• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

r u 4 real

Please tell me you're kidding.

Or is there just no Sushi in all of Minnesota?

Fresh seafood is GOAT. Nothing in the world like lobster 3hrs removed from the ocean floor, or same day tuna sashimi off the back of a fishing boat.

Fresh seafood is a completely different experience than frozen and shipped.

Well I mean currently I'm living in North Dakota for school but seafood just isn't liked here. Never lived in a big city in Minnesota so I don't know if Minnesotans like it much. My hometown certainly never had a seafood restaurant.

Mi madre never liked seafood and wouldn't allow it in the house so I didn't have any non-fishsticks fish until I was 18. Fish frys are hella amazing. Especially some solid trout and walleyes fresh off the lake and straight to the cooker.

Had Sushi my first year in college. Korean guy from across the hall had me try a bunch of stuff. I liked probably 1/10th of the things I tried but have no idea what it was or what to call it.

EDIT: Marvie is Minnesota secretly full of beautiful white women? I've never met an ugly chick from Minnesota. They're fair skinning with nice brown hair and amazing eye color.

Chyeah.

And Northern Minnesota is full of beautiful tall blonde Viking women that are so much more fun than typical yuppie women from the southern portion of the state.

Only downfall is not a ton of diversity outside of the Twin Cities. Latinas are represented pretty well but few Asians and black girls.

Any expectation on what the contract will be money wise? Term I imagine will be shorter, taking him to UFA, but would that be wrong?

http://milehighsticking.com/2014/07/09/ryan-oreilly-arbitration-date-set/
O’Reilly made $6.5 million last season, but only had a cap hit of $5 million. As a restricted free agent, the Avs had to make an offer of at least $6.5 million to retain his rights, but instead decided to take O’Reilly club elected salary arbitration in order to get that number down. An arbitrator will rule how much O’Reilly will be owed next season, but the number won’t be any lower than $5.5 million.
From statements made by both sides it seems like he may want over 6.5, but that's just what I've come to assume. If we weren't even willing to send a QO at 6.5 the likelihood of a deal being done before arbitration is pretty low. Sakic said he wants long term and that's the main focus of management right now and likely why Barrie hasn't been signed just yet.

zroid

Banned
just caught the first episode of this new sci-fi series "Extant" on CBS. pretty neat so far. starring Halle Berry, lol.

premise is
she's an astronaut who just returned home from a 13 month solo mission. upon taking a medical examination, something inexplicable is discovered. the series also seems to be tackling the topic of AI in a significant way.

Giggzy

Wherever you may be, Pickles. Here you go. Sorry for the spam to everyone else, so fuck you <3

bDUyUEW.jpg
Was high as fuck during this pic, and was amazed that it looked like a pair of lips.
Camp #1
Waterfall drop-off right at the end.
Yosemite Point
Bobcat taking a piss
Bobcat DGAF
Camp #2
Descending back into the valley

zroid

Banned
I don't like seafood in general, never been to Red Lobster. Like sushi though. I think it depends in how seafood is prepared. I hate oysters but had a meal at a wedding made by a fancy chef and it was awesome.

I don't like raw oysters and I know that's how they're "supposed" to be eaten. But when I was in New Orleans a few years ago, went to this place that serves them grilled. Absolutely amazing. I don't know why more restaurants haven't tried that.

I'm salivating now, argh!

Calamari41

41 > 38
What's wrong with camping? Camping is awesome.

I had to go camping while pledging my fraternity. It wasn't too bad until I woke up in the middle of the night just in time for the gigantic spider to begin crawling inside my open mouth.

I will watch you camp while partaking in the Sunday brunch.

ahwahnee_dining.jpg

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I had to go camping while pledging my fraternity. It wasn't too bad until I woke up in the middle of the night just in time for the gigantic spider to begin crawling inside my open mouth.

I will watch you camp while partaking in the Sunday brunch.

ahwahnee_dining.jpg

See your problem was joining a fraternity in the first place.

The last time I went camping was over 15 years ago. My brother and I took the N64 and a really small TV and would plug it into the light socket of an unused cabin during the day. Played so much Goldeneye. Such a weird memory.

Top Bottom