• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I see. Which is the one married to Leiweke's kid?

I heard St. James Reimer on the Jeff Blair show this morning. Oh how he was so saintly! Had nothing but kind, re-affirming words for Randy. I am certain Randy feels affirmed now and ready to lead the Leafs into the Playoffs and into History.

bodie

i totally expect him to stay and orr to go to minors... making our cap at $4.4-$4.5 million or whatever

Acid08

Banned
Two things about Toronto:

There are trendy ass motherfuckers EVERYWHERE

I've seen at least a dozen people roller blading today what the fuck????????

Samyy

Booth on the 2nd line :lol

All he needs to do is help keep the puck in the offensive zone and get it out of our zone quickly, which his numbers suggests he is decent at.

Lupul and Kadri will be the bulk of offense and Booth picks up some points along the way, as long as he hits 30-35 its all good.

DopeyFish

All he needs to do is help keep the puck in the offensive zone and get it out of our zone quickly, which his numbers suggests he is decent at.

Lupul and Kadri will be the bulk of offense and Booth picks up some points along the way, as long as he hits 30-35 its all good.

Booth is LW though :<

DopeyFish

I'd rather ship him off to Sweden then let Randy get his hands on him

Who says he already hasn't?

WilliamNylander2014NHLCombine7h66Vn-R_q1l_zpsf59b20fe.jpg~original

Be honest, could you resist?

Socreges

Banned
Booth every year since his rookie year has averaged 28 goals per 82 game season.
This is MASTER LEVEL stupid spin wordsmithing.

He had 26 goals in 134 games as a Canuck over 3 seasons. You should stop trying to make the signing look like some revelatory moment. Expect nothing from him and maybe you'll be surprised.

DopeyFish

This is MASTER LEVEL stupid spin wordsmithing.

He had 26 goals in 134 games as a Canuck over 3 seasons. You should stop trying to make the signing look like some revelatory moment. Expect nothing from him and maybe you'll be surprised.

How stupid are you?

Spoiler alert:
very

What the fuck did i say in my post? He had 16 goals/82 games as a canuck

What is 26 divided by 134 equal to? What is the result multiplied by 82 equal to?

All I was trying to insinuate was he is capable of playing on the 2nd line, that's it. Sure i didn't intend to make it seem like it was 28 goals per year but meant as an average due to injury. Wordsmithing? More like anal nitpicking.

Socreges

Banned
How stupid are you?

Spoiler alert:
very

What the fuck did i say in my post? He had 16 goals/82 games as a canuck

What is 26 divided by 134 equal to? What is the result multiplied by 82 equal to?

All I was trying to insinuate was he is capable of playing on the 2nd line, that's it. Sure i didn't intend to make it seem like it was 28 goals per year but meant as an average due to injury. Wordsmithing? More like anal nitpicking.
Now, Dopey, you've confused yourself again. Mistakenly or deliberately to save face, I don't know.

Look at what I quoted. That was the focus. "Booth every year since his rookie year has averaged 28 goals per 82 game season." is meaningless, misleading and untrue.

I then gave more context about the time he's spent with the Canucks, plus the lack of games. NOT meant to contradict your second point, but to inform anyone who isn't familiar with Booth and could take your post to indicate actual promise.

I've lived on the West Coast since 2000. The last guy I saw rollerblading was a friend who moved here from Ontario, and this was back in 2002.

Despite what Skitchin' would have you believe, it's just not popular here.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Yeah you'll pretty much only see people rollerblading on the bike paths of specific beaches in SoCal. Mainly Santa Monica, Venice, Huntington, and maaaybe Laguna. Nowhere else, really, coastal or inland. With regularity, at least.

ShaneB

My friends and I, when we were young, would play roller blade hockey at the tennis court before the nets were up. It was good times.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
That awkward moment when you're trying to set up a Tinder date with a native girl and she keeps talking about her family's alcoholism. I feel bad for her.

Top Bottom