• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

TUSR

Banned
Ouch, they pretty much have no length on them anymore for me, I can't seem to cut as sharp because the holders start scraping the ice.

Its surprising at how much you notice your stride changing from the addition of 1/4" of steel on the bottom of your skate. When I got a new pair of the same skates (10 years difference same build) I noticed immediately that I could corner sharper.

Erdrick

Jets sign Frolik to a one year 3.3 million contract. Better than going to arbitration but I really want them to work out a longer term deal. He was one of our most solid and consistent players last year.

Its surprising at how much you notice your stride changing from the addition of 1/4" of steel on the bottom of your skate. When I got a new pair of the same skates (10 years difference same build) I noticed immediately that I could corner sharper.

Which is why I'm looking forward to new skates since it's been a while, though the breaking in part usually sucks. I'll just need to get them contoured when I get them, when I got this pair I use now I got it done from a guy who knew his stuff and owned his own small skate shop. Now I can only find bigger stores with kids working them who may or may not (most likely not) know exactly what they are doing.

Quick

Banned
My skates are killing my feet. I'm going to have them widened (I'm guessing this is a thing), since baking them did jack shit last time.

That, or I buy new skates. But, like Crazed said, breaking them in will suck.

Calamari41

41 > 38
What's it like to be able to play hockey without waking up at 4 AM and booking the rink a month in advance? Must be... must be pretty nice.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing on Newegg.ca, but thanks for the heads up.

PC building is currently on hold due to some unexpected expenses.

Most people here do a rolling stop. I do a full 3-second stop if I see cops, though.

Typical Asian drivers.
v ^_^ v

If you need an SSD drive. PM a gaf user here by name Hinzel. He may have some SSDs for you. I got some from him (I got 4!) last time.

New Call of Duty actually looks.... good... Can't believe I'm saying that. Though the MP sneak peak at the end kinda looked like Titanfall with the jumping.

Stasis

What's it like to be able to play hockey without waking up at 4 AM and booking the rink a month in advance? Must be... must be pretty nice.

I just biked around my new town's extensive pathing and "discovered" a park I didn't know about. A crew was already setting up the rink walls for Winter.

I don't know if that's exciting or depressing.

The Score has canned most of its feature-editors and will now focus on its mobile/news-wire section.

That sucks for those guys, but how many people were actually reading those blogs?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The Score has canned most of its feature-editors and will now focus on its mobile/news-wire section.

That sucks for those guys, but how many people were actually reading those blogs?
Their app is great, but I haven't been to their site in years.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
#Habs PK Subban when asked if he'd thought about playing for the hometown Leafs: "Um, I’d be wrong to say that I haven’t thought about it"....More Subban on playing for Leafs: "I’ve thought about it — but I’m very happy where I am right now, and they’ve treated me so well.”

Leafs will be an All-Star team with all these top players coming their way.

Spl1nter

@HennyTweets 15m
Leafs and Jake Gardiner appear to be closing in on a new contract. Indications point toward a long term deal. #TMLtalk

Yes please, Henny had the scoop on July 1st so hopefully this will happen soon.

@HennyTweets 15m
Leafs and Jake Gardiner appear to be closing in on a new contract. Indications point toward a long term deal. #TMLtalk

Yes please, Henny had the scoop on July 1st so hopefully this will happen soon.

But what will this years controversy be before pre-season if everyone is signed?

Razorskin

----- ------
‏@reporterchris 1m
Jake Gardiner has signed a $20.25M, five-year extension with the #leafs. Gives him a $4.05M AAV.

The somehow the leafs arent fucking up anymore. Love the deal.

Wow, Leafs sign someone to a reasonable deal, Gardiner has to bust for sure now to restore the balance.

Leafs will be an All-Star team with all these top players coming their way.

Everyone wants to play for Toronto. PK has to get in line like everyone else. Winnik apparently got ahead of people

Does Quck need to update this?
ibtOx7vT2ixUKa.gif

zroid

Banned
How many former Ducks will be on the Leafs roster next year? Seems like a lot. :lol

edit: not to mention fucking Carlyle

Top Bottom