• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
That's a shit attitude. You may not be able to get the "guy you want" but keeping the wrong fucking guy in Carlyle makes no sense. If you can't get your ideal guy, go after a coach that will have some sort of possession system as opposed to Carlyle and his "it doesn't matter that we're outshot 50-18, the actual quality chances were 4-3"
I'm all for firing, but I do think they're waiting for the playoffs to be over. Not sure firing now would accomplish anything. "Giving him time to look" by firing early won't matter much unless another team is looking and I think most are taking a wait and see anyways.

Samyy

The more concerning thing, imo, is that Nonis is still around. If that means Shanahan buys into the Nonis/Poulin/Louiselle plan then we're all still fucked.

I think changes to the scouting staff will happen. No idea on the rest.

I hope it's everyone. ESPECIALLY KADRI

I saw some Dreger-fueled-speculation that the Leafs promised the NHL they wouldn't make any changes now to keep the media/fan attention on the 'yoffs. Apparently hiring Shanahan was just too big for Bettman.

#TorontoMapleHubris

zroid

Banned
734559_749792648388953_2038978064151041491_n.jpg

yyzjohn

Banned
I hope it's everyone. ESPECIALLY KADRI

I saw some Dreger-fueled-speculation that the Leafs promised the NHL they wouldn't make any changes now to keep the media/fan attention on the 'yoffs. Apparently hiring Shanahan was just too big for Bettman.

#TorontoMapleHubris

What did Kadri do?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I can't wait to see what dumbass thing Homer does at the draft this year.

Probably trade Couturier or some shit like that.

Signing MacDonald to that contract is the STUPIDEST thing in the fucking world. Their Defense is bad enough and they sign that asshole. Him and his agent are laughing all the way to the bank.

Kimmo is probably gone, unless he takes a big paycut.

Coburn, L Schenn, MacDonald, Grossman?, Gustafsson. MAAAAAAYBE Gostisbehere.

That D looks like poop.

I can't wait to see what dumbass thing Homer does at the draft this year.

Probably trade Couturier or some shit like that.

Signing MacDonald to that contract is the STUPIDEST thing in the fucking world. Their Defense is bad enough and they sign that asshole. Him and his agent are laughing all the way to the bank.

Kimmo is probably gone, unless he takes a big paycut.

Coburn, L Schenn, MacDonald, Grossman?, Gustafsson. MAAAAAAYBE Gostisbehere.

That D looks like poop.

Hextall times. Believe.

Let's get the show on the road with Stastny now.

You could almost read between the lines with Armstrong's Q & A regarding Free Agency. If Stastny resigns and Legwand is the best UFA at Center, we have to look at a high profile trade partner.

Acid08

Banned
I wanted the Wild and Rangers to win so it didn't end too badly for me, just feel bad for Hertl :(
He looked so sad at the end. He was great all series though. Him and Sheppard were our best players which is pathetic considering the talent on this team.

You could almost read between the lines with Armstrong's Q & A regarding Free Agency. If Stastny resigns and Legwand is the best UFA at Center, we have to look at a high profile trade partner.

You're not getting Stastny, he's staying here for a home town discount. :p

Would like to see the Avs go after Nikitin, if we can't land him then there's really no one else to sign.

O'reilly-Duchene-Parenteau
Landeskog-Stastny-MacKinnon
Tanguay-Hishon-McGinn
McLeod-Mitchell-Talbot

Nikitin-Johnson
Hejda-Barrie
Bigras-Holden

Varlamov
Holy poop why do we trade for Berra?!

Hello friends.

Hi, bud! I thought the world would come crashing down, it's still here somehow. Still painful though. I really thought the Sharks would win this year, I really did. Stupid Stoll.

Samyy

He looked so sad at the end. He was great all series though. Him and Sheppard were our best players which is pathetic considering the talent on this team.

Yea it was tough to watch :(
Skys the limit for this kid though, he's going to have a great career.

Stars are also after a 2nd line center.

They are going to push hard for whoever and we have a good amount of prospects to choose from.

Will be interesting to see where things land.

Top Bottom