• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Spl1nter

Ekblad is playing in the NHL next year. You dont get more NHL ready draft players than him. If he was Russian they would be checking his birth certificate.

Ekblad is playing in the NHL next year. You dont get more NHL ready draft players than him. If he was Russian they would be checking his birth certificate.

He looks exactly my friend from college, at 18 lol.

He is physically ready but he is just starting to push the envelope of he offensive game and he'd be better served to try that 1 more year in jrs. He's been great since exceptional status at making the 1st pass and reading the plays in both zones. This year he's been doing more to make the pass and join the rush making him very scary as a scoring threat. I would want him to experiment more with that in the jrs than get burned in the NHL.

zroid

Banned
I need to ban myself from visiting capgeek. I keep finding defencemen's contracts which, when compared with Phaneuf's, make me want to gouge my eyes out.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I need to ban myself from visiting capgeek. I keep finding defencemen's contracts which, when compared with Phaneuf's, make me want to gouge my eyes out.

Just think about this: Hamhuis, Doughty, Vlasic and MacDonaugh are all getting paid between 4.25 and 4.7 mio.

Acid - we tried to tell you Stuart was on the decline when we traded him to you guys.

Also Burns is stupid because he plays all those video games, come on now. :p

In other news, Bert wants to come back.... Dude, I like you but you are done, I'm sorry. Knowing Holland he will be this years Cleary.

Smiley90

MacDonaugh was a RFA and Doughty is actually getting $7m.

His cap hit is only like 4.4 though, which is what I was referring to. For teams like Toronto what players are getting "paid" doesn't really matter as much as their cap hit anyway. :p

Curufinwe

I see Bruins fans are competing for most vile & disgusting fan base ever with Philly fans.

vanstreets2_JPG_1287463cl-f.jpg

Tabris

Ehh, I'll ignore the riot thing as last time that got me banned.

But back to my comment - 2 fan incidents this playoffs - Boston fans tweeting racist comments and Philly fans beating up Rangers fan on video.

Smiley90

But back to my comment - 2 fan incidents this playoffs - Boston fans tweeting racist comments and Philly fans beating up Rangers fan on video.

Yeah the Canucks fanbase has been very nice in cheering for their team these playoffs.

Wait.

Shit.

Curufinwe

Yeah, there were no racist comments made on twitter about Wayne Simmonds after his hat trick. Because the only racist hockey fans in North America all happen to live on Boston, and the only drunk idiot hockey fans all live in Philadelphia. Everyone else is perfect.

You are going to ignore a fucking riot, or try to excuse it, but you are going to call out a fanbase because of a fight between a few fans? WTF is wrong with you, how did you wind up like this. A riot is worse then anything else that fans of any of these teams has done in recent memories. If you are really going to say that racist comments online makes a fanbase the worst them you need to include every team but the flyers since Simmonds has said that he has he4ard racist comments in every city he has played in.

Acid08

Banned
David Pollak @PollakOnSharks 1m Wilson says his recommendation is to keep #SJSharks coaching staff going forward.

Brodie Brazil @brodiebrazilCSN 1m Wilson says "status quo" not an option. Decisions will be made in 10-14 days to avoid emotional mistakes in the present. #SJSharks

David Pollak @PollakOnSharks 15s No decision yet on changes to be made with #SJSharks, Wilson says, acknowledging he, too, is under evaluation.

Brodie Brazil @brodiebrazilCSN 13m Doug Wilson: "This is not a nick or a scratch, this is an open wound" #SJSharks pic.twitter.com/CReDPpUkVT

Brodie Brazil @brodiebrazilCSN 1m Logan Couture says the hurt isn't the same from two nights ago. It's worse. #SJSharks

Brodie Brazil @brodiebrazilCSN 5m Wilson on #sjsharks fans/media criticism: "They shouldn't let it go away"

Ray Ratto @RattoCSN 1m

Re: @KKurzCSN, Todd McLellan will return as Sharks coach, which is a good thing. If you have a different opinion on this, shut up.

Brodie Brazil @brodiebrazilCSN 2m Joe Thornton on #SJSharks demise: "mind-boggling... I will lose sleep over it for months".

Kevin Kurz @KKurzCSN now

Doug Wilson on if Game 5 was a head-scratcher: "I wouldn’t use the term head-scratcher. I’d use more severe terms.” #SJSharks

Brodie Brazil @brodiebrazilCSN 44s Patrick Marleau says #SJSharks conclusion makes him "know that you never want to feel this way, again"

David Pollak @PollakOnSharks 15s Unlike past seasons, #SJSharks held off on releasing post-playoff injury report. Will seek again at later date.

Couple thoughts:

1. DW and TMac are going to stay. Robinson, Johnson, and Woodcroft who knows.

2. Not releasing injuries is interesting. Says maybe two things: a) No one was was injured(highly unlikely) or b) They didn't want the players to be able to use injuries as an excuse.

3. No idea what happens with some of these players. Thornton and Marleau have said similar things after playoff exits for years. Boyle says he thinks he has more than one year left in him. Everyone has NTCs. Going to be an interesting offseason.

ZeroGravity

Finally changes in Philly?

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC
Ed Snider is talking with PHI media. According to @tpanotchCSN and @davegisaac, Snider is confirming Ron Hextall was brought in to be GM. but timetable and exact role for Paul Holmgren are still TBD. Snider said Holmgren would still be part of decision-making process.

Curufinwe

Yeah, he's only 22. If he wants more than $3m he can fuck off.

Couturier had a possible sports hernia, Simmonds a knee problem, and Downie is having surgery on both ears to improve his hearing and balance. Holmgren didn't seem too keen on resigning him thank god.

Acid08

Banned
steve simmons @simmonssteve
There were at least three NHL teams - two of them currently with coaches - who were interested in Todd McLellan had the Sharks let him go.

Top Bottom