• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Got a partner for my advanced stat project and added a replacement to corsi/fenwick

Stat geeks are going to be having a wild time within a couple of years. Oh boy.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I still haven't got the work from my group members lol

This happened to me with a really big end-of-year project. It was a presentation, and everybody completely bombed except for me. The professor gave us a bad grade, but pulled me aside after class and told me that he knew what had happened and graded me on my part alone. It would be worthwhile to at least shoot him an email and let him know what's going on.

By the way, the project was for a capstone business course, and we had to basically do a case study on an existing business and recommend a plan for their future. I picked Netflix, and recommended that they start a streaming service. This was considered outlandish (this was in like 2007, or right before they started their streaming service) so I got a B+ instead of an A.

Socreges

Banned
This happened to me with a really big end-of-year project. It was a presentation, and everybody completely bombed except for me. The professor gave us a bad grade, but pulled me aside after class and told me that he knew what had happened and graded me on my part alone. It would be worthwhile to at least shoot him an email and let him know what's going on.

By the way, the project was for a capstone business course, and we had to basically do a case study on an existing business and recommend a plan for their future. I picked Netflix, and recommended that they start a streaming service. This was considered outlandish (this was in like 2007, or right before they started their streaming service) so I got a B+ instead of an A.
Moments after being born I declared that Apple should get into the cellular phone business.

Samyy

Where do we keep all these bottom-6 forwards??

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Booth
Komarov - Santorelli - Clarkson
Holland/Winnik - Holland/Winnik - Kiontola

Bodie/Ashton

DopeyFish

Where do we keep all these bottom-6 forwards??

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Booth
Komarov - Santorelli - Clarkson
Holland/Winnik - Holland/Winnik - Kiontola

Bodie/Ashton

Look at the plus side

No more orr

No more mclaren

No more mcclement

Samyy

Not to mention finding spots for Orr and McLaren full-time

Gardiner and Rielly will be benched for when we need Orr and McLaren, revolutionary strategy.

Oh and completely forgot about Frattin too~
At least in terms of centre we won't be completely screwed if someone gets injured.

DopeyFish

Gardiner and Rielly will be benched for when we need Orr and McLaren, revolutionary strategy.

Oh and completely forgot about Frattin too~
At least in terms of centre we won't be completely screwed if someone gets injured.

We said that last year

Two months in the only NHL center we had was kadri

Acid08

Banned
Not sure if compliment or not lol

Where are you :eek:
I love walking around in the financial district, so many huge buildings :D

Not sure how to take this.

Are you here then?
I AM HERE. I'm staying at the Hilton in the financial district so I've mostly been wander around there. And I guess it's a compliment, seems like a cool place.

Though I feel super self conscious and anxious in new places -_- gonna head to Chinatown now I think.

DopeyFish

I AM HERE. I'm staying at the Hilton in the financial district so I've mostly been wander around there. And I guess it's a compliment, seems like a cool place.

Though I feel super self conscious and anxious in new places -_- gonna head to Chinatown now I think.

Toronto is like NeoGAF

Lots of people from everywhere and mostly people dont care until you do something stupid... so no need to be anxious or self conscious here...

Samyy

Toronto is like NeoGAF

Lots of people from everywhere and mostly people dont care until you do something stupid... so no need to be anxious or self conscious here...

Fordnation is OT-gaf?

I dont understand.

The Leafs are making moves that aren't depressing and/or embarrassing?

What is going on?

Going on twitter and r/hockey and not seeing people laughing at our moves is certainly a welcome change.

DopeyFish

You know what.
I ain't even worried!

Even if they trade phaneuf?

Looks like leafs are at 50 but we still have 3 slide contracts

So either gardiner isn't being signed until training camp or leafs are trading to sign gardiner... or the leafs are trading gardiner (which would be stupid)

Samyy

Still need to sign Nylander as well.

Not if he goes back to Sweden though right?

Even if they trade phaneuf?

Looks like leafs are at 50 but we still have 3 slide contracts

So either gardiner isn't being signed until training camp or leafs are trading to sign gardiner... or the leafs are trading gardiner (which would be stupid)

If we trade Phaneuf we are a bottom 5 team so yea that works, will be able to got a #1 C potential centre prospect likely. Matthew Barzal or Colin White probably.

DopeyFish

Not if he goes back to Sweden though right?

If we trade Phaneuf we are a bottom 5 team so yea that works, will be able to got a #1 C potential centre likely.

Contracts still count in summer, no?

And trading phaneuf has a greater chance to make us a better team than worse lol

Samyy

Phaneuf for rick nash

wdgif1.gif

I for one can't wait for the season to start.

#MORECOX

Leafs have over $4

Winnik and gardiner puts us at 25 players so no matter what we get over $1 mil in cap from 2 sent down

Where are you seeing $4m? Capgeek has that, but I don't think they've included Winnik yet.

edit: Boof is going to be a 3/4 guy. Clarkson will start on the 2nd. (* u * )

DopeyFish

Booth on the 2nd line :lol

Booth every year since his rookie year has averaged 28 goals per 82 game season

Though his canucks campaign was a career low of 16 goals/82 games

I for one can't wait for the season to start.

#MORECOX

Where are you seeing $4m? Capgeek has that, but I don't think they've included Winnik yet.

capgeek has our cap listed at $3.07 million with winnik and 24 players
add gardiner and you have 25. you can't have more than 23.

so at worst case we lose troy bodie and trevor smith for $1.15 million making our current cap $4.22 million at minimum before gardiner signing.

I see. Which is the one married to Leiweke's kid?

I heard St. James Reimer on the Jeff Blair show this morning. Oh how he was so saintly! Had nothing but kind, re-affirming words for Randy. I am certain Randy feels affirmed now and ready to lead the Leafs into the Playoffs and into History.

Top Bottom