• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Curufinwe

Devils give Jagr $5-6 million to stay in NJ.

Renaud Lavoie ‏@renlavoietva 1m

One year deal for Jaromir Jagr with the Devils. Value is between 5 and 6 million dollars depending on bonuses. #tvasports

Quick

Banned
That would be awesome. Shanahan walks down the street swearing at reporters and hitting people with a cane.

Let me clean up that avatar.

iCNByU5wVnFZ1.png

He says this but then goes on to say that he's going to talk with Miller to see where he stands. I agree though, I don't think Army really expects Miller back.

I saw that after, but I think he may just be going through the motions. I can't fathom Miller wanting to spend his last few years playing second fiddle for 30-40 games a year tops.

TrueGrime

Just coming in here to see if there's a seat waiting for us. If we play tomorrow like we played tonight, we're going to need that seat.

Cactus

Banned
DAMNIT FIRE RANDY ALREADY FUCK

As much as I like the Sharks, I'm (selfishly) hoping that they get bounced tonight and McLellan becomes available.

Curufinwe

It took the Flyers brass all the way till early October to realize Laviolette had to go. That was a really frustrating six month period.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
If it takes him this long to realize Carlyle has to go, I'm worried.
I guess it depends on where he is in his checks. Or maybe he has a coach in mine but it's an assistant of one of the teams in the playoffs. So maybe he just wants to fire and hire instead of leaving the spot vacant.

yyzjohn

Banned
I guess it depends on where he is in his checks. Or maybe he has a coach in mine but it's an assistant of one of the teams in the playoffs. So maybe he just wants to fire and hire instead of leaving the spot vacant.

You can fire a guy and say you'll search for new coaching candidates once the season is over. Not like they need the coach to be involved with the upcoming draft.

Samyy

A lot of people have been saying that if your going to fire someone do it quickly so they can move on and find other opportunities, and I don't think the Leafs brass is going to keep Randy hanging. Maybe they are keeping him :(

Cactus

Banned
A lot of people have been saying that if your going to fire someone do it quickly so they can move on and find other opportunities, and I don't think the Leafs brass is going to keep Randy hanging. Maybe they are keeping him :(

I'm hoping that Dreger has been a mouthpiece for Nonis for the last couple of weeks and the "Leafs won't fire a proven winner like Carlyle until a replacement is readily available" stuff that he's been spouting on Twitter is actually true.

Quick

Banned
I'm hoping that Dreger has been a mouthpiece for Nonis for the last couple of weeks and the "Leafs won't fire a proven winner like Carlyle until a replacement is readily available" stuff that he's been spouting on Twitter is actually true.

Seems like a waste of time to keep him around if they're set on firing him anyway. Might as well rip the bandaid off.

Merguson

Banned
Craig Custance @CraigCustance
Good chat w/Ron Wilson, who is ready to return behind a bench: "I'm refreshed, hungry & willing to come back now. We'll see what happens."

Ron Wilson is ready to be the new coach of the Panthers/Predators/Capitals.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
You can fire a guy and say you'll search for new coaching candidates once the season is over. Not like they need the coach to be involved with the upcoming draft.
Eh maybe they can't get the guy they want. I can see them waiting and trying and if they can't then we keep (barfs) Craplyle.

I don't want change just for the sake of it. If Shanaplans takes his time to find the right one, I'm all for it.

I don't give a fuck what happens to Carlyle. If we fire him before training day, no tears.

yyzjohn

Banned
Eh maybe they can't get the guy they want. I can see them waiting and trying and if they can't then we keep (barfs) Craplyle.

I don't want change just for the sake of it. If Shanaplans takes his time to find the right one, I'm all for it.

I don't give a fuck what happens to Carlyle. If we fire him before training day, no tears.

That's a shit attitude. You may not be able to get the "guy you want" but keeping the wrong fucking guy in Carlyle makes no sense. If you can't get your ideal guy, go after a coach that will have some sort of possession system as opposed to Carlyle and his "it doesn't matter that we're outshot 50-18, the actual quality chances were 4-3"

Top Bottom