• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Toronto won't have any money left when they give Tavares the richest contract in NHL History, a key to the city, half ownership of the team, and finished copies of the last two Game of Thrones books in 2018.

As if the books will be finished by then. That's just the least realistic thing on this list.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
I believe

We'll have one of them by then.

But only JT91 gets the final one. The rest of the world won't get it until the Leafs win the cup.
by 2018 the Isles will have 2 more Cups, so we cool.

So use your imagination for the ending, folks. Like the total # of licks to the center of a tootsie pop, the world will never know....

Quick

Banned
My Logitech mouse seems to be crapping out on me. I've only had it for two years.

Is this normal at all. Because this would be the second set of Logitech keyboard/mouse combos I've had to buy in that span.

I might be looking to get a new mouse and keyboard. Recommendations?

Edit: Not looking for anything specifically for gaming. The most I play are Telltale games or something.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
It would be pretty amazing if Stamkos pulled a LeBron and left for Toronto when he's a UFA

Timing is in his favor to become one of the greatest figures in hockey history

His contract ends before the leafs/NHL centennial year. Leafs are getting more and more talented and their window maybe opening soon if rielly, Gardiner, kadri and nylander become consistent threats...leafs 50th anniversary of their last cup is also their centennial year.

With the leafs likely getting the all-star game, the heritage/winter classic, the draft... It could be a perfect storm if he puts the leafs over the top.

Win a cup in Tampa and within 5 years the people forget the franchise exists or win a cup with the leafs and be wheeled our as an 80 year old every time leafs have a ceremony ala bower

He would become a god.

I still think there's a chance because he bargained to get his contract done after RFA years (you don't typically do that if you intend to stay) but we will see. He just strikes me as someone who really really wants to play for the leafs. Other guys like Tavares? Nah I think he's gonna be an islander for life.... Or turn into a cup chaser.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

His contract ends before the leafs/NHL centennial year. Leafs are getting more and more talented and their window maybe opening soon if rielly, Gardiner, kadri and nylander become consistent threats...

sezPySr.gif

Dopey has gone full Tabris. You never go full Tabris.

yyzjohn

Banned

His contract ends before the leafs/NHL centennial year. Leafs are getting more and more talented and their window maybe opening soon if rielly, Gardiner, kadri and nylander become consistent threats...leafs 50th anniversary of their last cup is also their centennial year.

With the leafs likely getting the all-star game, the heritage/winter classic, the draft... It could be a perfect storm if he puts the leafs over the top.

Win a cup in Tampa and within 5 years the people forget the franchise exists or win a cup with the leafs and be wheeled our as an 80 year old every time leafs have a ceremony ala bower

He would become a god.

I still think there's a chance because he bargained to get his contract done after RFA years (you don't typically do that if you intend to stay) but we will see. He just strikes me as someone who really really wants to play for the leafs. Other guys like Tavares? Nah I think he's gonna be an islander for life.... Or turn into a cup chaser.

Shut up man.

DopeyFish

The only position the Leafs would be better than the Lightning in would be at center and that's because of Stamkos. Tampa's depth at every position is greater than the Leafs.

And I thought my post was a little too extreme on satire...

You win, good sir. You win.

Samyy

The only position the Leafs would be better than the Lightning in would be at center and that's because of Stamkos. Tampa's depth at every position is greater than the Leafs.

Who on the Lightning, besides Stamkos, is better then Kessel or JVR.

awesome post

It's funny because it's true... :(

Edit:

HAHAHAHAHAHA, Actual quote from our glorious GM:

"The biggest thing is health," Holland said. "If we can get to training camp (Sept. 19) and get Pav, Z, (Darren) Helm, Weiss on the ice we're optimistic we got the potential to be a decent hockey club."

IF we are healthy by training camp, we'll have the POTENTIAL to be a DECENT hockey club. So glad they are shooting for being a decent team, and it isn't guaranteed even if we are healthy, just that we have potential to be. That's all we ever want was to be decent and sit on the playoff bubble every year spinning in circles and going nowhere. Poor D and Z.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
My brother is floating the idea that Cleary has major gambling debts and Holland is helping him out before retirement.

It's the only logical explanation for this insanity.

DopeyFish

Dopey is the original fucking Tabris only we know he actually believes his delusions.

Heh

I tend to be right far more than wrong

For example... Let's revisit my old claim about kadri is going to develop like Mike Richards that everyone shit on me for!

Richards Gp 177 G 40 A 70 P 110
Kadri Gp 177 G 46 A 67 P 113

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Top Bottom