• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Socreges

Banned
I saw some awful campsites in California during our road trip. They were doing it all wrong. Felt more like a campground/trailer park hybrid.

No wonder so many Americans hate camping.

You missed one, though: floating in a fucking lake. While drinking.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
With a name like Pernell? You sure?

image.php

I wake up to the news that my township and the areas south of me are not supposed to use any city tap water because it is contaminated and the microcystin levels are too high... What a way to start the weekend. :/

Edit: I guess it also affects the area north of me as well, and everyone is panicking and buying out all of the bottled water.

Raising my hands in choir-like salvation @ Quick. Imagine Dastardlys in full effect.

I'm going to be gone for a few weeks. Decided to not take my laptop with me (my parents don't own a computer and I don't get reception at their house). This is probably the last time I will ever have a few weeks of quality time with my son and father since I have to focus on finishing college and starting my career. Later

http://youtu.be/CdqoNKCCt7A

Y'ALL COME BACK NOW Y'HEAR

Acid08

Banned
Kings fan bails no surprise smh
good luck with everything dude

Four hour layover in the Detroit airport right now. Toronto was a pretty swell city.

Guardians of the Galaxy is the best Phase 2 Marvel movie. I'm in love with it.

And Winter Soldier (2nd best Phase 2 movie) coming out on blu-ray is just dandy.

RC

Banned
The Warriors is awesome

And terrible

But mostly awesome

I wonder if it would have been better or worse with a decent script

Not only is The Warriors an awesome movie it also has an awesome soundtrack and a very awesome game based off of it.

The Warriors is really fucking cool. Corny-ass dialogue is very welcome in a movie like that because it works.

The intro, through to the "Can you dig itttt" address, all the way through to the radio announcement at the end as the credits roll, the soundtrack, the theme and environment. So good.

Instant classic.

Bit of a downside to seeing Guardians is that it was meant to be the first movie I worked on with Luma Pictures where my name would appear in the credits.

Instead, I saw my replacements name in the credits replaced with mine. As well as the name of the guy who would've been my senior peer there. The one that could've potentially helped me with my shortcomings that lead to my termination (not knowing Linux I/O and having to learn it from scratch unassisted and with no documentation).

It was like watching your ex with a new boyfriend.

I'm in a better place now, but it still hurts.

Also I'm pretty sure they're gonna fold in the next few years anyway. The CEO only started a Melbourne studio because of the kickbacks from the government, and now that the current government has retracted all kickbacks for media and arts (as well as basic humanitarian and social services) he has no motivation to keep a Melbourne studio open.

I wish I didn't hate going to movie theaters. Would see things in a way more timely fashion.

I hate less than optimal viewing angles and one of my friends (though he works full time) seems to always sneak in to save money. It's kind of embarrassing

Going to watch Guardians this afternoon!

Guardians was my favorite Marvel to date and I'm usually not all that into Marvels. It's pretty cool we're getting Cosmic movies.

I wish I didn't hate going to movie theaters. Would see things in a way more timely fashion.

Woman behind us was SHREIKING at every comedic moment. Like some kind of hellspawn laughter of the apocalypse noise.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
They're calling you out Red: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=866753

Edit: This thread isn't going to last with the ass pain already present.
I'm actually going to see it right now :lol. I stand by my post, but happy to be wrong. My most anticipated Marvel movie in a while.

Edit: I didn't even say it would bomb, just that no one had heard about it. OP is too busy jacking off to his posts to read others posts.

Calamari41

41 > 38
There's something really fucking creepy to me about the guys who have a trove of people's posts all saved up from months or years in advance like in that thread. It's one thing to go back into someone's post history during an argument and find hypocrisy, but to sit on posts like that just in case? It is literally the same as rape.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
There's something really fucking creepy to me about the guys who have a trove of people's posts all saved up from months or years in advance like in that thread. It's one thing to go back into someone's post history during an argument and find hypocrisy, but to sit on posts like that just in case? It is literally the same as rape.

I'm saving this post for future reference.

There's teaching people to be responsible for what they post... God knows the whole fucking internet could take a whole course on that. Including myself...

... But trawling through posts about peoples initial reactions to an obscure Marvel franchise? I mean, c'mon.

It's based reactions. You could've told me on the internet 2 years ago that they were going to make a Guardians of the Galaxy movie and my first reaction would've been "What the fuck is the internet?" but here we are in 2014 and I've read the books and followed the media (and worked on it *sniff*... bawww) and was keen as shit on it, and now basking in the glow of a good-ass movie. But it wouldn't change the fact that back then I would've still gone "Why would they do that?".

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Yea, going through post regarding a movie with a talking raccoon and tree, and cherry picking them like you're doing some greater good is going a bit far.

I never understood the hesitancy showed towards that movie when they first showed it off. I don't really follow comics nor was I aware of the Guardians franchise, but it never presented itself as ridiculous to me that there was a talking raccoon, or giant tree fucking things up. Why is that more ridiculous than any other comic book movie?

Well I dunno about you guys but a talking racoon totally broke immersion for me and I couldn't enjoy my film of a giant tree smashing an alien because of it.

I've never actually bookmarked a post, some post are just so dumb they stay in mind rather easily.

Gonna side with Red on this one. I can still remember stupid-ass posts people in our insular community have made 3+ months ago because they stand out.

I mean, 98% of them are Tabris posts, but my point stands.

Wait, I just noticed the OPs name is 'Dalek'.

Kind of shooting fish in a barrel if you wanna insinuate the dude is a complete dork for trawling through a bunch of posts for negative reactions to an obscure Marvel franchise being made into a movie.

I figured Rocket would explode in the movie fandom if given the right stage. Groot, not so much.

That and the first trailer was shown in front of literally 80% of the movies I've seen this year.

I'm seeing Boyhood again tonight. I'm already hard as hell

I have to wait two weeks and it's fucking killing me.

Samyy

I will be watching GoTG in 6 hours :D
Dunno how I'm going to study in the mean time....

Also currently debating getting an SSD and a new battery for my 2011 MBP....its still so nice to use....I feel like with those things I could use it for another 3 years.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Also currently debating getting an SSD and a new battery for my 2011 MBP....its still so nice to use....I feel like with those things I could use it for another 3 years.

An SSD where there wasn't one before will make any computer feel like brand new.

Top Bottom