• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

gaming_noob

Van Riemsdyk Stamkos Kessel !!!

Toronto's future 4th line might be pretty good: Devane/Broll - Carrick - Biggs
Need the 4th line to play more than 5 min a game...

TrueGrime

So it's gonna be like

yLBE4l3.gif

Holy fuck. Please tell me that's Hayden Panettiere... the thirst...

yyzjohn

Banned
Can't believe we're talking about Stamkos becoming a Leaf 2 years before it could even happen. This is a new low for journalism. OK it's Eklund's site but still.

Can't believe we're talking about Stamkos becoming a Leaf 2 years before it could even happen. This is a new low for journalism. OK it's Eklund's site but still.

Parise had that type of discussion around him and the Wild pretty far away from him actually joining.

Actually, Vanek did as well.

Wild did the LeBron before it was cool

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Van Riemsdyk Stamkos Kessel !!!

Toronto's future 4th line might be pretty good: Devane/Broll - Carrick - Biggs
Need the 4th line to play more than 5 min a game...
I'm not sure that line would work. Stamkos is more of a scorer, we'd need more or a playmaker like a Thornton in his prime.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Man this article sheds some light on the whole Cleary thing. It's not all Holland...

http://detroitsportsrag.net/the-return-of-dan-cleary-and-the-dysfunctional-red-wings/

Also, this NHL GM trade tacker is amazing. Holland hasn't made a big trade since Robert Lang in 2004... 10 fucking years ago.

http://www.nhltradetracker.com/user/trade_list_by_GM/Ken_Holland/138

I've been trying to tell the homers this for years. Since the cap came in, Holland has done jack squat. He has no idea what the equivalent return should be for a trade. He can't bring in top free agents. He gives out awful contracts. The guy is playing with monopoly money in a real-money world. He's terrible and honestly the most overrated GM I've ever seen in sports.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I've been trying to tell the homers this for years. Since the cap came in, Holland has done jack squat. He has no idea what the equivalent return should be for a trade. He can't bring in top free agents. He gives out awful contracts. The guy is playing with monopoly money in a real-money world. He's terrible and honestly the most overrated GM I've ever seen in sports.
He may be awful or heat be letting the draft picks from within the organization come in when they're ready to contribute.

When you get to wheeling and dealing, you can get a Clarkson or a Raycroft

RC

Banned
I missed so much EVO hype this weeked. All the new tech, the salt, curley mustaches. Damn this woman, she'll make me miss finals this Sunday too.

Quick

Banned
I missed so much EVO hype this weeked. All the new tech, the salt, curley mustaches. Damn this woman, she'll make me miss finals this Sunday too.

I wish I had a woman to hold my hand and tell me to stop photoshopping Phil Kessel's face on everything.

Looks like Weiss is finally healthy and ready to go to start training camp!!!

Off-season redeemed!!!!!

Just shoot me already if this is seriously the best news we get this summer,

Top Bottom