• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

If you're gonna be cordial, be raspberry.

Early Aqua Teen is all my xmases at once.

Cherry cordials are excellent too

yhst-13762415706571_2263_12630515

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Some notes from Friedman's 30 thoughts today:

5. Paul Stastny is gone and you've got to think Ryan O'Reilly will follow. When Colorado was winning Stanley Cups, they had one of the NHL's highest payrolls and those players deserved it. We're not talking about Roy, Sakic, Blake and Forsberg here, but you see the potential, and, more importantly for the Avalanche, the local interest generated after years of apathy. The most logical rationale is Colorado wants to make sure its salary structure eventually fits underneath Nathan MacKinnon. But will the earth be scorched in attempts to get there?

21. Edmonton landed two of its top targets in free agency -- Mark Fayne and Benoit Pouliot. (Someone was willing to go a sixth year on Pouliot, so the Oilers went to five to get him.)

25. One of the more interesting rumours out there was Montreal, looking for size up front, asking Toronto about Joffrey Lupul. The Canadiens are not among the teams Lupul has blocked, so it could have been done. Ultimately, it sounds like the Maple Leafs will keep him. Can you replace a 25-goal scorer for $5.25 million, his current cap hit? That's a good number.

51. There's been less about Joe Thornton lately. There were reports the Sharks might strip him of his captaincy, but one teammate said he doesn't think that would force out the centre. First of all, Thornton got the "C" when it was taken from Patrick Marleau, so it's something he's seen before. Second, the player said Thornton wants to stay and be part of the solution, so he'd deal with it.

53. Both Lou Lamoriello and agent Jay Grossman say there was never any discussion about Ilya Kovalchuk returning to the Devils.

Rest of them here

Acid08

Banned
Not surprised to hear Thornton talk has died down, especially after this heel turn DW has done on the "rebuild" recently. Both him and Marleau flexed their clauses and really don't want to leave.

It's frustrating. Instead of going hard after guys like Error and Vrbata he signed Brown, Scott, and Haley(three of the worst forwards in the game) and Tye McGinn(redundant, we have players to fill that roll). If he really wanted to let our young guys take over spots we would have not signed any of them and let guys like Hayes, Tierney, and Hamilton have their shot in the bottom six. Guess we'll see what ultimately happens when training camp comes around but this sucks hard.

Edit: I also feel like DW is betting on Mueller makes the team with a Vlasic-like emergence at camp. Our left side D is literally two players short right now.

Tabris

I don't understand why teams rebuild after a single collapse. San Jose has it good. They are a really great team in a highly competitive division (one of the best divisions ever? close), and are always in competition for that Cup each year. I think re-tooling is all that's required.

I'm hoping that's the case with the Canucks but we'll see. We don't have it as good as San Jose.

Not surprised to hear Thornton talk has died down, especially after this heel turn DW has done on the "rebuild" recently. Both him and Marleau flexed their clauses and really don't want to leave.

It's frustrating. Instead of going hard after guys like Error and Vrbata he signed Brown, Scott, and Haley(three of the worst forwards in the game) and Tye McGinn(redundant, we have players to fill that roll). If he really wanted to let our young guys take over spots we would have not signed any of them and let guys like Hayes, Tierney, and Hamilton have their shot in the bottom six. Guess we'll see what ultimately happens when training camp comes around but this sucks hard.

Edit: I also feel like DW is betting on Mueller makes the team with a Vlasic-like emergence at camp. Our left side D is literally two players short right now.

Crazy because if they didn't have those clauses you gotta figure both of them would be gone by now. I still think they end up getting traded at some point.

I seriously have to laugh at the implication that losing Stastny is nearly as impactful as O'Reilly walking would be. Mac-Duchene-Hishon down the center in a few years. Looks fine to me, we just need some wingers to go with it.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Noob can't even aim properly.

Probably right.

Called up my workers as they were leaving (live close to work) to warn them... then one calls back saying it was their building and the door was shot up and doesn't think anyone was hit

Maybe they just really hated the door.

Also you fuckers need to be nicer to the new guy, even if every new person we get is forza give it some goddamn time just in case it's not. Forza can't hide Forza for long.

Kinda just want this joke to not be overdone.

Saying it once is OK, letting it happen for longer than a day by multiple people and it's just ridiculous.

Plus, I mean, you can kinda tell if an alt is Forza or Manics anyway. They're so freaking obvious that it hurts.

Also explain in-jokes to new people. Being the butt of an in-joke without it being explained just kind of alienates people.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Appreciate everything guys. Yeah the jokes are hard to get when you're new as in sure some of my jokes are hard to read.

You'll get to haze the new guys once you're through this. And we're pretty tight-knit once you get to know us, promised.

Top Bottom