• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
The one year term makes it not the worst thing ever. This year is going to be such a mess anyway, I just hope it's enough of a mess that we get a good shot at the lottery.
The Leafs won't get anything handed to them. You know that pick is going to Arizona.

I'm still holding out hope that if Franny has the right D partner on the 3rd pairing, he should be good.

Not sure who that would be though...I'm not even sure what our D will really look like

Phaneuf - Robidas
Gardiner - Polak
Rielly/Percy- Granberg/Franson

I want Phaneuf to STFU and play on the goddamn left side. I also want to keep Rielly and Gardiner on the left as well. That third pairing though, especially if it's Rielly and Franson, scare the shit out of me.

I also wouldn't mind a Franson trade to help our 2nd line for more scoring as well.

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Frattin/Santorelli
Komarov - Holland/Santorelli - Crapson
Smith - Holland - Ashton/Bodie
Petri "I don't know" Kontiola as the extra and Orr mentors out AHL face punchers.

This still doesn't fill me with a lot of hope because there are way too many questions. Can Santorelli play RW? Can Holland produce with those line mates? Will Clarkson not drag everyone down? Can we get dependable face off wins? Can Frattin surprise everyone?

1st line is fine but Bozak is bound to regress.
2nd line has to stay healthy and I'm not sold on Frattin coming back.
3rd line with Clarkson worries me.
4th line has some good grinders and an ok mix, which I hope can play the PK as well. I would've fucking liked D'Amigo on there but whatever the fuck.

Dark horses
Brown is likely not ready, but I want to give him a try and I think another year of Jr is wasted, so AHL and call up.
Gauthier is also likely not ready and is better off in Jr.
Verhaeghe is also likely not ready. Not sure if he should go back to Jr or AHL though.
I don't want Nylander in this mess, so he will go back to Sweden.

zroid

Banned
a4Tvx1s.png

Top Bottom