• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Perhaps we need an update now that we have some new people.

jbwvPwFXF4Izkr.jpg

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
3 on 3 has potential to be gloriously chaotic.

Do you roll 3 forwards? One forward/ two Dmen? Two forwards/ 1 D? 3 defensemen for ultimate mind fuck?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
No one posted the Dubinsky extension?

LeBrun said:
Dubinsky deal's in Columbus: $5.85 M AAV per year and includes no-move, no-trade clauses
Barely more than Bolland's contract :lol

3 on 3 has potential to be gloriously chaotic.

Do you roll 3 forwards? One forward/ two Dmen? Two forwards/ 1 D? 3 defensemen for ultimate mind fuck?
Roy to pull the goalie for 4 on 3 advantage every time.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Changes to the AHL next season.

That 3-on-3 is moron Holland's idea and has the potential for disaster. Most teams will put two defensemen and one forward out and it will be incredibly boring.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Does hockey really need even more gimmicks? What is this even in response to? Is there some market research showing that people aren't tuning in because the game doesn't have enough middle school level seat-of-your-pants rule changes mid-game?

Does hockey really need even more gimmicks? What is this even in response to? Is there some market research showing that people aren't tuning in because the game doesn't have enough middle school level seat-of-your-pants rule changes mid-game?

Well at least for OT there are people complaining about the shootout.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Point of 3 on 3 is to deter teams from playing it safe during OT and just trying to push for shootouts which is a shitty way to decide a game. 3 on 3 would end most games in OT and you can't really sit back with 3 on 3.

That 3-on-3 is moron Holland's idea and has the potential for disaster. Most teams will put two defensemen and one forward out and it will be incredibly boring.

I'm going to disagree with you there, remember that 3 on 3 during the home winning streak against the Ducks? Yeah, that was awesome and was edge of your seat hockey. Holland still sucks, but I love the idea of 3 on 3.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Roy to pull the goalie for 4 on 3 advantage every time.
Not sure why I laughed at this but I did.

It's easier for teams to be defensive and it requires less skill for a player to defend a player with a higher offensive skill ceiling. That mixed in with the systems today and the goalies and their coaches who have this down to a science are making it harder to score.

I'm of the opinion that we should reduce equipment size, but the players are bigger now too. And it does help when you have dirty fucks that run goalies...

Nobody seems to want bigger nets...

3 on 3 is much better but I also am not a fan of the shit out.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
If I had 40 million dollars, I still don't think I'd be able to afford one year of season tickets for the Leafs.

doesn't matter, you'd be such a horrible, despicable, selfish piece of shit person for taking that 40 million that they wouldn't allow you in the building anyway.

Gaf OT: Not Even Once

doesn't matter, you'd be such a horrible, despicable, selfish piece of shit person for taking that 40 million that they wouldn't allow you in the building anyway.

Gaf OT: Not Even Once

I don't mind if people chose the other option because hey, whatever its your life.

But then when the preaching started and telling me that I was worse than Hitler, man I did some hard eyerolls.

Parch

3 on 3 isn't more gimmicks, it's less. That's assuming they get rid of the shootout. The whole point of the changes is to stop deciding games with the stupid shootout.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I don't mind if people chose the other option because hey, whatever its your life.

But then when the preaching started and telling me that I was worse than Hitler, man I did some hard eyerolls.

Why even ask the question if you're going to go HAM on anybody who chooses "wrong?"

3 on 3 isn't more gimmicks, it's less. That's assuming they get rid of the shootout. The whole point of the changes is to stop deciding games with the stupid shootout.

Yeah, I was assuming they were keeping the shootout since getting rid of it was never mentioned. Would be a good move in that case.

Top Bottom