• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

how ya'll feel about the devils moves? we have the most fragile old team now. cory better be amazing. and ol man brodeur better be gone. i think we will be a fringe playoff team. kovy will be back next year so that's a good thing.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
jv3rqsbkMxJ1s_e.jpg

I can't say enough good things about this image.

TUSR

Banned
I was done in Oliver a few weeks ago doing wine touring with the wife. Love it down there. Floated down the Canal in Penticton, which was fun and saw the fireworks for Canada Day in Osoyoos.

nice, I was in the Canal for most of yesterday. burnt to shit

The Buffalo Sabres today announced that the team has signed forward Zac Dalpe to a one-year contract.

Dalpe (6’1”, 195 lbs., 11/1/89) played a career-high 55 NHL games as a member of the Vancouver Canucks during the 2013-14 season, recording seven points (4+3). A former second-round draft pick (45th overall in 2008), Dalpe has appeared in a total of 96 NHL games in his one year with the Canucks and three previous seasons with the Carolina Hurricanes.

Who?

OT is such a joke.

Interesting threads get ruined by clueless posters all the time. Here let's talk about suspenseful moments in films - oh you're going to post a bunch of random pictures from movies without posting any titles, context, or the reason it's suspenseful? Without any repercussions? Alright cool.

Almost as bad as Leafs fans posting about how they're gonna get Stammer in a few years.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Side of leg + ribs right to the duder's head in a split second boom-boom double hit.

Then the Argentian falls to the ground, gets up and starts calling for a penalty, and then lays back down on the grass.

lol

I think he just got up out of anger because the penalty was called against him, then realized he should probably lie down because he was in some pain. Didn't look like he was faking it, and there really was quite the impact.

There's a lot of diving and faking in soccer, but I don't think that was one of those moments :lol

Socreges

Banned
Watching the WC final at a sports bar in Roseburg, Oregon and no one fucking cares about the game. It's actually kind of amazing. Huge projection TV with the game on and we're basically the only ones watching.

Smiley90

Watching the WC final at a sports bar in Roseburg, Oregon and no one fucking cares about the game. It's actually kind of amazing. Huge projection TV with the game on and we're basically the only ones watching.

Pubs in Vancouver are actually quite packed. Have been the entire WC.

Acid08

Banned
I'm watching at a hotel bar in San Jose and there are tons of people watching and yelling and stuff. It's fun.

I think he just got up out of anger because the penalty was called against him, then realized he should probably lie down because he was in some pain. Didn't look like he was faking it, and there really was quite the impact.

There's a lot of diving and faking in soccer, but I don't think that was one of those moments :lol
Yeah that looked like it hurt. They went full speed into each other

Yeah it looked like quite the impact. But I thought it was hilarious that he got up, walked around yelling at the ref, and then laid back down and was motionless until a doctor came over.

Seemed quite silly to me.

That's because those cities are cool. Rural America don't give a shit.

Drove by B-Dubs and a few other bars on the way to the movie theater. About to watch Apes. All sports bars were packed and unless they're all watching ESPN's Crossfit Games (lol), they're watching the Deutsch play.

Socreges

Banned
FUBAR, if you're not on the ground, they keep the play going. And he definitely needed a minute or two. In hockey you can have a player replace you. Not in soccer unless you use one of 3 subs.

Pubs in Vancouver are actually quite packed. Have been the entire WC.

I'm watching at a hotel bar in San Jose and there are tons of people watching and yelling and stuff. It's fun.
That's because those cities are cool. Rural America don't give a shit.

Yeah, I feel the World Cup exploded in popularity this year, but part of it might be the environment I'm in compared to last years WC (in terms of my personal experience/perception of its popularity)

Socreges

Banned
Yeah, I feel the World Cup exploded in popularity this year, but part of it might be the environment I'm in compared to last years WC (in terms of my personal experience/perception of its popularity)
The timezone helps a lot, which the media hasn't really acknowledged. Previous World Cups were on at weird hours (France, Japan/Korea, Germany and South Africa). And the weird hours will return for Russia and Qatar.

FUBAR, if you're not on the ground, they keep the play going. And he definitely needed a minute or two. In hockey you can have a player replace you. Not in soccer unless you use one of 3 subs. .

Ah I knew about limited number of subs but thought injuries didn't count for that.

So what happens if, say, four players get hurt in the same game?

Smiley90

Ah I knew about limited number of subs but thought injuries didn't count for that.

So what happens if, say, four players get hurt in the same game?

Then they're all out of luck and have to play with one player less.

This gets especially bad if the 4th player to get injured is the goalkeeper, because they can't sub in their extra goalkeeper and a player has to become the new goalkeepers. It's happened a few times, with very mixed results. (some players are actually semi-decent at goalkeeping, most are not)

Quick

Banned

Three things:

If Lou's plan was to get him to retire to minimize his cap hit (in relation to his salary), then come back in a few years, then that seems like a dumb plan. The NHL would probably throw in another punishment (probably taking away more draft picks) and keep Kovalchuk away from the Devils.

I wonder if he'd actually get all 30 teams to vote him back in.

He's definitely not going to sit out a whole year, when he can just stay in Russia and get paid more than he would in the NHL.

OT is such a joke.

Interesting threads get ruined by clueless posters all the time. Here let's talk about suspenseful moments in films - oh you're going to post a bunch of random pictures from movies without posting any titles, context, or the reason it's suspenseful? Without any repercussions? Alright cool.

I fucking hate it when people do that. I can always reverse image search, but why do I have to do all the work to begin with.

OT's been a cesspool of terrible lately. Not to say it's never been terrible, but it's been noticeably bad recently. Women not shaving, white people and racism, that eBay scam thread, and a bunch of others.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
It's just as bad as using spoiler tags incorrectly.

"My favourite movie twist was when I found out
Bruce Willis was dead in Sixth Sense!!
"

How the fuck am I supposed to know what's behind the spoiler without highlighting the entire thing.

RC

Banned
The timing of extra time works out pretty well for me. Since it's the Smash finals at EVO and I don't give a flying fuck about Smash. (Has no place at EVO anyway)

I fucking love Bloody Marys. This one is total shit though, just the premade mix and booze in a glass.

Bloody Mary's suck. Ceaser's on the other hand are awesome.

Socreges

Banned
What a threaded pass, what a touch, what a finish

Really want Argentina to win, but I'm OK with Germany winning the WC on that goal

Top Bottom