• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
So no sports for me to really watch. Maybe had the Lightning and Colorado stayed in the hunt, I might have cared.

Fucking Boston LA final.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Cake Boss

Banned
Bm13mBHCYAAt0-6.jpg:large

Hey guys, just enjoying my summer.

Karlsson thought he was sneaky with that shirt, if you just glance at that picture you may not notice the skull with a weird target on it. Illuminati confirmed. Jay-Z took the picture and was holding up his triangle sign with the camera going through it.

Also nice plaid shorts.

Quick

Banned
Karlsson thought he was sneaky with that shirt, if you just glance at that picture you may not notice the skull with a weird target on it. Illuminati confirmed. Jay-Z took the picture and was holding up his triangle sign with the camera going through it.

Also nice plaid shorts.

His facial hair resembles Satan's pubes.

Freemason Illuminati confirmed.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Two weeks in the slammer has been hell. So many things I've wanted to say. First things first. I've always thought my dislike for the Maple Leafs came from a place of logic and reason, and that somewhere in my past, the Leafs must have done something to cause my general dislike of them. I realise now I don't dislike the Leafs because of anything inherently wrong with them, I grew to dislike them because my siblings liked them. I've been doing a little soul searching these past few weeks, and I've come to the realisation that can't just hate on a team and their fan base out of pure spite towards my siblings. So this is me offering up an olive branch to Leafs Gaf. A sorta of mutual respect for each other and an offering of peace.

I have to thank the city of Boston, the Bruins, and their fan base for helping me on this journey of discovery and enlightenment. Without them I don't think I would have ever seen the light. These past few weeks, watching both the Detroit and now Habs series with the Bruins, a new feeling washed over me. As this emotional state slowly took hold, I paused a moment to reflect. If this feeling was what I assumed it was, then surely it and what I felt towards the Leafs couldn't have come from the same reservoir of dislike, could they?

One night, after catching a replay of a magnificent adaptation of the Nutcracker courtesy of the Boston Bruins, I realised there are two types of things in this world; there are superficial things that are only really cosmetic and don't mean much, and then there are real things that come from that inner place in every human being called the gut. How I felt towards the Leafs came from a juvenile place, a superficial place, a place that I didn't really have any real excuse to hold onto. But this dislike that was now following freely through my veins, this was the real deal. It was as if I was living in a state of fogginess, and only now did the haze lift and I could see clearly for the first time in my life. I knew who the real enemy was. The true enemy that every Habs fan was warned of when they were still a small child.

At that moment I recalled something my father told me when I was really young, something I had long forgotten but in the clear mind I was in now, had come rushing back to memory. It was soon after my brother was born and we had now lived in Toronto for a few years, and as we sat father and son watching Hockey Night in Canada, he turned to me and said:

"This city is now our home, and both your brother and sister were born here. But for you and I, we always remain loyal to a different city. The city that took us in when your mother, myself and you as baby first came to this beautiful country; the city of Montreal. One day, your siblings will break your heart when they take to the Blue and White, but it is in their blood to do so, and I only ask that you refrain from judging them too harshly. For you, there can only ever be the Blue, the White, and the Red of the Montreal Canadiens. But be wary my son, for out there in the shadows, peering from behind dark, sinister eyes, lays the true bane of all Habs fans. He is called the Bruin, and to know him is to know true evil itself"

Now considering that this was a long forgotten childhood memory, my hyper imaginative mind may have filled in details that were lost, with things that may have never been said by my father. But I would like to believe that the gist of it was true to what he really did say, and that what he was attempting to communicate to me was the age old Habs adage, "Fuck the Bruins." Yep, after all these years, the clarity of it all hit me like a bag of bricks. The Leafs? They were a childhood distraction of mine, and for the first time, looking at my sister's Kessel jersey didn't send me into a laughing fit. I had bigger fish to fry, and the Leafs could wait. Boston, oh it's on baby.

Now for the rest of what I've been trying to say these past weeks.

Colorado: Absolutely gutted for you guys. Patrick Roy did an amazing job turning that team around, and I would have liked to have seen him and the team go deeper in the playoffs. You guys have a solid group of young players, so I'm expecting to see a lot of good things in the future for that team.

San Jose: Pity is the only thing that comes to mind with these guys. It's as if they are cursed or something.

Pittsburgh: Dude what's up with Crosby? No goals in what is it now, 12 games or so?

Detroit: Was rooting for you guys to beat the Bruins. Hopefully next year we can go back to seeing some of that Red Wings swagger you guys used to have.

Watching the Habs has been an absolute delight these playoffs, and Subban beasting it in the face of all this bullshit, puts a smile on my face. But there's a lot more work ahead, so time to bunker down and Go Habs Go.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Two weeks in the slammer has been hell. So many things I've wanted to say. First things first. I've always thought my dislike for the Maple Leafs came from a place of logic and reason, and that somewhere in my past, the Leafs must have done something to cause my general dislike of them. I realise now I don't dislike the Leafs because of anything inherently wrong with them, I grew to dislike them because my siblings liked them. I've been doing a little soul searching these past few weeks, and I've come to the realisation that can't just hate on a team and their fan base out of pure spite towards my siblings. So this is me offering up an olive branch to Leafs Gaf. A sorta of mutual respect for each other and an offering of peace.

I have to thank the city of Boston, the Bruins, and their fan base for helping me on this journey of discovery and enlightenment. Without them I don't think I would have ever seen the light. These past few weeks, watching both the Detroit and now Habs series with the Bruins, a new feeling washed over me. As this emotional state slowly took hold, I paused a moment to reflect. If this feeling was what I assumed it was, then surely it and what I felt towards the Leafs couldn't have come from the same reservoir of dislike, could they?

One night, after catching a replay of a magnificent adaptation of the Nutcracker courtesy of the Boston Bruins, I realised there are two types of things in this world; there are superficial things that are only really cosmetic and don't mean much, and then there are real things that come from that inner place in every human being called the gut. How I felt towards the Leafs came from a juvenile place, a superficial place, a place that I didn't really have any real excuse to hold onto. But this dislike that was now following freely through my veins, this was the real deal. It was as if I was living in a state of fogginess, and only now did the haze lift and I could see clearly for the first time in my life. I knew who the real enemy was. The true enemy that every Habs fan was warned of when they were still a small child.

At that moment I recalled something my father told me when I was really young, something I had long forgotten but in the clear mind I was in now, had come rushing back to memory. It was soon after my brother was born and we had now lived in Toronto for a few years, and as we sat father and son watching Hockey Night in Canada, he turned to me and said:

"This city is now our home, and both your brother and sister were born here. But for you and I, we always remain loyal to a different city. The city that took us in when your mother, myself and you as baby first came to this beautiful country; the city of Montreal. One day, your siblings will break your heart when they take to the Blue and White, but it is in their blood to do so, and I only ask that you refrain from judging them too harshly. For you, there can only ever be the Blue, the White, and the Red of the Montreal Canadiens. But be wary my son, for out there in the shadows, peering from behind dark, sinister eyes, lays the true bane of all Habs fans. He is called the Bruin, and to know him is to know true evil itself"

Now considering that this was a long forgotten childhood memory, my hyper imaginative mind may have filled in details that were lost, with things that may have never been said by my father. But I would like to believe that the gist of it was true to what he really did say, and that what he was attempting to communicate to me was the age old Habs adage, "Fuck the Bruins." Yep, after all these years, the clarity of it all hit me like a bag of bricks. The Leafs? They were a childhood distraction of mine, and for the first time, looking at my sister's Kessel jersey didn't send me into a laughing fit. I had bigger fish to fry, and the Leafs could wait. Boston, oh it's on baby.
giphy.gif

Beautiful, should have posted this in the playoff thread.

I've been here for a bit(well I mean not here here, started posting in NHL gaf more seriously starting at the Olympic break). Who are you?
Just another racist trying to bring Subban down

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I've been here for a bit(well I mean not here here, started posting in NHL gaf more seriously starting at the Olympic break). Who are you?

Resident racist, thanks. Did you get Heretic's posting approval yet?

I was banned for a month to atone for NHLGAF's sins.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
giphy.gif

Beautiful, should have posted this in the playoff thread.

Just another racist trying to bring Subban down

To be honest, I actually thought I was posting in there Lol Should have seen my face when I looked in there to see if smiley replied, and I couldn't find my post. Thought he deleted it or something and went, "shit he could do that?"

Resident racist, thanks. Did you get Heretic's posting approval yet?

I was banned for a month to atone for NHLGAF's sins.

No I did not. As I said, I'm here by accident.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
To be honest, I actually thought I was posting in there Lol Should have seen my face when I looked in there to see if smiley replied, and I couldn't find my post. Thought he deleted it or something and went, "shit he could do that?"

No I did not. As I said, I'm here by accident.

It's fine, it's just a formality. It's basically just to check if you're Tabris or not.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Not surprising http://hurricanes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=717908

RALEIGH, NC – Ron Francis, Executive Vice President and General Manager of the National Hockey League’s Carolina Hurricanes, today announced that the team has relieved Head Coach Kirk Muller and Assistant Coaches John MacLean and Dave Lewis of their duties. The Hurricanes also reassigned Goaltending Coach Greg Stefan to the pro scouting department. Assistant Coach Rod Brind’Amour will remain part of the coaching staff.

“We thank Kirk, John and Dave for their time and effort during the past three seasons,” said Francis. “Kirk and his staff worked very hard, but we feel that the team is in need of a fresh start at this time.”

Muller, 48, compiled a record of 80-80-27 during three seasons with Carolina after being named head coach on Nov. 28, 2011. It was his first head coaching position in the NHL.

Interesting Brind'Amour is kept on board...

Watching prospect clips and damn this Ehlers kid makes me sweat. Boom/Bust and only 164lbs but damn his skill set is insane. His skating is unnatural may very well be the fastest skater since Bure.

Quick

Banned
Let the Ron Wilson reboot begin!

@DarrenDreger said:
Ron Wilson is getting consideration for another NHL head coaching job. Experience is a big plus for some teams in the market for a coach.

Looks like the Leaf's are keeping Carlyle based on Dregers comments again.

"Who is better?"

Fuck this shit.

If Carlyle is kept on, I'll be done with the Leafs for a bit.

But it's not as if he's the only problem:

“We’re constantly trying to find solid uses for [our analytics budget],” Nonis said. “The last six, seven years, we’ve had a significant dollar amount in our budget for analytics and most of those years we didn’t use it. We couldn’t find a system or a group we felt we could rely on to help us make reasonable decisions.”

“People run with these stats like they’re something we should pay attention to and make decisions on, and as of right now, very few of them are worth anything to us,” Nonis continued.

Top Bottom