• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hey Sharks fire Larry Robinson so we can have him please.
Apparently he wanted to work for the Habs but they didn't want him, so then he went to the Sharks. No fucking clue why we would reject him, I'd love to see him work with Subban.

My twitter feeds been blowing up as if SJ is going to just blow everything up and everyone is going to be available for trades.

It's like picking meat off a bone or something.

But hearing from some other Sharks-age guys.. doubting they will totally do that.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Tortorella will be the 33rd coach fired in the last 3 years. Pretty ridiculous.

But hearing from some other Sharks-age guys.. doubting they will totally do that.
Friedman said the other day there could be some pretty big changes if they blew this series, something has to change. They've out choked themselves with this series.

Tortorella will be the 33rd coach fired in the last 3 years. Pretty ridiculous.

Friedman said the other day there could be some pretty big changes if they blew this series, something has to change. They've out choked themselves with this series.

Feels like it will be more management changes maybe and a few players but not as big as others are predicting.

And this is why we didn't let O'Reilly slip away for fucking Monahan. http://www.tout.com/m/o9c53g?ref=tw3jqf15

Need that kinda hunger. I just hope he focuses it on the right things.
Let's get the show on the road with Stastny now.

You could almost read between the lines with Armstrong's Q & A regarding Free Agency. If Stastny resigns and Legwand is the best UFA at Center, we have to look at a high profile trade partner.
Trade is the only way Stastny leaves this team. If the price is right I don't suspect he'll be here for long, though if he is going to take a discount he's probably going to want a NTC which could make things weird.

Chris R

Team has GREAT potential though. Just need to work on a few things, because the Wild made us look really bad for most of the series :|

Acid08

Banned
i-QKdV46d-L.jpg

Sad Hertl and Nemo :(

AcridMeat

Banned
I dunno, some sharks joke that I don't have the will to make right now. Salting up the yoff thread is much more fun.
Listen buddy, leave the Sharks jokes to Acid and I.
I'll ask for the days of from work. Gotta get on hotels soon too prolly.
Yeah yeah! Pre-registration is open too, which just means we can get tickets now. Let me know when you put in the word and we'll book some shiiiit.

You're okay.
Senpai noticed me!
Avs forward Ryan O'Reilly was equally devastated. "Home ice is great, a good thing to have. But who cares? You don't win a Cup. That's the only thing that matters. We had moments where we played like a Cup team but other times when we didn't look like we belonged at all."
I appreciate self awareness. Gotta say I am worried about the kid, it was the first rodeo for many players on this team. Can't expect greatness to fall from the sky.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Torts out?

Torts out.

Only one season. Yikes. True though, he isn't the sort of guy you want in charge of a rebuild.
But he was the chosen one! Good for "one last push"! D:

1 season out of a 5 year contract. Seems pretty much all Canadian teams have been going into the shitter.
Toronto - Nonis, Carlyle, Clarkson
Edmonton - everything
Calgary - not too bad, but high school kid, Feaster
Ottawa - cheap owner, Alfie, Spezza
Winnipeg - seemingly no direction. It's like their wheels are spinning but not going anywhere. Poor goaltending.
Vancouver - Gillis, Torts, goaltending and poor trades.

Of all the franchises it seems like Montreal is the only one who has it together and only a few years ago they finished bottom 5

So now that I have had a nice break from NHL hockey, I am extremely terrified what is going to happen to this team in the offseason as both D and Z aren't happy about failing in the first 2 rounds the last few years. We also have a GM who can't make a good trade to save his life and a log jam of prospects at defense and forward.

So now that I have had a nice break from NHL hockey, I am extremely terrified what is going to happen to this team in the offseason as both D and Z aren't happy about failing in the first 2 rounds the last few years. We also have a GM who can't make a good trade to save his life and a log jam of prospects at defense and forward.

Not being snarky but weren't you just saying that everything was fine and the future was bright? Hard to believe a first round exit would change that considering the manner that you guys got in the post season to begin with. Expectations couldn't have been that high?

Not being snarky but weren't you just saying that everything was fine and the future was bright? Hard to believe a first round exit would change that considering the manner that you guys got in the post season to begin with. Expectations couldn't have been that high?

Just reading some of the interviews they mentioned how the future looks good with our young guys, but we need some other vets who can shoulder the weight away from both D and Z, and right now we don't really have any of those. So the future is bright, it's that the with D and Z not getting any younger, they want more support now instead of waiting until they are 40.

Plus after the Legwand trade you never know what Holland is going to do, probably trade away all of our prospects for some aging vet who doesn't fit with the team.

Edit: Z sums it up pretty well here:

“We’ve been saying it now for three years — it looks good for the future, it looks good for the future, it looks good for the future,” Zetterberg said after the Wings’ 4-2 loss in Boston. “Obviously we have good young guys in our system that really showed they can play. But we’ve seen that before, too. We kept the playoff streak going, but it’s getting tiring to not go deeper.”

Same with Datsyuk in regards to whether the Wings can still be contenders the next few years:

“It’s hard to say, because you can say yes or no, but if you’re out first round, second round, it’s hard to say yes,” he said. “We have good potential with lots of young guys, but we need more experience too. It can’t be lots of young guys or lots of veterans. Nobody knows the magical formula.”

Solo

Fuck you, Sharks. Fuck your whole choking franchise. You fucked my pool :(

Kings to win Cup again am confirmed.

Zetterberg seems more likely to leave just based off those interviews, but I think if he goes Datsyuk goes too. Which would be really weird. Obviously plenty of teams would love to have them, I just can't think of any right off the top of my head that either of them make sense with. Plus we finally just got them out of the west. Stay away pls.

Zetterberg seems more likely to leave just based off those interviews, but I think if he goes Datsyuk goes too. Which would be really weird. Obviously plenty of teams would love to have them, I just can't think of any right off the top of my head that either of them make sense with. Plus we finally just got them out of the west. Stay away pls.

I don't think either will leave unless there is a complete meltdown with this team (Z is signed for life and D just got a new contract). Though those comments don't make me feel comfortable, but yes our future in terms of our young guys is extremely bright, we just need to get that "Good" veteran help to help compliment the older vets and the young kids.*

*Cleary does not count as good veteran help

Top Bottom