• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

I used to read and mildly participate in that thread until I got bitched out for discussing the book. In the book thread.

I'm not surprised. I feel like a majority of people in there don't even like them and they've read them all. Typical conversation is like:

"I'm upset they changed X"
"So what? X was stupid anyway!"

Calamari41

41 > 38
I'm not surprised. I feel like a majority of people in there don't even like them and they've read them all. Typical conversation is like:

"I'm upset they changed X"
"So what? X was stupid anyway!"

Exactly. It got to the point by the time I left where the default argument was basically that something's inclusion in the book was proof that it is bad. Either that or the rebuttal was "Yeah but D&D didn't think it was important." Oh, OK.

Stasis

i don't know how you guys read the OT

i mean come on

I wander around in there mostly in the off-season when draft and free agency are over, like now.

There are some good threads. Just avoid everything with a title that starts with "Should I" or similar and refers to some facet of personal life, religion, etc.

I'm supposed to go sell my ps3 to some girl (I posted a kijiji ad) who texted me a ton last night and is overly friendly so I'm wondering if this is a trap and I'm gonna get jumped. She even said at one point that she didn't want me to think it was a scam, which of course made me think it was even more, lol. Hmmmm.

I'm supposed to go sell my ps3 to some girl (I posted a kijiji ad) who texted me a ton last night and is overly friendly so I'm wondering if this is a trap and I'm gonna get jumped. She even said at one point that she didn't want me to think it was a scam, which of course made me think it was even more, lol. Hmmmm.

Unless you are bringing the 4th Mountain Division with you, bail out

Samyy

I wander around in there mostly in the off-season when draft and free agency are over, like now.

There are some good threads. Just avoid everything with a title that starts with "Should I" or similar and refers to some facet of personal life, religion, etc.

Tell her to meet you in a Starbucks or something, what can they do, just snatch it and run?
Show up beforehand, keep it positioned hard to access until you get the cash.
Also you could take a friend with you.

I guess they could be paying you in counterfeits but....seems unlikely given the consequences.

@andystrickland · 4m
Armstrong on Sobotka....says he offered contracts ranging from 1-5 years. 3yr deal offered north of $3 million per #stlblues

This is a very fair, if not overly so, value for Sobotka to turn down.

If he's leaving, he's chasing big money that only the NHL -> KHL route will provide.

@andystrickland · 23s
Early indications several weeks ago was that Sobotka was being offered in the neighborhood of $4 mill to play in #KHL (equiv to 6+ in NHL)

Yeah as much as I like the guy, that's crazy money.

Just wish we hadn't signed Ott to sour things further.

Holiday

Banned
Why in the world would they sign Ott? Why for two years? What does he possibly add to the team?

Lose Sobotka, gain Ott, back to being aggro about hockey.

Razorskin

----- ------
wzw1Rga.jpg

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
OT has totally jumped the shark this summer. A sample of outrage/ridiculous threads on the front page right now:

Police shoots "vicious lunging pit bull", turns out to be a Labrador retriever

Do you rock socks with sandals?

Would you date a girl who had genital herpes?

Texas Cheerleader is an unrepetant (sic) killer of large game including Lions and Rhino

Would you date an under-age (i.e. under 18) person?

At some point to we begin to wonder what outsiders' perception of the community is when threads like these (and similar/worse depressing news stories and manufactured outrage) are regularly near the top of the front page and garnering large post counts?

Calamari41

41 > 38
OT has totally jumped the shark this summer. A sample of outrage/ridiculous threads on the front page right now:

Texas Cheerleader is an unrepetant (sic) killer of large game including Lions and Rhino

At some point to we begin to wonder what outsiders' perception of the community is when threads like these (and similar/worse depressing news stories and manufactured outrage) are regularly near the top of the front page and garnering large post counts?

Would you date a GIRL who had genital herpes? A GIRL??? Why are you imposing your gender binaries on me??? RAPE!

Giggzy

Nerds are creepy, news at 11.

I drifted into some anime thread the other day, and some bloke was going on about how he watches hentai of the characters from his favorite shows as it brings him closer on a personal level to said character. He wasn't the only one either... Wtf?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
He is worse than Connolly.
Forgot about him, I wonder what injury he's dealing with right now.

I drifted into some anime thread the other day, and some bloke was going on about how he watches hentai of the characters from his favorite shows as it brings him closer on a personal level to said character. He wasn't the only one either... Wtf?
I'm not sure if it's a result of me being on here for a few years now, or just Gaf getting more popular, but this kind of shit seems to be becoming more and more prevalent.

What's worse than the titles are the replies

But don't worry, we will always (hopefully) have our bubble.

6WWzT67.jpg

How are you supposed to carry out a fully fledged relationship without sexual stimulation, Giggzy? Sex is an important aspect of any relationship. Unless you're saying a guy and his 2D woman of choice aren't really together...which just strikes me as regressive and probably is a stance that would be frowned upon by 3021. You should really try opening up your mind or your great grand children will be talking about their lineage of bigotry. If you can even have children in a respectable society.

Holiday

Banned
This is the Blues we're talking about. Things were going way too good to be normal for this team.

I know. It just makes no sense at all. I'm not upset about Sobotka leaving, but rather that they chose to replace him with Ott. I can't think of a single good reason for doing it.

TUSR

Banned

dear lord, im going to change my avatar when i get home

Giggzy

How are you supposed to carry out a fully fledged relationship without sexual stimulation, Giggzy? Sex is an important aspect of any relationship. Unless you're saying a guy and his 2D woman of choice aren't really together...which just strikes me as regressive and probably is a stance that would be frowned upon by 3021. You should really try opening up your mind or your great grand children will be talking about their lineage of bigotry. If you can even have children in a respectable society.

You're so right. Damn, why do I need to be such a right wing, closed-minded conservative.

dear lord, im going to change my avatar when i get home

LOL

Dastardly, if you come to Yosemite I will break my "no outdoor camping under any circumstances" rule.

It's so weird to me that Yosemite is a destination for tourism. I've never gotten use to it. Just like Southeast Fresno County being a destination for Japanese people because of the blossom trail.

Top Bottom