• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The Habs must lock him up. And you gotta believe Subban has the upper hand.
Obviously. All the cards are in his hands now, he can just keep pushing to UFA if he wishes. Bergevin has really fucked himself over here, and if he tries to move him, his value will diminish because of all this fiasco.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Sorry, I'm wrong. I think it's he can't be signed until January 1st. I've been up since yesterday morning, running on fumes.

Acid08

Banned
Is there a pre-teen white girl convention in Toronto today? There are literally packs of them roaming the streets everywhere.

ShaneB

Is there a pre-teen white girl convention in Toronto today? There are literally packs of them roaming the streets everywhere.

I saw something on the news while in the lunchroom that sounded like a band was in town with lots of girls screaming. That might be it.

Anaheim won a cup with the clever "have three #1 dmen, two of them first ballot HOFers in their prime" method. Not sure why more teams don't copy it.

That was pretty effective. Almost 100% of the time Pronger or Niedermayer was out there. During crunch time both of them. Plus our thugs with skill mentality. Roughing all the teams up. Commit 30 penalties, only 8 at most get called.

Bt99pEIIIAAd4IF.jpg

Dem feels man.

Solo

Let's be honest, I don't see anyway way that Subban isn't playing for the Habs this year. They are gonna try their hardest, again, to get this guy locked up so they'll accept the arbitration award whatever it is.

Honestly can't imagine him playing for another team.

Edit: Wait, isn't there a clause saying that he CAN'T be traded if it comes to that? I think I remember something like that with Weber. Could be wrong.

I feel Subban will be a Hab for the entirety* of the 2014-2015 season. But beyond that? Eh.......

*unless he makes it clear before then he intends to go UFA and we can bend over a Cup chasing team at the trade deadline.

zroid

Banned
In my mind the most logical situation is Subban really doesn't want term because he thinks whatever the Habs are willing to give him this year will only increase next year. But the rumours/leaks seem to negate this so it's pretty baffling.

Solo

Based on 2012, don't be surprised if Subban puts up career best numbers and maybe wins another Norris out of spite.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
This must be what it feels like being a southern team. Always worried about losing talent because of money, except that shouldn't be a problem for this team.

Fuck I'm so pissed.

Solo

Or ownership agrees with him :p

Then Molson should fire himself. The thing about PK isn't just hockey. He brings in so much revenue in other areas too - jerseys, merch, etc. He's the poster boy of the franchise now. I go to Habs games every year, and every year, Subban jerseys dominate and PK gets bar far the biggest pp from the audience. To let him go would be to piss off an entire fanbase royally. This isn't the first time the Habs, who aren't short on cash, have stiffed a superstar player either. Shit's frustrating.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Then Molson should fire himself. The thing about PK isn't just hockey. He brings in so much revenue in other areas too - jerseys, merch, etc. He's the poster boy of the franchise now. I go to Habs games every year, and every year, Subban jerseys dominate and PK gets bar far the biggest pp from the audience. To let him go would be to piss off an entire fanbase royally. This isn't the first time the Habs, who aren't short on cash, have stiffed a superstar player either. Shit's frustrating.

I think teams like the habs and leafs work like they are the hottest shit. Both teams approach RFAs like they are UFAs. We get great players from drafts by accident and they do their best to drive them into the ground. Both teams do embarrassing shit.

What star player from the last 30 years from either team retired with their team with dignity?

I think the brashness causes more problems than it fixes, tbh.

Top Bottom