• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
The horde mode mp deal looks fun too

Haven't watched many videos on it.

That's a bad thing?

Is open world "bad" now?

Not attacking your opinion, but are open world games now what people dislike?

They're just what I dislike. No matter how many missions there are, you're traversing the same sections over and over, and after about 2-3 hours I get bored.

I just feel like level design gets dumbed down to fit into a cohesive world. It isn't any less impressive or anything, I just find them boring.

Give me a tightly designed level with a beginning, middle and end any day.

I think RDR is the last open world game I found really engaging, although I did spend a lot of time picking up agility orbs in Crackdown 1/2.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Fuuuuuucccckkkkk

I hate when my router just dies.... And my modems built in wireless doesn't have enough throw :(

Quick

Banned
They're just what I dislike. No matter how many missions there are, you're traversing the same sections over and over, and after about 2-3 hours I get bored.

I just feel like level design gets dumbed down to fit into a cohesive world. It isn't any less impressive or anything, I just find them boring.

Give me a tightly designed level with a beginning, middle and end any day.

I think RDR is the last open world game I found really engaging, although I did spend a lot of time picking up agility orbs in Crackdown 1/2.

Ah okay. I thought it was the hot new thing gaming side hates or something like that.

There has to be a lot more effort put in if an open world game hopes to continue to engage people. I found that to be the big issue with Watch Dogs. You have the population and detail, sure, but it feels really hollow outside of that.

RDR was amazing. I might actually replay it after I finish Arkham Origins.

You're gonna' burn yourself out, Quick!

Um, well, nothing stops this, well, you know, train, right.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
My photoshop's open too buddy, You know what that means,

ifYUt.gif

Calamari41

41 > 38
Hey if you guys are just looking for ideas to make stuff, I've never been able to find a gif of that part in The Mighty Ducks where the black kid is all pissed at Cake Eater in the locker room the first time he shows up, and says something like "just because you got the uniform, it don't make you a Duck." That would be useful for a time in the future when a player I don't like gets signed. Or when Clydefrog starts cheering for the Ducks when they win the Cup next year.

Calamari41

41 > 38
After I get left, Smiley can move in and we can get smashed on Franziskaner every day. Want to live on the beach, buddy? No minorities here.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
After I get left, Smiley can move in and we can get smashed on Franziskaner every day. Want to live on the beach, buddy? No minorities here.

All going according to plan.

HarshDistortedBluet.gif

If I get perma'd, I'd like to thank everyone for supporting my racism

Top Bottom