• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Samyy

I am just so burned out on video games right now
Which is weird considering I just finished exams, but I have zero desire to play anything.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I am just so burned out on video games right now
Which is weird considering I just finished exams, but I have zero desire to play anything.

I find I can only play one game at a time, and I don't find myself really looking forward to playing much anymore. I'd rather just sit on the couch and watch TV while I browse the internet when I get home.

Just picked up Tropical Freeze though and it's great so far.

I find I can only play one game at a time, and I don't find myself really looking forward to playing much anymore. I'd rather just sit on the couch and watch TV while I browse the internet when I get home.

Yep, I do the same thing.

Samyy

This is exactly what I do, but I'm just home all day. So I workout for an hour and a half and then do shit all the rest of the day, maybe go out in the evenings.

#Suburblife

Quick

Banned
Also my hand hurts because I played the Dedede rhythm mini-game for like 2 hours...

giphy.gif

Acid08

Banned
It's the cutest cute to ever cute (✿◕‿◕)

Also my hand hurts because I played the Dedede rhythm mini-game for like 2 hours...
Is it super easy though? All the Kirby games are so easy :(

Right now I'm playing FFX after taking a break. Think I'm going to take another break soon because I'm at a part where I have to grind and I don't waaaaaaaaaaant to.

On the backlog I have FFX-2(the better game hehe), Fire Emblem, Tearaway, Persona 2 IS & EP, and Tearaway.

Totally relate to the gaming droughts that were being talked about too, I went through a good 10-12 months drought before I got my 3DS and Vita last year. Those two revitalized by enthusiasm for games.

Edit: forgot about 999 which I'm probably most excited to play. Loved Dangan Ronpa and heard this is even better.

zroid

Banned
It's easy I guess. Super charming/cute/fun/etc. though. Soundtrack is amazing too. The copy abilities also got cranked up in complexity; there's an actual unique move set to learn for each one.

I have a lot of 3DS and Vita games backlogged too. I don't play games that much these days so I often end up checking things out for an hour or two and then putting them back on the shelf. :\

AcridMeat

Banned
Wingels is going to worlds, that's pretty cool.
I like Wingels, good for him.

Caught up on the thread, agreed with most of your grades, and laughed a bit.
then cried forever

If the coaching staff stays then they have to revamp the defense at least. It's funny that Vlasic is so good because the last couple years I couldn't tell by how little he played.

Warriors play their game 7 tomorrow. I don't have high hopes but maybe they'll surprise me. Otherwise it's shitty exits too early for both teams. :(

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Shanahan do something I'm cakebosses
Give him time. I'd prefer to avoid another Clarkson-like mistake.

I wonder how much of the support staff would be change though?

Carlyle has to go.
I'd like Nonis gone too.
Advanced stats should have a department.
Hire Gary Roberts to get these lazy shits ready for the season.
For scouts, it's a tough call. I think Toronto has pretty decent scouts but it's not like they had a lot to work with. I think out most success late round pick may have been Kaberle. A team like Ottawa and Anaheim have a stellar record at the draft.

Even with all these changes, our rosters need a massive overhaul. Can we create an identity with this core? We are an aggressive team that isn't afraid to fight and take penalties. That's not something that will win us a Cup now, and I never understood why we had to be a tough team. I say focus on fierce backchecking, speed, and possession. A lot of the players we have don't fit into...fuck they don't really fit into anything...

Merguson

Banned
Give him time. I'd prefer to avoid another Clarkson-like mistake.

I wonder how much of the support staff would be change though?

Carlyle has to go.
I'd like Nonis gone too.
Advanced stats should have a department.
Hire Gary Roberts to get these lazy shits ready for the season.
For scouts, it's a tough call. I think Toronto has pretty decent scouts but it's not like they had a lot to work with. I think out most success late round pick may have been Kaberle. A team like Ottawa and Anaheim have a stellar record at the draft.

Even with all these changes, our rosters need a massive overhaul. Can we create an identity with this core? We are an aggressive team that isn't afraid to fight and take penalties. That's not something that will win us a Cup now, and I never understood why we had to be a tough team. I say focus on fierce backchecking, speed, and possession. A lot of the players we have don't fit into...fuck they don't really fit into anything...

I think pro scouts will go through changes. Maybe a bit of assistant GM cleaning.. Shanahan brings someone he trusts.. Replace Nonis in the far future.. If need be.. There's a lot of people in the organization.. Compared to the rest of the organizations in MLSE.

Going full HF Boards here.

1. Tanev plus #6 for Florida's #1. Draft Reinhart.
2. Kesler to Pittsburgh for Pouliot, Beau Bennett, and a 1st.
3. Edler, Jensen, and Pittsburgh's 1st to Winnipeg for Kane.
4. Sign Gaborik, 3 years $20M.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Kane-Reinhart-Gaborik
Burrows-Horvat-Higgins
Matthias-Richardson-Bennett
Sestito
Hansen

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Garrison-Pouliot
Suave-Corrado
Weber

Lack
Markstrom

Cactus

Banned
I think pro scouts will go through changes. Maybe a bit of assistant GM cleaning.. Shanahan brings someone he trusts.. Replace Nonis in the far future.. If need be.. There's a lot of people in the organization.. Compared to the rest of the organizations in MLSE.
I'd be so happy if Poulin and Loiselle are let go along with Carlyle. All three assistant coaches can join them.

RC

Banned
You're so edgy, Desi.

But it's the truth. Dre made one good album, The Chronic.

"But RC, what about the Chronic 2001, it was one of the greatest rap albums ever."

Overrated crap, it wasn't even the best rap album released that year.

Anyone who thinks the Chronic 2001 is some kind of masterpiece was probably still in the single digits the year it was released.

Quick

Banned
But it's the truth. Dre made one good album, The Chronic.

"But RC, what about the Chronic 2001, it was one of the greatest rap albums ever."

Overrated crap, it wasn't even the best rap album released that year.

Anyone who thinks the Chronic 2001 is some kind of masterpiece was probably still in the single digits the year it was released.

Y'all don't like him? Blow him.

Chronic 2001 had catchy music. Can't say it's something I've listened to in recent times, though.

Top Bottom