• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

n5BL5BZ.gif

Parch

Fixed. Let me tell ya Iron Mike has been working to control ruskies all season long. Only he can comeback and tame the Ovechicken.
I doubt that.
A while ago Ovechkin said he wanted Oates to remain as coach. Probably because he let him play the way he wanted to. Sure 51 goals, but minus 35 is just brutal. The guy is allergic to back checking and just floats around waiting for the breakout pass. The way Washington goes through coaches, Ovechkin is proving to be uncoachable.

Watch what happens if they get a hardass that starts making Ovechkin accountable. He's making too much dough to walk away from his current contract, but piss him off and it wouldn't surprise me if he bolts to the KHL for his next contract where he can float and score to his heart's content.

I doubt that.
A while ago Ovechkin said he wanted Oates to remain as coach. Probably because he let him play the way he wanted to. Sure 51 goals, but minus 35 is just brutal. The guy is allergic to back checking and just floats around waiting for the breakout pass. The way Washington goes through coaches, Ovechkin is proving to be uncoachable.

Watch what happens if they get a hardass that starts making Ovechkin accountable. He's making too much dough to walk away from his current contract, but piss him off and it wouldn't surprise me if he bolts to the KHL for his next contract where he can float and score to his heart's content.

Please, what was he supposed to say, "No, I do not want Oates back."

And Washington has only fired two coaches in the last seven years.

Hunter was an interim.

We've had a GM for 17 years who never wanted to build a defense and find a legitimate 2C to play behind Backstrom, today is a good day.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Welcome to our CrazedArabBrothers!

I kind of wish you guys had put up more of a fight, but with the injuries and the roll Boston has been on...it's hard to do much against the juggernaut that is Bruins.

On one hand, you got to see some young kids blossom towards the end of the season and it'll be a great learning experience for them. The hidden gems in the Wings organization continue to shine. On the other hand, I wonder about Zetterberg and Datsyuk; they're both phenomenal franchise players, but has injury and aged put their best years behind them?

I know there were some rumblings about Babcock 'doing all there is left to do in Detroit' or some shit, but I don't sense ownership isn't just going to let him go easily. I'm of the mind he'll be back in Detroit, which fucking sucks cause I want him for Toronto...but we're going to get stuck with another year of Craplyle and even more yearS of Crapson...

pringles

Welcome to our CrazedArabBrothers!

I kind of wish you guys had put up more of a fight, but with the injuries and the roll Boston has been on...it's hard to do much against the juggernaut that is Bruins.

On one hand, you got to see some young kids blossom towards the end of the season and it'll be a great learning experience for them. The hidden gems in the Wings organization continue to shine. On the other hand, I wonder about Zetterberg and Datsyuk; they're both phenomenal franchise players, but has injury and aged put their best years behind them?

I know there were some rumblings about Babcock 'doing all there is left to do in Detroit' or some shit, but I don't sense ownership isn't just going to let him go easily. I'm of the mind he'll be back in Detroit, which fucking sucks cause I want him for Toronto...but we're going to get stuck with another year of Craplyle and even more yearS of Crapson...
I can see Babcock being gone after next year. The players seem tired of him and he seems tired of Holland. Jeff Blashill in Grand Rapids is also the perfect replacement and will be chased by a lot of NHL teams soon.

As for Dats and Z their best may be behind them but especially Z should have some really good years remaining. When healthy this was one of his best years.

The big issue for the Wings is the defense. It needs a big overhaul. Gonna be disappointed if Quincey, Kindl and Lashoff return. On forward the only question is if Franzen is bought out and what happens with Weiss/Legwand.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I can see Babcock being gone after next year. The players seem tired of him and he seems tired of Holland. Jeff Blashill in Grand Rapids is also the perfect replacement and will be chased by a lot of NHL teams soon.

As for Dats and Z their best may be behind them but especially Z should have some really good years remaining. When healthy this was one of his best years.

The big issue for the Wings is the defense. It needs a big overhaul. Gonna be disappointed if Quincey, Kindl and Lashoff return. On forward the only question is if Franzen is bought out and what happens with Weiss/Legwand.
Huh they may seem tired but he gets results at least. I also didn't hear rumblings that he may be tired of Holland.

It doesn't surprise me that Det has a weaker defense since I've been telling certain posters all along that you can't hope to replace a franchise defenseman in Lidstrom.

Despite being decent players on other teams, Weiss and Legeand seemed invisible in the series.

You happy with the goalies?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Remember the guy I talked to in Mexico said it first.

Mike Babcock the next coach of the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Truth fact

I thought Babcock did a pretty amazing job guiding a very depleted Red Wings team into the playoffs. Going out in 5 against the odds-on favourite to win the Cup isn't all that bad.

But yes, yes, fire him now so he can bring his ruinous ways to Toronto.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I thought Babcock did a pretty amazing job guiding a very depleted Red Wings team into the playoffs. Going out in 5 against the odds-on favourite to win the Cup isn't all that bad.
This. He's a legitimate Jack Adams candidate this year, I don't see how he gets fired anytime soon unless Detroit comes out of the gate 2-7-1 next season.

Samyy

Your team didn't have enough leadership/grit/toughness/belligerance/tenacity/testosterone to win.

Let me introduce you to 2nd line winger, David Clarkson.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Go... either team. Give a Habs fan a reason to cheer for either teams.

edit: Ok go Ducks, go Koivu!

edit2: Woot

edit3: oops wrong thread

Please, what was he supposed to say, "No, I do not want Oates back."

And Washington has only fired two coaches in the last seven years.

Hunter was an interim.

We've had a GM for 17 years who never wanted to build a defense and find a legitimate 2C to play behind Backstrom, today is a good day.

Firing McPhee and Oates was the best thing that could have happened to the Capitals.
McPhee should have been gone after 2010 when he failed to build a defense to go along with one of the most overpowering offenses the nhl has ever seen.
And Oates was nothing more than a pr hire to impress fans who didnt know any better into buying more tickets.
As for the new coach I am hoping for Laviolette. The defense may still suck under him but at least they wont put me to sleep every time I try to watch a game.
They were a sleeping pill disguised as a hockey team under Oates.

Trade for Jason Spezza.

Schwartz and Kirk pls.

Untouchables: Schwartz, Tarasenko, Pietrangelo, Bouwmeester.

Backes and Steen are close enough. Oshie is frustrating, but he puts the asses in the seats and sells the merch. Sobotka is an ideal bottom 6 forward and great at the faceoff dot, and his value isn't worth trading.

Shattenkirk and Berglund are moveable if we can sign a UFA stopgap until Schmaltz is ready.

Backes and Steen are close enough. Oshie is frustrating, but he puts the asses in the seats and sells the merch. Sobotka is an ideal bottom 6 forward and great at the faceoff dot, and his value isn't worth trading.

Shattenkirk and Berglund are moveable if we can sign a UFA stopgap until Schmaltz is ready.

Zucker + for Shattenkirk plz

FOOTE

This is spot on. I didn't realize until later last night that Berglund is only a RFA.

Top Bottom