you want him to be a subpar minor leaguer, sure.

I don't give a fuck if he becomes a mormon or joins Al Queda, as long as hes off the team.

In other news look at this beauty of a player.

BABBYYYY!!!

jbxtm7uwvLZRNA.JPG

His wife is one lucky lady. #wewonttalkaboutit :lol Babby

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
We were only able to lock down Tanev for a 1-year bridge contract? Bummer :/

This year with Garrison gone he really can prove that he's the top4 D he was last year already.

@icethetics
Recently got to see the new #StLBlues home jersey. I'll have details on the blog Monday, after the holiday weekend. #JerseyWatch

‏@icethetics
Huge improvement. HUGE.

@icethetics
I said it's a huge improvement. I just can't get into detail until Monday.

Yessss.

This with a modern note and a little less piping is sublime:

Blues08.png

Can't hear you over our rookie leading the league in HRs.

Abreu's good. No doubt. I like Trout's complete skillset more

Mike Trout of the Los Angeles Angels.

I don't know any Angels fan that calls them that. It's Anaheim Angels to us or California Angels before. Our owner made that move to try to take a little more money. We just tolerate it because he spends money for the team.

Abreu's good. No doubt. I like Trout's complete skillset more

I don't know any Angels fan that calls them that. It's Anaheim Angels to us or California Angels before. Our owner made that move to try to take a little more money. We just tolerate it because he spends money for the team.

He's a rookie and has Konerko mentoring him. It'll come. Except spedd. He is fucking slow.

RC

Banned
You can all go back to not caring about tennis now.

I legitmatly like Tennis. Even took my dad to a Davis cup match last year. (He's a die hard tennis fan)
It's a shame Bouchard didn't win but damn impressive she went as far as she did. And she's only 20, she'll only get better from here.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
TORONTO (July 5, 2014) – 20 players have elected Salary Arbitration:

Arizona Coyotes
Brandon McMillan

Boston Bruins
Matt Bartkowski

Calgary Flames
Joe Colborne

Dallas Stars
Cameron Gaunce
Antoine Roussel

Florida Panthers
Jimmy Hayes

Los Angeles Kings
Dwight King

Minnesota Wild
Justin Fontaine

Montreal Canadiens
Lars Eller
P.K. Subban

Nashville Predators
Mattias Ekholm

New York Islanders
Kevin Poulin

New York Rangers
Derick Brassard
Chris Kreider
Mats Zuccarello

Ottawa Senators
Derek Grant

Pittsburgh Penguins
Nick Spaling

San Jose Sharks
Jason Demers

Toronto Maple Leafs
Cody Franson
James Reimer

The deadline for Club-Elected Salary Arbitration notification is July 6, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. EDT. Hearings will be held in Toronto from July 20 to August 4, 2014.

Cake Boss

Banned
Grant lol you got no future with this team, we too deep at center and u project to be a bottom 6er.

Turret
Zibenejad
Legwand
Smith
Pageau
Lazar
Dzingel

ShaneB

I liked it so much I actually borrowed the graphic novel from the library, lol

might read the book too eventually

Yeah, I held off since I was wondering if I'd get around to reading the book first. Might still read it sometime since it is a short read.

Probably best movie I saw all summer.

DoFP and Winter Soldier are awful close.

Yeah, DoFP was great. Did not catch WS in theatre.

NHL-GAF... how I've missed thee

Now that the excitement from the Stanley Cup has settled down, I can finally start gradually chipping away my fresh NHL green by asking the silly questions I didn't want to bother with during the playoffs.

First up... when does the official season start, and when does preseason start?

Quick

Banned
NHL-GAF... how I've missed thee

Now that the excitement from the Stanley Cup has settled down, I can finally start gradually chipping away my fresh NHL green by asking the silly questions I didn't want to bother with during the playoffs.

First up... when does the official season start, and when does preseason start?

Season usually kicks off on the first week of October, while pre-season starts in September.

Wait what? The preseason is only ~2.5 months away? Oh man, that's flaruxxin great. Flaruxxin great, I tell you!

When do tickets go on sale for regular season games, and I should I try to go to their home opener for my first live hockey experience? I'm not sure how expensive tickets are, or how much they jack prices up for first week hype.

Quick

Banned
Wait what? The preseason is only ~2.5 months away? Oh man, that's flaruxxin great. Flaruxxin great, I tell you!

When do tickets go on sale for regular season games, and I should I try to go to their home opener for my first live hockey experience? I'm not sure how expensive tickets are, or how much they jack prices up for first week hype.

Home openers are cool. Gives you introductions to each player on the team, for starters, and there's just a lot of fanfare for them usually.

Top Bottom