• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
awwwwwwwwwwwww

Hope it works out for you two, bud. You deserve it. Don't pull a Quick&Smelly One on her.

TUSR I'm about to rewatch Ergo Proxy and I can't remember if it was any good or not

I'VE SEEN THIS SHOW

It's pretty great. Very dark&gritty. I liked it.

Oh, if any of you jerks like indie-wank off pop music with female vocalists like I do, the new Alvvays album is pretty great. Yes, the name is... unfortunate, but hey it's better than CHVRCHES at least.

Not bad, old man. Vampire Weekend-ish? Not bad.

I've never played a Pokemon game. And don't really feel like I've missed much.

It's definitely a thing that you had to love as a kid. I don't think it's possible to come to those games fresh as an adult and really give a fuck. I haven't cared since Red & Blue, really. But back then I was totally into it.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Buff is an absolute fucking treasure. Big guy got hitched yesterday!

btggibyiuaawsbg2xf32.jpg

Oh, if any of you jerks like indie-wank off pop music with female vocalists like I do, the new Alvvays album is pretty great. Yes, the name is... unfortunate, but hey it's better than CHVRCHES at least.

Kind of reminds me of Tennis, who I really like.

Also, good to hear Dastardly.

Good!

Ergo Proxy is the type of anime I can do. Dark, gritty, sci-fi and has interesting characters and avoids the shitty tropes of anime (Catgirls, sweat drops, nose bleeds, upskirts, Loli etc).

Don't pull a Quick&Smelly One on her.

Too late, she called me "cool" and "funny" and that's pretty much two defining words for you both.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Also I don't mean to start posting positive experiences just so freshly after two of our fellow beloved members have had some bad experiences. But contrast and some Ying Yang might help with balance.

That and my love life has been a shambling shithole for the past few years, especially ever since I dated a racist for 3 months and didn't realise it til January. So it's a welcome change from just hooking up with randoms that have nothing interesting to say afterwards.

Anyway, that LA Kings fan? We've been talking for a few days now and we have some really fantastic chemistry. We're both goofs, she throws in random Simpsons references, we have similar tastes in music, she's outgoing and wanting to go and explore places, we have some good synchronicity in our emotional wavelengths, she's honest and easygoing enough to never have me second guess her and I generally feel pretty comfortable with her (enough that my uptight self defense habits don't kick in basically). She's also had experience with some friends who suffer depression too, and even though I hide mine very well and never let it affect my relationships with people, it's really comforting to know she won't judge me for it and will understand it.

Last night she gave me her number out of the blue and was like "augh sorry if I'm moving too fast" (which is totally something I would do), just before I was about to ask her for it. We talked for about 4 hours and swapped Snapchats of being goofs to each other, and then I fell asleep during a movie. Apologised this morning and she replied back how much she's been smiling recently ever since we started talking,.and then proceeded to say what she thought of me. And that was just really neato and swell to hear.

I honestly can't remember the last time a girl made me feel this way.

It sounds really promising. :)

Good for you.

Socreges

Banned
Cat Empire is great. No idea what genre they'd be. Jazz/ska/Latin, I guess. Just good shit. And Australian! Really the only good thing to ever come out of Australia. The only.

Also I don't mean to start posting positive experiences just so freshly after two of our fellow beloved members have had some bad experiences. But contrast and some Ying Yang might help with balance.

That and my love life has been a shambling shithole for the past few years, especially ever since I dated a racist for 3 months and didn't realise it til January. So it's a welcome change from just hooking up with randoms that have nothing interesting to say afterwards.

Anyway, that LA Kings fan? We've been talking for a few days now and we have some really fantastic chemistry. We're both goofs, she throws in random Simpsons references, we have similar tastes in music, she's outgoing and wanting to go and explore places, we have some good synchronicity in our emotional wavelengths, she's honest and easygoing enough to never have me second guess her and I generally feel pretty comfortable with her (enough that my uptight self defense habits don't kick in basically). She's also had experience with some friends who suffer depression too, and even though I hide mine very well and never let it affect my relationships with people, it's really comforting to know she won't judge me for it and will understand it.

Last night she gave me her number out of the blue and was like "augh sorry if I'm moving too fast" (which is totally something I would do), just before I was about to ask her for it. We talked for about 4 hours and swapped Snapchats of being goofs to each other, and then I fell asleep during a movie. Apologised this morning and she replied back how much she's been smiling recently ever since we started talking,.and then proceeded to say what she thought of me. And that was just really neato and swell to hear.

:D

calder

10 minutes ago I started watching 47 Ronin

...right now I'm asking myself why the fuck am I watching 47 Ronin

OH god, the Keanu one? STAY TO THE END, STAY TO THE END.

It's... amazing. The whole movie is shit, but the ending is astonishingly awful. But even watching it I felt bad for the makers of the movie because their hands are tied so to speak, and yet the entire project is so poorly conceived and executed even worse it's hard to feel too bad.

TUSR

Banned
NAH BRO I JUST ASSUMED YOU WERE A VIRGIN

But wow, really? Ain't that some shit. How long ago was it?

^ 2 years

We dated for something like 4+ years, lived together and shit. Popped the question and she was ecstatic, as time went on I kept catching her lying and such. Something in her mind changed and she wanted different things. So I peaced out, and she tried to get back together like 3 months later and I told her the damage was done and there were no feelings left.

There is more to the story, but I don't really care to live journal my life on GAF.

Dang how old were you?

23. I seriously have never brought this up before?

Smiley90

^ 2 years

We dated for something like 4+ years, lived together and shit. Popped the question and she was ecstatic, as time went on I kept catching her lying and such. Something in her mind changed and she wanted different things. So I peaced out, and she tried to get back together like 3 months later and I told her the damage was done and there were no feelings left.

There is more to the story, but I don't really care to live journal my life on GAF.

damn, that's harsh

Better to find out before the wedding than after I guess.

Quick

Banned
Going for a Dastardly summary post.

Checked his post history and he's a PopGAF regular. :lol

PopGAF's "thing" is really getting old. I can only imagine grown-ass people typing shit out like a 16-year-old girl.

We have our own shtick here, but we don't actually take ourselves seriously. PopGAF is either really committed to the joke, or shit is serious.

literally

literally

literally

That really makes me want to literally
Smack a crowbar upside your stupid head

I'm happy for you, brahbrohbreh. *insert PopGAF gifs*

i6FkLqlvHeDjF.jpg

A Ducks fan and Kings fan dating. Straight out of the "omg so cute that couple are fans of rival teams squeeeeee~!~!~!~!~!!!!!" playbook.

Revenant

So NHL GAF Canadian edition. I was considering heading up to Canada on a trip (looking at sometime next year) as I always kind of wanted to go to either Montreal, Toronto, or Vancouver. Put yourself in the shoes of a dumb tall white guy from Illinois. WHERE SHOULD I GO. What do these cities have to offer as far as unique cool things. Are any of those worth it or am I missing the mark on what's cool about Canada.

EDIT: DASTARDLY YOU OL' DAWG YOU! congrats man.

23. I seriously have never brought this up before?

I honestly can't recall you mentioning much about the real TUSR. Always good to hear about us talk about ourselves irl imo. I enjoy getting to know more about us. Breakfast Club type shit.

A Ducks fan and Kings fan dating. Straight out of the "omg so cute that couple are fans of rival teams squeeeeee~!~!~!~!~!!!!!" playbook.

If I was a Bruins fan and she was a Habs fan, a bear would come up and punch me and knock my beer out of my hands.

Reason #572 why the Bruins culture is terrible.

Smiley90

So NHL GAF Canadian edition. I was considering heading up to Canada on a trip (looking at sometime next year) as I always kind of wanted to go to either Montreal, Toronto, or Vancouver. Put yourself in the shoes of a dumb tall white guy from Illinois. WHERE SHOULD I GO. What do these cities have to offer as far as unique cool things. Are any of those worth it or am I missing the mark on what's cool about Canada.

In terms of tourists attractions, Vancouver honestly doesnt have that much to offer.

Vancouver is just a really, really beautiful city. So if you want to go sightseeing and see attractions, don't come to Vancouver. If you want the spend your time enjoying the outdoors, parks, hiking, craft beers, beaches and a laid-back west coast lifestyle/people, then Vancouver is the city you want to go to.

I'll buy you a beer and show you all the places you should go to if you show up, just let me know. I've been on a ton of food/drink-adventures in the city due to a) having been a tourist b) having shown around tourists privately and professionally and c) having dated a foodie, so I like to think I know a ton of places lol.

TUSR

Banned
I honestly can't recall you mentioning much about the real TUSR. Always good to hear about us talk about ourselves irl imo. I enjoy getting to know more about us. Breakfast Club type shit.

im just a normal canadian guy, grew up at the ice rink.

don cherry kind of stuff, dont let the avatar fool you otherwise

Acid08

Banned

I'm heading up to Toronto tomorrow, will let you know what's good on my trip.

Montreal was cool though I didn't actually explore it all that much beyond finding cool places to eat. Really beautiful city but idk visiting cities is always weird for me. I get crazy anxious and self conscious in new places.

Montréal is a great city, though it can feel a little foreign compared to the other 2.
Vancouver is as beautiful as it gets, shitty weather.
Toronto sucks.

Revenant

In terms of tourists attractions, Vancouver honestly doesnt have that much to offer.

Vancouver is just a really, really beautiful city. So if you want to go sightseeing and see attractions, don't come to Vancouver. If you want the spend your time enjoying the outdoors, parks, hiking, craft beers, beaches and a laid-back west coast lifestyle/people, then Vancouver is the city you want to go to.

I'll buy you a beer and show you all the places you should go to if you show up, just let me know. I've been on a ton of food/drink-adventures in the city due to a) having been a tourist b) having shown around tourists privately and professionally and c) having dated a foodie, so I like to think I know a ton of places lol.

yea should clarify what I meant. I'm not necessarily looking for tourist trap stuff in the sense of landmarks etc. Just a cool place to chill for a weekend or so as a 24 year old guy. all the things you listed sound like my kind of thing. I think in the end it'll be between Montreal and Vancouver but I'd to get all of your guys opinions since you all know the place way better than i do.

Smiley90

yea should clarify what I meant. I'm not necessarily looking for tourist trap stuff in the sense of landmarks etc. Just a cool place to chill for a weekend or so as a 24 year old guy. all the things you listed sound like my kind of thing. I think in the end it'll be between Montreal and Vancouver but I'd to get all of your guys opinions since you all know the place way better than i do.

Place to chill is basically what Vancouver is, so... yeah. I'm not changing my description. I've never been to Montreal or Toronto though so I can't compare.

Also, tons of hot women here. Just saying.

Samyy

Doing a group project, offered to put the report together, its almost 11pm and of course I've done my shit but not a word from two damn partners :(
Bah...

Marvie_3

Banned
OH god, the Keanu one? STAY TO THE END, STAY TO THE END.

It's... amazing. The whole movie is shit, but the ending is astonishingly awful. But even watching it I felt bad for the makers of the movie because their hands are tied so to speak, and yet the entire project is so poorly conceived and executed even worse it's hard to feel too bad.
Quite the understatement there. I watched it on Friday. Holy fuck was it terrible.

Doing a group project, offered to put the report together, its almost 11pm and of course I've done my shit but not a word from two damn partners :(
Bah...

Group projects are shit. I hated getting assigned those.

Bah...

This is normal.

In my college years, I only had one group assignment where I didn't need to do 90%+ of the work and it was a Senior Capstone that I got really lucky with the group members (and later ended up getting an awesome job thanks to one of them).

Top Bottom